Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    Options
    For my 560sl

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,662
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Wolfpack said:
    Arrived Thursday and the weather has warmed back up- high of 73 today. 🤔

Is that the yukon?
    Okay, I can't google "yukon" to find out, so I gotta ask a Dumb Question:  WTF IS that thing?  Some sort of grill?  Ash sifter?  A clothes dryer drum?  A pasta colander? A carburetor part?  
    Slow Minds Want To Know.   :|

When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,887
    Options
    For my 560sl

@frazzdaddy - you have new friend.  You friggin high-rollers.  Tough to beat German steel.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,446
    Options
    Botch said:
    kl8ton said:
    Wolfpack said:

Is that the yukon?
    Okay, I can't google "yukon" to find out, so I gotta ask a Dumb Question:  WTF IS that thing?  Some sort of grill?  Ash sifter?  A clothes dryer drum?  A pasta colander? A carburetor part?  
    It is a Solo Stove.  Basically a smokeless fire pit.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Wife bought one of these Pampered Chef heated blender things.  She was helping support a friends PC party.  Curious to to see how well it works.

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Wife bought one of these Pampered Chef heated blender things.  She was helping support a friends PC party.  Curious to to see how well it works.

Heated??

I know my Blendtec (as will Vitamixes) will make a steaming hot soup in just a few minutes just by beating the bajeeezus out of the molecules - don't need a heating element.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Ordering a new iMac. Probably the last version with "Intel Inside" since Apple is soon migrating the Mac lineup to their own chips and kicking Intel to the curb.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2020
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Heated??

I know my Blendtec (as will Vitamixes) will make a steaming hot soup in just a few minutes just by beating the bajeeezus out of the molecules - don't need a heating element.
    I have read about Vitamix hot soup, and it sounds pretty cool (pun not intended).

Yes, this has a heating element in it, good to 220 deg F.  I do not really know much about it.  It was not even on my radar (a Vitamix was).  I looked through the PC catalog and it was the only thing of interest.  Do not get me started on home sales/multi-level marketing hooey.

I am interested to try it out.  Especially the grind option for making peanut butter.  I plan to research it some more and see what other things it can be used for.  Over the years we have bought a few PC items and they have been decent.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Upgrading tools...I have kind of a mixed collection...nothing is organized..and drives me crazy looking for crap..

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited September 2020
    Options
    For my 560sl

Great story glad it had a happy ending. My dad used to call his "my feel good car". Those parts are getting harder to find. Let me know if you need anything else for it, I have some pretty good sources.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,887
    Options
    @mEGG_My_Day - What an experience right there.  Glad it turned out well.  That MB is definitely justified.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,123
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    For my 560sl

@frazzdaddy - you have new friend.  You friggin high-rollers.  Tough to beat German steel.  

I'm glad everything worked out for the better in the end. I really like the car as well. My parents neighbor is a Mercedes guy. He had a new one every 3-4 years growing up. Everything from S600 sedans to their V12 coupes. The only Mercedes that never was was traded in or sold was their 560sl. His is a little darker blue. He has to be in his mid 80's now and he still drives it around town on nice days. I even had a toy model of it as a kid. I still like the simple lines of it. Neat cars.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    If you are a user of Rotella engine oil they have a rebate right now. $20 cash back per 5 gallon bucket. I filled out the form online and had a check for $60 in a week. I think the limit is four 5 gallon buckets.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    If you are a user of Rotella engine oil they have a rebate right now. $20 cash back per 5 gallon bucket. I filled out the form online and had a check for $60 in a week. I think the limit is four 5 gallon buckets.
     Rotella was factory fill and all we used till Mobil 1 got in the F1 market.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I've migrated to buying one specific oil and use it in everything (except where I have a wet clutch or V-twin bike engine:

Mobil 1 European Car Formula Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-40 5 Quart -  Walmartcom - Walmartcom

Options
    Always shop Walmart for oil, no one can beat their prices.  5 qts for $22  Costs 10-12 more at most auto parts stores.
    Options
    I don't care if you live in the Saharan desert, 0W-X is fine. 
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Goodwill scores...

That is f’ing awesome!!!!!!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,804
    Options
    Got it for carbs and other car parts....just testing it out
    You can make money cleaning jewelry with that bad boy.
    You can make even more money if you don’t return the jewelry  ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Botch said:
    kl8ton said:
    Wolfpack said:

Is that the yukon?
    It is a Solo Stove.  Basically a smokeless fire pit.
    I honestly thought it was a bowel washing bucket. Looks like one my grandfather had.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @dbCooper
    Not trying to get in your business, but I have got to ask, how much did you get them for?

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,123
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I switched over to Walmarts SuperTech (Pennzoil) synthetic oil a year or so ago for most things. I've read/watched tests that put it with other premium oils that are 2x the price. Pair it with a SuperTech oil filters (Wix) and you can do a vehicle for around $16. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Rotella T4 in all my diesel engines. Mobil synthetic in the gassers
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    edited September 2020
    Options
    All that matters is the certifications of the oil.  A bunch of companies manufacture the oil, but there are very few that make the additives.  It's very expensive to certify additives.  Involves running the oil in engines under time/load and breaking them down and passing very strict wear and chemical analyses.
    Options
    truckload of #7 granite for flower beds, lean to, and a firepit with a swing...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    All that matters is the certifications of the oil.  A bunch of companies manufacture the oil, but there are very few that make the additives.  It's very expensive to certify additives.  Involves running the oil in engines under time/load and breaking them down and passing very strict wear and chemical analyses.
    You are right. Back when I had my VW diesel, the only place that I could buy oil with the correct certification code on it was at the VW dealer or by mail order through Amazon.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Ordered a 200A Everlast MIG welder, spool gun, cart with drawers, aluminum and steel wire.  Have 3 old welders and a plasma cutter on craigslist right now, the new stuff makes the old obsolete.  Should be coming in later this week.

Options
    You are right. Back when I had my VW diesel, the only place that I could buy oil with the correct certification code on it was at the VW dealer or by mail order through Amazon.

same with the range rover, they worked out their own oil with castrol
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it