Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Will You Be Egging During the Coronapocalypse?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    How long do cryo vac ribs last?  I found two slabs of SRF in the garage freezer. 2-3 yrs old I’m guessing. 
    Those should be fine.  Butt Blast raffle ribs?
    I don’t think so. BOGOs I believe. 
    Didn't someone just cook a 7 year old steak?  I think you are good.  I would give them a go.  
    If it gives me the runs, I’m well equipped with toliet paper. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    How long do cryo vac ribs last?  I found two slabs of SRF in the garage freezer. 2-3 yrs old I’m guessing. 
    Those should be fine.  Butt Blast raffle ribs?
    I don’t think so. BOGOs I believe. 
    Didn't someone just cook a 7 year old steak?  I think you are good.  I would give them a go.  
    If it gives me the runs, I’m well equipped with toliet paper. 
    I'm impressed by how much you've planned for any contingency here.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Now that’s a great question and post, JIC!

Pastrami project started this morning. And nova lox started last night. Cured meat and fish to cure my family!

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Egging as usual here. 20' cubic freezer is pretty well stocked. Running out of elk though. 
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Just picked up half a dozen bags of Rockwood.  I should be all set for at least a week or two lol.
  • chard
    chard Posts: 67
    Options
    Cold smoking some cheese, then firing up the small for a pork butt.
    Eggin' with a Large and Small
    Twin Cities, MN
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    If they are t freezer burned, I would eat them without hesitation. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Thanks Tex. They look fine. I’ll give them the sniff test once I decide to thaw them. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Thanks Tex. They look fine. I’ll give them the sniff test once I decide to thaw them. 
    I don’t know, you seem to be more prone to tossing and posting than anyone.  This might be too much.  It’s not clumpy rub level, but could be close.
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Went to a local butcher and picked up a nice tri-tip and hunk of pork to throw on the egg today and tomorrow. 

Tri-tip first

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Legume said:
    I don’t know, you seem to be more prone to tossing and posting than anyone.  This might be too much.  It’s not clumpy rub level, but could be close.
    You are right about me tossing stuff. It’s the apocalypse now. Gotta bend some rules. Lol
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    **** yeah.  Bout to fire up the Blackstone for some chick breast that are way past expiration 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have been told by my company to work from home for the next three weeks, so it sounds like some good days for several egg cooks.  I have the freezer pretty well stocked.  Two briskets, two turkeys, 8 racks of ribs, a butt, probably 10 pounds of hamburger, about 8 steaks, chicken breast and 20 pounds of wings.

Probably ribs up first.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Let's not shoot our loads at the beginning of this crisis, gentlemen.   Play the long game.  You have to have the balls to ration.  
    I went to the butcher for meat we haven’t planned for the coronapocolypse. What we don’t finish will get frozen for soups. Putting more thought into our alcohol rationing with a 4 and 2 year old at home (that sounds worse than intended).  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    Well today I bought a 2 pound block of sharp cheddar, about 3 pounds of store made sausage, dozen and a half eggs. Also Rotel, 6 pounds of various beans, 6 pounds of Irish potatoes, 3 pounds of sweet,  Bisquick, 3 packs mixed frozen vegetables. 
    With yesterdays frozen turkey and the collards outside I ought to be able to mix and match for quite a will. 
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    after the nova lox and pastrami I’ve currently got going, I’m going to bribe and smoke a turkey breast and break out the slicer for  lunch meat. Had a hankering for a turkey sammie today and no reason not to turn it into a 3 day project!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • rlew
    rlew Posts: 68
    Options
    Shaking my head at the foolishness of people
  • Big_Sam_I_am
    Options
    My family will be dining on a spatchcocked and smoked turkey. I have to be doing something right, because the dogs are already circling the BGE.
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    All you folks cooking up delicious meals...I just hope you got a supply of TP!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @cornholio - definitely looks like you got the seal of approval. 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    1) I had to “Like” a cook with tater tots. 
    2) Welcome aboard @Big_Sam_I_am.
    3) We have a lot of junk in our freezer including my share of the sausage haul from the last sauscutapalooza so we’re good for a while. And our 180 bottle wine fridge is nearly full. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Terpderpitude
    Options
    I’m thinking crabs.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Just picked up half a dozen bags of Rockwood.  I should be all set for at least a week or two lol.
    Amateur. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    1) I had to “Like” a cook with tater tots. 
    2) Welcome aboard @Big_Sam_I_am.
    3) We have a lot of junk in our freezer including my share of the sausage haul from the last sauscutapalooza so we’re good for a while. And our 180 bottle wine fridge is nearly full. 
    Why am I only just now hearing about this?  That is awesome.