Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    1911Man said:
    @SGH It's more cost effective to build than buy many times. 
    This is certainly true up to a point. I have built a couple of AR-15’s and am currently putting together an AR-10 myself. 
    However there are times you can find clearance and close outs that are just to good to pass up. 
    With that said, when I finish this current AR-10, I will have about all the AR style guns that I want for now. As of late I have really got into 22’s for some reason. I’m more than sure my granddaughter has a huge influence on this. I currently have a CZ 457 Varmint Precision Trainer with a 24.5” threaded barrel on order. Can’t wait to get it in my hands. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    New chore coat. 

@CPFC1905
    Here it is.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    New chore coat. 

@CPFC1905
    Here it is.  

I cannot forr the life of me figure out what someone in the Deep South would do with that heavy jacket or heavy bibs. Do you lay it on the swamp floor to sit on while picnicking? Way too hot!!!! Are they for when you vacation in the North???
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,414
    Options
    A toad. Then had to pick up towbar, cables, brake buddy and mud flaps.
    @SandyHookEgger Back in the mid 1970's I was stationed in Italy for a couple of years.  After totalling a nice Alfa Romeo within about 3 months of scheduled departure I bought a Fiat 500 aka Cinquecento.  It was quite a down-turn but definitely fun to drive.  You are several upgrades ahead with your new ride. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    A toad. Then had to pick up towbar, cables, brake buddy and mud flaps.
    Nice car, cool stripes.
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    New chore coat. 

@CPFC1905
    Here it is.  

I cannot forr the life of me figure out what someone in the Deep South would do with that heavy jacket or heavy bibs. Do you lay it on the swamp floor to sit on while picnicking? Way too hot!!!! Are they for when you vacation in the North???
    That coat is not heavily insulated at all. That is not the traditional arctic lined jacket that most folks think of when think of Carharrt. That is the “chore” cost. It has a very light blanket lining in it. I use it for cool windy nights.  

Status- Standing by.

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Image result for hipshot gt2

It's not much, but I'm looking forward to putting it on my Strat!
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,309
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    New chore coat. 

@CPFC1905
    Here it is.  

Since I am from the other other side of Biloxi I can answer that. Even on land the humidity is so high that you can drink the air. Combine that with constant coastal winds and even Yankees shiver in our, admittedly short, winters. I never worked on oil rigs like Scotty but I had several contracts repairing bridges from underneath using barges and on work like that you can’t go inside and warm up every few minutes.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    New chore coat. 

@CPFC1905
    Here it is.  

That coat is not heavily insulated at all. That is not the traditional arctic lined jacket that most folks think of when think of Carharrt. That is the “chore” cost. It has a very light blanket lining in it. I use it for cool windy nights.  
    I have the super heavy coat most think of with carhartt but I want this chore coat badly. I would get a lot of use from it mowing on the tractor on chilly summer nights 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    New chore coat. 

@CPFC1905
    Here it is.  

Since I am from the other other side of Biloxi I can answer that. Even on land the humidity is so high that you can drink the air. Combine that with constant coastal winds and even Yankees shiver in our, admittedly short, winters. I never worked on oil rigs like Scotty but I had several contracts repairing bridges from underneath using barges and on work like that you can’t go inside and warm up every few minutes.
    Just bustin balls. 😜
  • SGH
    Options
    Well, it’s not overalls.

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    @SGH I had a custom holster made for my Ruger Alaskan. I picked out everything down to the snap and stiching. He does stamping and everything. I didn’t want anything fancy. Old retired veteran out West. I can get his info if you’re interested. I figured that would be right up your alley. 

454 Casull ain’t no joke...  (.45 auto for reference) 

• SGH
    Options
    @SGH I had a custom holster made for my Ruger Alaskan. I picked out everything down to the snap and stiching. He does stamping and everything. I didn’t want anything fancy. Old retired veteran out West. I can get his info if you’re interested. I figured that would be right up your alley. 

Nice rig and gun. And yes, send his info if you don’t mind. 

Status- Standing by.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

My new china hats and gear.  Mostly for fermenting, but probably also use for a bunch of other stuff.

Phoenix 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    blasting said:

My new china hats and gear.  Mostly for fermenting, but probably also use for a bunch of other stuff.

I have a couple myself. I use to strain things when cooking say fruits that break down or ingredients in Worcestershire sauce. Also handy for heating pasta as you plate it. Much easier to handle than a colander. Nice score.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    SGH said:

Nice rig and gun. And yes, send his info if you don’t mind. 
    Here you go. Earl is a great guy. 

http://www.trailmasterholsters.com/
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,674
    Options
    Nice wheel gun and holster @DoubleEgger, I bet you hold that with both hands!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You gotta watch that recoil!
    ColtsFan said:

Walmart has been selling these for the same price for months now.  I don't even want to count how many boxes I have....
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Walmart has been selling these for the same price for months now.  I don't even want to count how many boxes I have....
    Same here, but the problem is there's never any on the shelf. Granted, I typically avoid Wal-Mart so I'm not checking often. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,674
    Options
    you got that right!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options

I got bored shooting the 454 Casull load, so I reloaded some 300 grain Hornady's in the 460 case.  Much larger ball of fire out the muzzle!

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Just ordered a Vortex. Hopefully I will not have to buy surgery for my bicep muscle next week.

• DoubleEgger
    Options

I got bored shooting the 454 Casull load, so I reloaded some 300 grain Hornady's in the 460 case.  Much larger ball of fire out the muzzle!

Sweet. Guns like ours are prairie dog guns. When you shoot them at the range, everybody’s head pops up to see what’s going on. Looks like a bunch of prairie dogs. 
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    stonewh said:
    Just upgraded from a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT to this, loving it so far.

Nice truck!  
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited March 2019
    Options
    stonewh said:
    Just upgraded from a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT to this, loving it so far.

Going from a GMC to anything else is a big upgrade  B)
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave