Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Paying my yearly insurance premium.  Between multiple vehicles, trailers, etc.  I could buy a Komodo Kamado 32.  Not sure what will happen when my 16 yearold gets his license. 😭
    He gets a job?
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Get ready- our insurance more than doubled. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,421
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Get ready- our insurance more than doubled. 
    If my insurance goes to $10k, I will be very unhappy.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Paying my yearly insurance premium.  Between multiple vehicles, trailers, etc.  I could buy a Komodo Kamado 32.  Not sure what will happen when my 16 yearold gets his license. 😭
    He gets a job?
    He wants one.  However, I want his focus on school.  Plus, most jobs available to him are fast food.  I am not real interested in that vocation, plus around here the majority of them are high, so not a group I want him around.

I may try for a ranch job for him though 🤔

My wife already bought him a truck, something I disagreed with, but not worth getting in a fight over.  At least she bought a manual.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,867
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - for sure you do know.  Time for a line of credit and then wait for the guaranteed first speeding tix and first wreck.  Time for the Vaseline.  I know based on two sons and my own history as we all checked those boxes.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac - for sure you do know.  Time for a line of credit and then wait for the guaranteed first speeding tix and first wreck.  Time for the Vaseline.  I know based on two sons and my own history as we all checked those boxes.  B)
    Yup, been there done that at his age.  I just hope there is some sort of new law saying they cannot discriminate on age. 🤣
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Had enough of the power outages in my neighbourhood .  Contracted for a whole house generator. Excited that they start tomorrow 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    I can save you the suspense. You will pay even more 💵 
    But the upshot is you have it my friend 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    If my insurance goes to $10k, I will be very unhappy.
    Ours wasn’t that much to start- but went from $2k to $4.5
    Greensboro, NC
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,120
    Options
    He gets a job?
    My wife already bought him a truck, something I disagreed with, but not worth getting in a fight over.  At least she bought a manual.
    A single cab in manual kept my truck from getting into a bunch of trouble with friends when younger. Especially with others not knowing how to drive manual. It also kept miles off it for any long trips with friends as you can't rotate drivers if others can't drive a stick. They'll always take someone else's vehicle.

Kids will be kids in the end. Even with a manual transmission. Just know that it will most likely be someone else's vehicle.  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Something to be said for the newest  safety tech in cars.  Like they are made for teen drivers.  As well as (fill in the blank)s.
    Options
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Something to be said for the newest  safety tech in cars.  Like they are made for teen drivers.  As well as (fill in the blank)s.
    This was the exact reason his mom bought him a new Tacoma.  Auto braking, lane departure warnings, blind spot detectors, parking lot "sonar", backup sensors a million airbags, yada yada yada.  Pretty cool actually, although the lane departure warning irritates me.  I never realized how little I signal.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited September 2020
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    He gets a job?
    A single cab in manual kept my truck from getting into a bunch of trouble with friends when younger. Especially with others not knowing how to drive manual. It also kept miles off it for any long trips with friends as you can't rotate drivers if others can't drive a stick. They'll always take someone else's vehicle.

Kids will be kids in the end. Even with a manual transmission. Just know that it will most likely be someone else's vehicle.  ;)
    I too had a manual single cab.  I loved it, and I only had to haul gear, never people, and nobody ever asked to borrow it.

Also stick shifts and bench seats are a highschool boys dream when he has a girlfriend.
    Agree, 4wd 3/4 ton chevy 4 speed stick with a bench seat. Old CP&L line truck I reconditioned.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,823
    edited September 2020
    Options
    86’ f250 bench seat and 4 speed but first gear was grandma only used for hill climbing. Had it painted dark blue with perlite, put on headers, dual exhaust with glass packs, chrome grill. It did not matter which way a girl was walking she would stick her thumb out.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Man if I had a time machine I would go back and buy it from me!
    I remember my grandpa had a truck similar to that.  Don't remember what year it was but it was a "3 on the tree".
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,980
    Options
    Man if I had a time machine I would go back and buy it from me!

really miss the old rain gutters and vent windows. my 85 was a complete lemon though, tranny, alternator, water pump, starters, front end work, distributor, clutch, even the three on the tree fell off. lost the spare on the highway, probably got 50 feet out of the first bounce. sold at 35k miles
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Thanks to @dmchicago 's Monday tri-tip thread I went in search of.  This is the smallest they had.  It's just shy of 3 1/2 lbs.     The dollar was all I had leftover after the butcher. 

That’ll eat as they say. 

That brings up a good question. I trimmed all the fat off the bottom of my tri trip before I did my reverse sear. Is that what you do?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Actually this is the first I've bought that had that much fat.    I'm usually in the fat = flavor camp so I'm not sure what I'll do.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Actually this is the first I've bought that had that much fat.    I'm usually in the fat = flavor camp so I'm not sure what I'll do.
    Agreed but with so little time on the reverse sear part then a high temp sear, I worried about scorching it. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Condo rental and lift passes in Park City for my 6th annual ski trip with my college roommate (and still best friend)
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Clamps came in the mail....can never have too many....
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Clamps came in the mail....can never have too many....
    I Agree

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,730
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    bucky925 said:
    Agreed but with so little time on the reverse sear part then a high temp sear, I worried about scorching it. 
    Trim the fat cap on a tri tip.
    Not a felon
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    bucky925 said:
    Thanks to @dmchicago 's Monday tri-tip thread I went in search of.  This is the smallest they had.  It's just shy of 3 1/2 lbs.     The dollar was all I had leftover after the butcher. 

That’ll eat as they say. 

That brings up a good question. I trimmed all the fat off the bottom of my tri trip before I did my reverse sear. Is that what you do?
    I have cooked them both ways and no difference. Just a little fat to cut around while eating.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,554
    Options
    Lit said:
    Got some Ikea cabinets to move the old video games in from the garage. About to play RC pro am on the NES.
    That’s AWESOME. I wish we had hung on to our consoles from back in the day