Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    SGH said:
    @dbCooper
    Not trying to get in your business, but I have got to ask, how much did you get them for?

@SGH No worries about asking.  The cooler was 50% off, got it for $10.  The 413G stove was $15.  Both are very serviceable as-is, some clean up work is needed.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    All that matters is the certifications of the oil.  A bunch of companies manufacture the oil, but there are very few that make the additives.  It's very expensive to certify additives.  Involves running the oil in engines under time/load and breaking them down and passing very strict wear and chemical analyses.
    +1. Project Farms YouTube channel does a great job showing all the different oils, tests, and comparisons. His YouTube channel is a rabbit hole....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,172
    Options

Was able to pre-order one of these
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    SGH said:
    @dbCooper
    Not trying to get in your business, but I have got to ask, how much did you get them for?

@SGH No worries about asking.  The cooler was 50% off, got it for $10.  The 413G stove was $15.  Both are very serviceable as-is, some clean up work is needed.
    For sure....get them Covids off. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    SGH said:
    @dbCooper

That is a steal my friend 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    $80 for sedation because my sick cat is a b!tch.
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

4 of mine will whine all day but they're harmless, but the biggest one is a freak and will literally try to eviscerate me.  I have scars to prove it.
    Options

4 of mine will whine all day but they're harmless, but the biggest one is a freak and will literally try to eviscerate me.  I have scars to prove it.
    One of ours crawled up into an old ottomon and became tangled in the springs. That was an exciting extract I wasn't sure I would live through. Kinda like removing wire from a lawn mower blade with it running.

Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options

We got ours taken to the vet this morning. Woke and found a bunch of vomit all over the place and she was super lethargic. $780 later, she has a pretty bad infection. Hopefully, the antibiotics will knock it out.
    Las Vegas, NV

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    eviscerate 
    That’s a mighty long word there my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    billt01 said:
    ...and a firepit with a swing...
    Pics, please; that could be fun!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    Not a thing as I figure to get hammered by the OBR fundraiser throw-down.  Go forth and do great things.  See the below for your opportunity to help out.  
    High Time for another Forum Throwdown (in Support of a Good Cause)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I bought some floor mats for my truck, feel kind of silly after @mEGG_My_Day great story.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options
    For my 560sl

Great story glad it had a happy ending. My dad used to call his "my feel good car". Those parts are getting harder to find. Let me know if you need anything else for it, I have some pretty good sources.
    Thanks @frazzdaddy - I never thought parts would be so scarce.  I’ll be in touch. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    A microscope and some hanging file folder tab things.....
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
     My recent interaction with Costa Del Mar sucked... apparently they were bought by Luxottica.  It is getting harder and harder to find unique brands that aren't owned by the same three companies.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
     My recent interaction with Costa Del Mar sucked... apparently they were bought by Luxottica.  It is getting harder and harder to find unique brands that aren't owned by the same three companies.
    Crap , I bought a new pair a month ago.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    good luck getting lenses or repairs or someone to answer the phone
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I literally quit rayban because they did not sell or have any way to repair a $200 pair of glasses that were 6 months old.  Now they bought my favorite brand! Carry on
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    I loved that sunglasses booth at the South Hills mall @frazzdaddy mom and pop shop always treated me well
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    best glasses ive ever had are a light green lense maui jim.  i dont go on the boat without them. my eyes burn really fast without descent sunglasses

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    I miss the days when I had Oakley as a sponsor. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    My current ones are Nike with prescription polarized gray lenses. A few years ago I could no longer wear contacts and you don’t want me driving blind.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    I used to lose or break my sunglasses every five years or so but I've had the same pair of Serengeti Drivers for more than 25 years. Kinda wishing they'd break just so I could buy a new pair. I mean the latest 21st century technology has to be pretty cool yes? 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I used to lose or break my sunglasses every five years or so but I've had the same pair of Serengeti Drivers for more than 25 years. Kinda wishing they'd break just so I could buy a new pair. I mean the latest 21st century technology has to be pretty cool yes? 
    Vintage is in.  You have become cool again.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I will check out Maui Jim glasses @fishlessman thanks 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    I am off to buy gasoline for the generator.  The power outage that started at 3:30 PM (1st restoration estimate 7 PM; 2nd 3 AM and now 7 AM) is just one of those 3rd world events around here of late.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    Ordered a 200A Everlast MIG welder, spool gun, cart with drawers, aluminum and steel wire.  Have 3 old welders and a plasma cutter on craigslist right now, the new stuff makes the old obsolete.  Should be coming in later this week.

@nola what are you replacing your plasma cutter with? 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I never bother with my plasma. Torches all the way.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.