Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Adventure through Spain and what I am eating along the way - OT

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Fantastic.. You guys are going to need a C150 Cargo plane to get back.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Dude.  Awesome pics.  I just ate lunch and your food pics make me simultaneously hungry and sleepy - like I just ate all that and want a nap.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    This is amazing Mark.  Incredible food and photography.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    I guess so.  
    Maybe slightly akin to meeting a bunch of people in a state park in NC to cook and eat and maybe have a drink or two.

Seriously, you could feel the excitement building. Nearly ever town square had a giant screen going up for people to watch it there.  I am sure it would be a great time if you had the slightest bit of interest. 
    Drankin ain’t aloud in the NC State Parks. Now you can use a mod IST amount to marinade your cooks.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    Options
    We loved Sevilla as well even though it was brutally hot there.  We joked that it made us feel like vampires.  We always sought the shade because the direct sunlight seemed so hot that you felt like you were getting burned.

For Game of Thrones fans, Real Alcazar is where they filmed the scenes that were set in Dorn.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Got to love the alcohol prices. My wife and I went to a shot bar when in Barcelona. We had some Barcelona friends stay back because it was $2 shot night. Not $1 shot night. 

They'd have a heart attack if they saw the $10 shot prices here in the states. And that's just pouring you a shot. That's not even a show or starting the shot on fire and roasting marshmallows with it. 

The quality, quantity, and price for meals is amazing. For lunch one day in Barcelona I pointed to something on the menu not knowing what it was. I can't read Spanish but I thought it might be fun nonetheless.

To my surprise, the server brings out a big bowl of pasta for me. So I finish this big bowl of pasta and was happy with my guess on the menu. The server takes away my plate and puts down another plate. Huh? Turns out that was my appetizer. This plate consisted of meat and sides. At this point I'm stuffed. The server takes away my plate and sets down a huge piece of chocolate cake. Are you kidding me? Plus a mug of beer. 

Total price - $9

You can hardly get a value meal at Burger King for that. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yesterday was the top highlight of my trip.  We went to the a farm where they raise iberico pigs and make, monitor and produce Jamon and other pork products.

I learned a ton, and the experience exceeded my expectations.  If anyone wants more information, let me know, but for this post I will let the pictures do the talking. ( @20stone - you gotta do this! )

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    You coming back? I mean really why would you? Reading this in amazement. 
    That's a legit question.

San Antonio, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @Sea2Ski you're going to need a much larger fridge!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Too freakin cool.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    My God this trip is insane.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    By the mother of Zeus!
    These posts just pushed us over the edge regarding planning a trip to Spain. My dad was stationed there and I lived there as a youngster but don’t remember. Can’t wait to go back.  Luckily she is a travel agent. Great hook ups. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @Foghorn there were so many GOT fans there wearing GOT T-shirts as you can imagine. And of course the vendors jumped in and were selling other GOT garb right outside the walls. Where there is opportunity.....

And I echo your comment on the heat. It was intense there. I totally get the siesta thing and why they do not eat until 9-10 pm. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Interesting. We were there in 2016 and I don’t recall seeing much - if any - GOT stuff. 

San Antonio, TX

• pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Spain is on our short list. Following. 

Same here.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Wish you would hurry up and get back home. No one should have this much fun and food whilst the rest of us have to work. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow