Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Brent Tribute Cook Thread

13»

Comments

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    I sure miss @bgebrent. I think about him at least once every day 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @DoubleEgger nice work. I’ll raise a glass of WRDO to that, and to Brent. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks mighty tasty, @DoubleEgger

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    I’m not cooking anything worthy of this thread but I did get a bottle of Woodford Reserve Double Oaked for Christmas so I broke it open to sip on while I cook the roast beast on a friend’s gas grill.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,868
    I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to do one of Brent's cooks, but with the one-year anniversary of his death being tomorrow, for sure I think I need to get out and acquire some Woodford Double Oaked today.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to do one of Brent's cooks, but with the one-year anniversary of his death being tomorrow, for sure I think I need to get out and acquire some Woodford Double Oaked today.  
    Wow, hard to believe , lifting a glass for Brent!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Weird. I bought A fresh bottle yesterday. I guess something must’ve told me it was time to replenish.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Only Woodford I have in-house. This needs to be handled with care.  Serious rocket fuel.

I will pour for the toast this evening.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    I have a new one as well
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Thanks for the reminder, miss his presence on the forum.  Will have a DO in his honor tomorrow. Hope his family has found some peace.
    Greensboro, NC
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Not a big fan of the double oaked, but I have been sitting on an unopened bottle of the wheated woodford that I’ll open tonight.
  • lousubcap
    Legume said:
    Not a big fan of the double oaked, but I have been sitting on an unopened bottle of the wheated woodford that I’ll open tonight.
    @Legume - I am with you on the DO (moved off a few years ago) but definitely will be interested in your take on their wheated bourbon.
    For the record, I am not in the wheated mash bill camp although back when I could get it I did like PVW.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    lousubcap said:
    Legume said:
    @Legume - I am with you on the DO (moved off a few years ago) but definitely will be interested in your take on their wheated bourbon.
    For the record, I am not in the wheated mash bill camp although back when I could get it I did like PVW.  
    I’ll let you know.  I like the whole BT vertical for the most part.  Always have some combo of Weller, BT, Col Taylor in house and often others, just never chased Pappy.  I didn’t know woodford had a wheated, but a very good whiskey guy at the local liquor wherehouse dredged one out from the back for me based on my asking about the BT brands.
  • lousubcap
    I am with you on the BT line-up.  Blanton's and EH Taylor are my favorites (but a challenge to find some 58 miles from the distillery) with Eagle Rare right there.  For the daily fix I am good with BT.
    I recall some 15-20  years or so ago (old here) when you could walk into the liquor store and always find PVW 10 year on the shelf, the 12 was good for around 9 months of the year and even the 15 was available for 3-4 months.  He!! the 20 could be had right after the annual release.  
    Then the brown water run took off and most is exported to out of state domestic and international markets.  Crazy the way the bourbon market continues to grow.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    I have been on a 30 day dry wagon, but tonight I will raise my glass to a truly awesome friend. Hard to believe it’s a year already.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Cheers to a heck of a nice guy.  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    My thoughts are with his wife and family. Miss the guy! Cheers brother🍷
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    @northGAcock - join the Zoom session this evening.  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    lousubcap said:
    @northGAcock - join the Zoom session this evening.  
    Went out to dinner with my bride to celebrate our anniversary. Would not have been the right move.....but will definitely join in near future. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    caliking said:
    Posted by @DoubleEgger some time ago, but they’ve been on my mind ever since. The Super Bowl was the catalyst to finally make it happen. Posted these in the SB menu thread too,  but thought it should be posted here as well. 

Made for good eats, while I worked on the other stuff yesterday. 

Peace, Brent. 
    Thank you @caliking
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian