Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    This flagbot is getting out of hand. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    Options
    Ordered water pump rebuild kit and air filter for the Honda, 5 pounds of copper sulfate, some Modern Masters reactive paint and a 10L digital ultrasonic bath.  Plus some other stuff I forgot.
    What does the paint "react" to?  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Yes, it looks like a small field. This is designated industrial, even if it's a field. Yellow posts on the right side, some yellow posts hiding behind the fence to the left, from the road where I'm stood to the tree line at the rear. 0.58 acres. Going to build my World HQ here, aiming for a Trump Tower vibe.

I am amazed at all the unimproved land available in our colonizers homeland.  With a nation this old, it just seems like land would be hard to come by.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited September 2020
    Options
    This is on the edge of town. It was allotments at one point (small plots for people in town to grow veg), then just waste ground waiting for development.

Edit: This is a big county with the lowest population density in England, mostly agricultural. The county is selling the land for industrial use because they want development in the town.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,871
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Someone's having a sense of humour failure today.
    You could have listened to me about what to call the site and not got that flag (maybe).  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Eoin said:
    Someone's having a sense of humour failure today.
    You could have listened to me about what to call the site and not got that flag (maybe).  
    Ed's suggestion is to put up a big sign saying 'Refugee Reception Centre'. Just to let you know the quality of his advice.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,633
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    6 spools of romex wiring ..smoke and carbon monoxide detectors..
    We had an "issue" which involved the fire department last year at my duck camp.. :s
    Will be spending a work day replacing all existing wiring 

Lucky for us, one guy's dad is an electrician 
    My uncle taught at MIT
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Black wire to gold, white wire to silver,  green to green.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Legume said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    6 spools of romex wiring ..smoke and carbon monoxide detectors..
    We had an "issue" which involved the fire department last year at my duck camp.. :s
    Will be spending a work day replacing all existing wiring 

Lucky for us, one guy's dad is an electrician 
    My uncle taught at MIT
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Stocking up on what looks to be a slammin brew

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,270
    Options
    New knife, new multitool.

Mountain View, CA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    dmourati said:

Nice.  I have a Spyderco just like that silhouette. 
    Options
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2, in Black/Black. I had one just like it, lost it, and now replaced it.
    Mountain View, CA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Carried my fav today...
    Options
    Love this knife.  Light AF
    A deposit on a VW Id4 First Edition put down last night. You can find videos on ewe tube about the specs. Delivery first quarter of 2021.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    Got it for carbs and other car parts....just testing it out
    Options
    You can make money cleaning jewelry with that bad boy.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    dmourati said:

I have a leatherman charge that I’ve carried for 10 years.  Jaws have been replaced twice. Think it was the first version they put the blades on the outside so you didn’t have to unfold the tool to open a blade.  It has a hook blade, pro tip: hook blades are fantastic for zip tie removal.  Just hook the zip tie and pull, limits potential damage to what you are freeing and you reduce the risk of cutting yourself.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    You can make money cleaning jewelry with that bad boy.
    Hmmmm....good idea.  I wonder how Chem-dip works on gold and diamonds....
    Options
    @nolaegghead get a bench grinder with a polishing mop and some fine grade polish if you start with jewelry, it only takes a few seconds to buff up gold and make it really shiny.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Arrived Thursday and the weather has warmed back up- high of 73 today. 🤔

Greensboro, NC
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,270
    Options
    dmourati said:

I have a leatherman charge that I’ve carried for 10 years.  Jaws have been replaced twice. Think it was the first version they put the blades on the outside so you didn’t have to unfold the tool to open a blade.  It has a hook blade, pro tip: hook blades are fantastic for zip tie removal.  Just hook the zip tie and pull, limits potential damage to what you are freeing and you reduce the risk of cutting yourself.
    I looked at the whole Leatherman lineup before making my pick of the Rebar. It's funny, the Rebar is the current multitool that's most like the original PST. I eschewed all the innovation over the past 25 years+. Different strokes I guess. Well, I got some innovation: Black Oxide vs straight stainless.
    Mountain View, CA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

Mine should be arriving Tuesday or Wednesday.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

Is that the yukon?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Yes on Yukon- probably a little bigger than I need most of the time.  Tim Allen was in my ear “more power” and here it is. 

Greensboro, NC
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    dmourati said:
    dmourati said:

I looked at the whole Leatherman lineup before making my pick of the Rebar. It's funny, the Rebar is the current multitool that's most like the original PST. I eschewed all the innovation over the past 25 years+. Different strokes I guess. Well, I got some innovation: Black Oxide vs straight stainless.
    Many of the models have features I don’t think I would use and just add weight or gadgets you have to work through to get to the tool you need.  I use a knife often and the blades being on the outside was appealing about the charge and so far has been great.  Regardless, their tools are generally good, and they back up their warranty.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,182
    Options
    @WeberWho for $20, no backyard cook worth their salt would have passed that up!  I still have my WSM.  Might just fire it up.