Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,562
    Options
    Oakley warranty just as terrible. All owned by Luxottica. I went back to wearing Spy. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,804
    Options
    I got my eyes on a Accuracy International AX50. If I can get them down to an even 10 grand I will be the proud new owner of it 🤞

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    I will check out Maui Jim glasses @fishlessman thanks 
    Maui Kim customer service is amazing. Quick turn around on repairs.  Will never have another brand. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,463
    edited October 2020
    Options
    SGH said:
    I got my eyes on a Accuracy International AX50. If I can get them down to an even 10 grand I will be the proud new owner of it 🤞
    British metal?  10k is reasonable, only issue might be scarcity right now.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    Ordered a 200A Everlast MIG welder, spool gun, cart with drawers, aluminum and steel wire.  Have 3 old welders and a plasma cutter on craigslist right now, the new stuff makes the old obsolete.  Should be coming in later this week.

@nola what are you replacing your plasma cutter with? 
    I bought a new plasma cutter about 5 years ago.  The old one is an L-Tec.  Don't remember the new one, but a 50 amp vs 40.
    I’ve got the same pair of nemesis shaded safety glasses I’ve had for 2 years that I wear for my sunglasses.  Last nice pair I had got ran over by a combine.  Due to the simplicity, they seem doomed to never be lost and have overall stayed scratch free for safety glasses.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    SGH said:
    I own an Accuracy International. Couldn’t be happier with it. Mine ain’t the AX50 tho; just a lowly AE Mk3 in .308. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,804
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    SGH said:
    I own an Accuracy International. Couldn’t be happier with it. Mine ain’t the AX50 tho; just a lowly AE Mk3 in .308. 
    That is not a “lowly” gun. That is a top tier rifle you have. And for the record, I have more 308’s/7.62x51’s than I do any other caliber. 
    When you figure in price, bulk ammo, type of rounds, accuracy and performance, it’s hard to go wrong with the “lowly” 308. It’s actually my favorite “all around” round. I’m buying the Big 50 just on general principles. Not to use. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColbyLang
    Options
    SGH said:
    ColbyLang said:
    SGH said:
    That is not a “lowly” gun. That is a top tier rifle you have. And for the record, I have more 308’s/7.62x51’s than I do any other caliber. 
    When you figure in price, bulk ammo, type of rounds, accuracy and performance, it’s hard to go wrong with the “lowly” 308. It’s actually my favorite “all around” round. I’m buying the Big 50 just on general principles. Not to use. 
    It’s amazing how much more attention to detail is paid on these precision weapons. The craftsmanship is unmatched by any production rifle on this side of the ocean
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    jones2289 said:
    The stars aligned today, and I had a couple afternoon meetings cancelled that freed me up to run to an estate sale I'd made an appointment to view.  I was interested in 1 item in the house, was the first one in the door, and got it:

A Marantz 2270 with original manual.  It has a couple lamps burned out, and a slightly scratchy volume potentiometer, but looks pretty close to mint from a cosmetic standpoint.  Some grease and grime on the volume knob...but that's about it.  

Couldn't believe it when I grabbed it to unhook the cables from the back; it still had the factory-cut cellophane on the front. 

This is my first Marantz receiver.  Planning to replace the burned out lamps with the standard white, rather than the cool blue.  Definitely prefer the more "aqua" look of the original lights.

My dad had that same reciever.  Bought at the PX in Heidelberg.   My brother ended up with it.  ****.   ;)
    Options
    Bunnahabhain 12, WT long branch, bow and branch, Blantons And Kentucky Owl 10 rye. 

It’s a good day. 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Bunnahabhain 12, WT long branch, bow and branch, Blantons And Kentucky Owl 10 rye. 

It’s a good day. 
    Score
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

It’s a good day. 
    Score
    I can usually get Blantons fairly regularly, but the price has jumped up quite a bit. The Kentucky owl was rare for my area and the Bunnahbhain is also scarce around here. Score for sure though. 
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    SGH said:

Awesome, Scottie!
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am off to buy gasoline for the generator.  The power outage that started at 3:30 PM (1st restoration estimate 7 PM; 2nd 3 AM and now 7 AM) is just one of those 3rd world events around here of late.  
    You better take that gen with you. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Got my MIG welder and a spool gun today.  Also some aluminum and steel wire.

Options
    kl8ton said:
    Bought a Medium tonight.   Dealer is not going to carry BGE anymore. couldn't pass it up.  
    Better register it directly with BGE in case of crackage.
  • jones2289
    Options
    My dad had that same reciever.  Bought at the PX in Heidelberg.   My brother ended up with it.  ****.   ;)

Any chance your brother held onto it and will get sick of it one day (to pass on to you - I promise I'm not trolling for family electronics caches ;) )?

From what I've read, it sounds like those PXs sold a ton of audio gear back in the 60s/70s.  I met a guy a couple years ago who was planning a move to Florida, and downsizing significantly.  He'd advertised some Bose 901s (series 1), a decent Sony tuner and solid state amp, and a Crown pre-amp that was nothing special.  

Turns out, he'd ordered it all by mail when he was stationed overseas in the early 70s.  He still had the original invoices, and everything was immaculate, cosmetically.  Ended up standing in his garage, admiring his woodshop, and shooting the $hit for over an hour.  He was much more well-versed in electronics troubleshooting than I am.  Everything worked well; he just needed it gone prior to the move.

I went in figuring I'd keep the speakers if I loved them (I don't), and would sell the rest.  Since the series 1s had cloth surrounds, I figured it'd be a  pretty easy way to see what they were about, without starting a reform project for a **** ton of drivers.

Two years later, speakers and components are still sitting in the closet in my office.  Tracked down some "tulip" stands for the speakers, and they'll likely go in the basement or living room at some point.  

Speaking of...now that I've got something with a little more juice to power them... :i_dunno: 

BTW - what have you got planned for that new MIG rig?  Anything special, or just upgrading for your shop? 

Indianapolis, IN
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,420
    Options
    @Mickey congrats!
    Jacksonville FL
  • EzraBrooks
    Options
    Can't find lump in my area at any store so ordered Rockwood from Amazon.  Where has all the lump gone?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,667
    Options
    Where has all the lump gone?
    "Long time passing...."  

Forget "partying" like it's 1999; just let me shop like that again.  

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Expensive ammo for primitive weapon season. $2.75 a shot! 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Sony camera..underwater housing is on the list for Santa Claus though

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,433
    Options
    Screws and two by fourscore hurricane armor.