Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    stonewh said:
    Just upgraded from a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT to this, loving it so far.
    A man with plenty of money👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    stonewh said:
    Nice truck brother. Enjoy👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Sweet 3/4 ton King Ranch.  I have a black one, and love the KR leather seats.  It will spoil you very quickly!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    stonewh said:

Going from a GMC to anything else is a big upgrade  B)

Especially if it's to trade up to a Chevy....

It might be safer to debate lump brands, lol.

Phoenix 
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    SGH said:
    stonewh said:
    Ha, this was the first time I ever felt like I got a good deal on a purchase, plus I got them to come up almost $4k in trade in value, I still don't know how I pulled that off.
    Birmingham, AL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    edited March 2019
    Options
    stonewh said:
    SGH said:
    stonewh said:
    Ha, this was the first time I ever felt like I got a good deal on a purchase, plus I got them to come up almost $4k in trade in value, I still don't know how I pulled that off.
    They still found a way to screw you. They always do. They were just better this time. 

Nice truck though. 
  • SandyHookEgger
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    A toad. Then had to pick up towbar, cables, brake buddy and mud flaps.
    @SandyHookEgger Back in the mid 1970's I was stationed in Italy for a couple of years.  After totalling a nice Alfa Romeo within about 3 months of scheduled departure I bought a Fiat 500 aka Cinquecento.  It was quite a down-turn but definitely fun to drive.  You are several upgrades ahead with your new ride. 
    @lousubcap never thought I would like. Bought it because it is small. Now I love it.
    @Eoin Thanks!
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Why are you buying Italian flour?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Car payment

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Car payment
    Just picked up one of those myself.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Because it makes better pizzas.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Are you making Italian-style pizzas exclusively, or do you see an improvement in other styles too?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    I get nervous when my stock gets below a case.  Time to reorder.

• SonVolt
    Options
    "For Baby, for Pets, for Grandpa, for You"

that's awesome
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Are you making Italian-style pizzas exclusively, or do you see an improvement in other styles too?
    Both. Usually I am making new york style in my oven so I mix the "00" with unbleached regular flour. Usually about 70/30 "00" to unbleached. It makes a great crust. Then when I wanna do a high heat Neapolitan style I can as well with 100%  "00". It's definitely worth the cost.

• fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    "For Baby, for Pets, for Grandpa, for You"

that's awesome
    Try reading the Amazon reviews.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,669
    Options
    Spent $850 on my cat...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Spent $850 on my cat...

Hopefully you are referring to an earth moving device.

Phoenix 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,669
    Options
    I know... where’s the line
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    blasting said:
    Spent $850 on my cat...

Hopefully you are referring to an earth moving device.

That buys a filter on those. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    edited March 2019
    Options

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    The last of the parts needed for my new VMware host box arrived yesterday. Spent time after dinner setting it up.
    Also got two 16GB memory sticks in it to start. Thinking about when I'll order a second box to be able to use HA.
    ESXi installed onto the 32GB SSD without issue and it actually put everything on it, including the log files (it won't if you use something on the USB bus). I also installed a spare 500GB Samsung EVO 850 drive into it. Still has the NVME slot available for additional storage if I want.
    Got it connected to my NAS iSCSI LUNS as well. So I was able to migrate the VMs on my old box right over to the new one without issue. Glad I have the VMUG Advantage membership (gives me vCenter and host licensing for 6 CPUs). Since the box I'm using now is a single socket, that means I could have six of these suckers running at the same time and be in compliance. I actually might get more than one more just because I can. Even more so since the place that I got the 32GB SSD module from sent me two (ordered one). I'll see if they do that again when I order more if I go beyond two hosts.
    I also have a new UPS to replace the one that's over ten years old.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00429N18S/ With the host, 1Gb switch, and NAS all connected to the new UPS, I still have 35-45 minutes of run time. MUCH better than the old host and old UPS (1500VA). I don't think I ever got more than ten minutes off the old setup for UPS run time. At least now, when I lose power, I have plenty of time to get the generator going and not have things shutting down on me.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Sounds like you are “ready for the rapture”.  My last project (before retirement) was to build a “backup dispatch control center”, located in a remote location.  Final cost was $3.1M, which was ridiculous.  It’s basically a “ghost bunker” that may never be used.  What a waste of $$$$.  
  • Meeteeter
    Meeteeter Posts: 32
    Options
    More accessories from CGS, my wife is going to flip out when the credit card bill shows up.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Just bought a bag of Rockwood.  I usually buy B&B at HEB for my normal cooks but wanted to use to cook a couple of pork butts for my friends birthday tomorrow.  Is $24.99 the going rate?
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Just bought a bag of Rockwood.  I usually buy B&B at HEB for my normal cooks but wanted to use to cook a couple of pork butts for my friends birthday tomorrow.  Is $24.99 the going rate?
    That's what it is here at Ace.  But I usually have a $5 off coupon from Ace Rewards program.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Is $24.99 the going rate?
    That's $5 cheaper/bag than I can get it.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Botch said:
    Is $24.99 the going rate?
    That's $5 cheaper/bag than I can get it.  
    The listed sellers for my area actually don't have any. I called those within my travel area and nope, have none. Don't know if they think people don't use it in the winter or some other stupidity.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).