Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peanut butter taste test

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Celebrating.
    Making a peach cobbler.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    YukonRon said:

I would never eat peanut butter again if I could just pull that plate of food out of the pantry.
    Stillwater, MN
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

I would never eat peanut butter again if I could just pull that plate of food out of the pantry.
    @StillH2OEgger
    You sir, are very kind. It really means a lot. Thank you.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    When I would make PB&Js for my offspring’s lunches, when I reached the end of the loaf and have just one regular slice and one heal slice, I’d put the peanut butter on the heal side and add the jelly and top with the regular slice. They never knew they were eating the heal. 😉 I fessed up years later. Also, always diagonal cut the sandwich. 
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Had this a long time ago, when I used to eat Ramen. Remember it as tasty and easy. 
    https://www.cookingmamas.com/easy-top-ramen-pad-thai/
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • speed51133
    Options
    I search for two ingredients in my peanut butter. Peanuts and salt. NOTHING else. SOMETIMES I opt for roasted peanuts, but I prefer raw ;)
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I search for two ingredients in my peanut butter. Peanuts and salt. NOTHING else. SOMETIMES I opt for roasted peanuts, but I prefer raw ;)
    @speed51133, I bought dry roasted peanuts the other day and made peanut butter in my food processor. Nuthin' else, no salt, just nuts. It is delicious!

I also bought some raw peanuts that I was planning to roast and then make peanut butter. Are you saying I can make tasty PB with unroasted, raw nuts?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YukonRon
    Options
    Tri Tip. Marinated 24 hours.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    Any time I want to try a new kind of peanut butter my wife gets a sample to see if our dog likes it.  As long as I live I will never understand that woman.
  • YukonRon
    edited October 2019
    Options
    just a shot of a dämn nice Chard. We will be having a red with dinner. This is pre game.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Used my Mediterranean marinade with this cook. 1 HR, 375⁰F raised indirect, using white oak for smoke.
    Served with a caeser and a baker.
    Killed it. Best I have done in a while.
    The Cambium is an awesome blend from Sequoia Grove. 2015 is a killer year.
    Unfortunately with the tariffs posted today, French wines will be too expensive to justify. Cambium is a great replacement for the very exquisite Bordeaux blends.
    Try it you will enjoy it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    edited October 2019
    Options

A burrito of smoked tri tip, home grown very ripe beefsteak tomatoes sriracha and bleu cheese coleslaw using sweet napa cabbage, carrots and vidalia onions.

Was wanting to make tacos, but I am ok with this.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Looks amazing, high quality ingredients and a tasty recipe. I’d eat five of those. 

Also, this thread title is a misnomer. It’s a dedicated @YukonRon “what are you cooking now” thread lol
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • YukonRon
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Looks amazing, high quality ingredients and a tasty recipe. I’d eat five of those. 

Also, this thread title is a misnomer. It’s a dedicated @YukonRon “what are you cooking now” thread lol
    @NorthPilot06

I just started dumping stuff in this. I respect the guidelines established for other threads, and a few things I have said in the past were unsettling to OP and its patrons.

So I may dump a pic or so, and leave the narrative in this thread.

If it continues, great. If it gets booted from others using free speech or myself speaking my mind about whatever, so be it.

Just for the record, I used 4 ingredients in this recipe from the EU that has now gone up 25%, due to the newly imposed tariff to basically keep Beeing Aerospace in business. They are clients of my work.

I have just grown weary of being the "Shut the fück üp Donnie!" guy.

I am abrasive. Not suited for others, at times.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Not sure I followed all of that, but you’re welcome to do as you wish. Couldn’t bother me at all  :)
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    But I still like the food. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I know just kinda all over the place recently.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JethroBodeen
    Options
    Its not like the moderators on this forum will ever see it! By evidence of quite a few threads since Ive been here. I say post it all. They don't even recognize new people registering......
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @YukonRon You speak your mind as you wish my friend. I have to say maybe your angst has inspired your cooking - you have been killing it lately. I want to thank you also for sharing the link to the spectator- I’ve been learning a bit about wine. I’m a slow learner but I try. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @SciAggie

The nice thing about learning the better point of wine is the discoveries of those which become your favorites. There are over 70K wine labels with several styles to each.

It is a journey. Have fun along the way.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Its not like the moderators on this forum will ever see it! By evidence of quite a few threads since Ive been here. I say post it all. They don't even recognize new people registering......
    Thank you for the kindness. I just do not wish to be a bother, and I am not smart enough to know when I overstep my line.

Anyway, this is just convenient and I do not have to open another thread. It works. If people are interested, they will find it.

Peace my friend, enjoy the forum.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    In the stall 174⁰F and not moving....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I love this cook. Perfect for a rainy humid Sunday.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Wow, those are some of the beefiest ribs in a while - SRF quality coming through right there! Looking forward to the finish and the pairing!
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I love this cook. Perfect for a rainy humid Sunday.
    It appears you are well on your way to deliciousness!  
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @Gamecockeggman

Thank you for the kind words. Setting at 190⁰F currently. Just came out of a stall.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options