Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    My Ace usually has it but it’s across town. I usually grab b&b when I’m at the store. Usually don’t have a problem with it. Just wanted to try rockwood. Haven’t really used it. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,415
    Options
    Just checked the RW web site and yes the prices have definitely moved up in the past year.  I had quite a supply in the storage area (had not ordered since their on-line sale of Valentine's Day 2018).  Now down to around to around 9 20 lb bags.  Thus the  query.  Dang- I definitely invested in the wrong market segment this past year  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    ^^^ @1911Man, whereabouts do you live?  "603 (Pelham)" doesn't ring a bell for me.  
    I don't know if my local dealer quit carrying now either, I had bought enough last August to last me to now plus a few more cooks...

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    @Botch I'm in NH... Pelham, NH. Just inside the border of Free 'Murica (compared with the PRM/MA). =) 603 as in "living free in the 603", google it. ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Accumulating parts for a coyote rifle build
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    They have some great marketing.

Lifetime warranty for damage or loss!  

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just ordered a PK 360. Hopefully I get it for the weekend.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Lit said:

I had to google what a PK360 was.  It's a.... $700 Kettle?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Lit
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Lit said:

I had to google what a PK360 was.  It's a.... $700 Kettle?
     $800. If you google a little more it seems to have some advantages over a kettle. 
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Lit said:

Looking forward to the review @Lit.  Congrats.

Phoenix 
  • Lit
    Options
    blasting said:
    Lit said:

Looking forward to the review @Lit.  Congrats.

Thanks will do. Can’t wait to fire it up. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ordered one of these Yuneec Breeze Drones from Woot!  Should be here tomorrow.

Tonight I ordered 4 more batteries and an extra set of props.  My neighbor ordered the same drone so I figure we'll be doing some drone wars and the props will be needed.

Image result for yuneec breeze drone
    I have the Yuneec Typhoon H drone and love it.  Have a lot of flight time on that.  It's relatively large - weighs over 4 pounds.  I think the Breeze is around 14 oz. Can fly it indoors without destroying the house.  And it's great outdoors, except the range is only 80 meters because it uses the cell phone wifi vs the badass antennae on the Typhoon controls.
    Options
    A regulator for '04 Chrysler van driver side window. UGH. Being installed now. Those sharp edges on the door frame convinced me not to do it myself. I bleed easier now that I am older.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,352
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    A regulator for '04 Chrysler van driver side window. UGH. Being installed now. Those sharp edges on the door frame convinced me not to do it myself. I bleed easier now that I am older.
    Working inside a door shell is the worse. You need like 3 elbows to accommodate :)
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options

Tonight I ordered 4 more batteries and an extra set of props.  My neighbor ordered the same drone so I figure we'll be doing some drone wars and the props will be needed.

I have the Yuneec Typhoon H drone and love it.  Have a lot of flight time on that.  It's relatively large - weighs over 4 pounds.  I think the Breeze is around 14 oz. Can fly it indoors without destroying the house.  And it's great outdoors, except the range is only 80 meters because it uses the cell phone wifi vs the badass antennae on the Typhoon controls.
    whats the range on the typhoon, had one annoying me on the boat a few years ago, close enough that it was way too close to the lines, had to be 3 miles from shore but when it left it looked like it went 6 miles.  i might take drone wars to a different level if it happens again =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    Working inside a door shell is the worse. You need like 3 elbows to accommodate :)
    And long thin fingers to thread the nuts on the back side of the regulator. 
    What $138.38 buys today.

It is done and at least the mechanic labor hours didn't match the part price!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Just got this trimmer and the order 1000 55 grain soft point to load up for the 223
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Zeiger88 said:
    Just got this trimmer and the order 1000 55 grain soft point to load up for the 223
    Guys, please explain the loading process and the tools.
  • Eoin
    Options
    A new battery for the Husky, the old one was finally toast. Toyed with the idea of a Lithium battery to replace the AGM, but nearly 4 x the price was a bit off putting. The local guy who sells Lithium bike batteries was closed, so that sealed the deal in favour of the old tech heavyweight.
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    Options
    Dies for each caliber a press. Which you have 3 options a single stage turret or progressive. A powder scale. Trimmer for rifle brass. Reloading manual. Powder primers and bullets. Basically tumble brass (clean it) resize and deprime brass. Trim if needed. Prime brass. Charge with powder per recipe in manual. Seat a bullet. And crimp. And measure overall length and I also check mine with a case gauge. That it in A nutshell. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Zeiger88 said:
    Dies for each caliber a press. Which you have 3 options a single stage turret or progressive. A powder scale. Trimmer for rifle brass. Reloading manual. Powder primers and bullets. Basically tumble brass (clean it) resize and deprime brass. Trim if needed. Prime brass. Charge with powder per recipe in manual. Seat a bullet. And crimp. And measure overall length and I also check mine with a case gauge. That it in A nutshell. 
    An Alternative response: my next-door neighbor was a reloader, had an accident, and damaged his gut pretty badly; he has to take pills and be careful about what he eats.  For the rest of his life.  
    Other Facts: every July 4th he loads a brass cannon, which he built, about 3' long, into his pickup and he starts the 4th of July 5K Run at 0700 (they call it a "fun run", but I now know better).  Don't know which one he was reloading, and I don't really want to ask him.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

whats the range on the typhoon, had one annoying me on the boat a few years ago, close enough that it was way too close to the lines, had to be 3 miles from shore but when it left it looked like it went 6 miles.  i might take drone wars to a different level if it happens again =)
    About a mile.  70 k/hr max speed, around 43 mph.
    Options
    Got my new drone today.  I was elated.  Then pissed because it didn't work.  Got home from work, cooked dinner, then googled the issue.  Found a reset procedure that fixed all my problems. 

I love it!  It's small, light, capable.  You can post the pics and video from the app that controls it.

I flew one battery worth of flying time, around 11 minutes, in the house.  SWMBO was sleeping, but it isn't nearly as loud as my big drone, which I would never fly in side and noisy enough to wake the dead.

Might make a trip up to New England to buzz @fishlessman
    Options
    Just to set the record straight, these consumer drones that I'm into are basically photography platforms.  They are not nearly as fun to fly as RC planes and helicopters, or cars and boats.  They are not challenging at all to fly, too **** easy.  Where's the fun in that?  It's in the photography.  Which is phenomenal.
    Options
    Just to set the record straight, these consumer drones that I'm into are basically photography platforms.  They are not nearly as fun to fly as RC planes and helicopters, or cars and boats.  They are not challenging at all to fly, too **** easy.  Where's the fun in that?  It's in the photography.  Which is phenomenal.
    i have a feeling the one buzzing me was a spy platform,  while fishing in remote locations ive been spotted by plane, helicopter, sleds, wheelers, madmax on a dirt bike, computerized 8 inch scopes mounted on rubber boats with 1200 plus hp. i wont even try to count the different policing agencies. not sure what the men in green would do if i hit that with a jitterbug and a spiderwire line =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Options
    i have a feeling the one buzzing me was a spy platform,  while fishing in remote locations ive been spotted by plane, helicopter, sleds, wheelers, madmax on a dirt bike, computerized 8 inch scopes mounted on rubber boats with 1200 plus hp. i wont even try to count the different policing agencies. not sure what the men in green would do if i hit that with a jitterbug and a spiderwire line =)
    Why are they spying on you?
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Join the Drone Racing League if you want some challenging drone flying action. Those kids/pilots have pretty phenomenal skills/reactions. I really enjoy catching some of those events on the telly.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk