Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,989
    Options
    scored three of these off ebay this morning, getting hard to find these anymore

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,667
    Options
    Apparently I'm gonna have to replace my 10-yr-old Macbook Air eventually.  First, my bank wouldn't accept it, now something as innocuous as Wikipedia won't let me on, my browser isn't secure enough (and I can't update my OS anymore).
    Bother.

Forget "partying" like it's 1999; just let me shop like that again.  

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,433
    Options
    Botch said:
    Apparently I'm gonna have to replace my 10-yr-old Macbook Air eventually.  First, my bank wouldn't accept it, now something as innocuous as Wikipedia won't let me on, my browser isn't secure enough (and I can't update my OS anymore).
    Bother.

Same computaverse? There is a long wait to get into an Apple store right now but you could go to other outlets or even order through the interwebs.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Botch said:
    Bother.

Update your browser or try a different browser. Lot of options.
    I doubt that any bank is rejecting someone just because of the OS that is running.

I have an old MacBook Air also and cannot upgrade to the latest OS so this machine will be stuck on 10.13.x forever (I have no problem connecting to Wikipedia or my bank). Apple will still be providing at least security updates for us for at least a few more years (fingers crossed anyways).

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 599
    Options
    An Apple Watch 6. My old Fitbit has served me well but time to change it up and keep an eye on a few health related things having recently completed 50 laps of the sun. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Botch
    Options
    MJG said:
    An Apple Watch 6. My old Fitbit has served me well but time to change it up and keep an eye on a few health related things having recently completed 50 laps of the sun. 
    Heh, just saw this on farcebook:

• Botch
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I have an old MacBook Air also and cannot upgrade to the latest OS so this machine will be stuck on 10.13.x forever (I have no problem connecting to Wikipedia or my bank). Apple will still be providing at least security updates for us for at least a few more years (fingers crossed anyways).
    I'm stuck on 10.10.5.  I'll try Chrome tomorrow.  

And @Gulfcoastguy, its no rush to replace it, I use my laptop for social media/forums/kittie pr0n only, if I can't look up Graphene Thermal Conductivity on it, it can wait until I'm on my 2018 iMac.   ;)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    I'm stuck on 10.10.5.  I'll try Chrome tomorrow.  

And @Gulfcoastguy, its no rush to replace it, I use my laptop for social media/forums/kittie pr0n only, if I can't look up Graphene Thermal Conductivity on it, it can wait until I'm on my 2018 iMac.   ;)
    Remote desktop to your iMac....
    Options
    It took 2 months to weave through the process in Maryland.  
    That is pathetic. But congratulations on finally getting it. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    @SGH - thanks, bro! 
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018. Suhweet!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,421
    Options
    New appliances. I couldn't convince SWMBO of a Bluestar range, but I think I did successfully win the outdoor patio/kitchen expansion in the spring. I'll take it
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Shopping generators and planned on getting a Honda 2800 or the predator 3500 for our refrigerator, freezer, lights, etc... but I just saw this and for the price I’m really tempted to buy it too. Maybe the wife won’t notice...

LBGE
    AL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,463
    Options
    SGH said:
    2 months!!  I guess I will not complain about the extra 5 min wait for NICS.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    Be thankful you are no longer in IL. 😫
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    SGH said:
    Nearly 2 months of hoop after hoop after hoop, and then an 8-day cooling-off period!!!😂
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @ColtsFan what is the eta on your appliances? We were told 2 months and at the time I was ok with it but now a month or so later I’m asking myself wth I pre paid fully for undelivered appliances. And now that I think about we had the option to put 20% down and pay upon delivery but my previous statement stands.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,421
    Options
    @ColtsFan what is the eta on your appliances? We were told 2 months and at the time I was ok with it but now a month or so later I’m asking myself wth I pre paid fully for undelivered appliances. And now that I think about we had the option to put 20% down and pay upon delivery but my previous statement stands.
    ETA on appliances is the 21st of this month. I can relate to your frustration. We’ve had furniture on order for weeks with an ETA of December/January 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    @ColtsFan thanks for the heads up on that. I didn’t realize furniture was running behind too.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,562
    Options
    15 gallons of non-ethanol for the Generac. Ain’t seen a line crew yet
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Whole boneless rib-eye for $5.99 lb.  I got 11 inch and a half steaks out of this one.  Stocked up on tri-tips while I as at it. 

Jokes on you, there is 33 1/2” steaks there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Whole boneless rib-eye for $5.99 lb.  I got 11 inch and a half steaks out of this one.  Stocked up on tri-tips while I as at it. 

Jokes on you, there is 33 1/2” steaks there.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Botch
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    How hard was it to get gas?  Lines?  

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,562
    Options
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:
    How hard was it to get gas?  Lines?  
    Not at all. 1/7 of the city still without power. We in the 1/7. I feel so privileged. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I posted about this a while back so I thought I would follow up. I am pretty sure 9 out of 10 forum members are aware of Land Rovers penchant for hanging out in the shop. I warned my SIL of this and tried to steer her in a different direction.  
     Short version to follow.
     She bought a almost new Land Rover Discovery, dealer test car or sales car driver something, low miles.
     It made her walk three times, towed back to the shop each time, third time they kept it for 5 months. Land Rover replaced her engine and turbo and by pure luck it was covered under the certified pre owned warranty. During those 5 months they rented her a Nissan Sentra.
      Finally got it back a week ago Friday, yesterday swmbo went over there for a road trip to KY. She loaded all her crap into SIL discovery assuming she wanted to drive, she went inside the house and SIL said the check engine light was back on so we are taking your car.

At some point along the way I got a bit involved and @frazzdaddy was most helpful in stirring the pot at the dealer so thank you to you sir.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    I posted about this a while back so I thought I would follow up. I am pretty sure 9 out of 10 forum members are aware of Land Rovers penchant for hanging out in the shop. I warned my SIL of this and tried to steer her in a different direction.  
     Short version to follow.
     She bought a almost new Land Rover Discovery, dealer test car or sales car driver something, low miles.
     It made her walk three times, towed back to the shop each time, third time they kept it for 5 months. Land Rover replaced her engine and turbo and by pure luck it was covered under the certified pre owned warranty. During those 5 months they rented her a Nissan Sentra.
      Finally got it back a week ago Friday, yesterday swmbo went over there for a road trip to KY. She loaded all her crap into SIL discovery assuming she wanted to drive, she went inside the house and SIL said the check engine light was back on so we are taking your car.

At some point along the way I got a bit involved and @frazzdaddy was most helpful in stirring the pot at the dealer so thank you to you sir.

Glad to help sir. Happy for the outcome so far. She might want to roll outta that one though.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.