Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,771
    Options

Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven Air, Brushed Stainless Steel

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,902
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    Just got home with this.

I hope that's just a quick pit-stop at home before you bring that around to my house?   I checked Google and it's well under 4,000 miles - albeit most of that is quite damp,  so wrapping the bags properly would be helpful.  @Stormbringer is on the way to mine,  perhaps he'd like a bag? Unfortunately  @Eoin is about 140 miles further and we wouldn't want to put you out. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    bucky925 said:
    Just got home with this.

I hope that's just a quick pit-stop at home before you bring that around to my house?   I checked Google and it's well under 4,000 miles - albeit most of that is quite damp,  so wrapping the bags properly would be helpful.  @Stormbringer is on the way to mine,  perhaps he'd like a bag? Unfortunately  @Eoin is about 140 miles further and we wouldn't want to put you out. 
    Leave me hanging, why don't you?
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Not seen this one before.

Thought the same thing a few months back and picked one up for a friend’s birthday. Couldn’t attend the party, but the friend is now coming over today, at which time he will receive his bottle!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Not seen this one before.

Thought the same thing a few months back and picked one up for a friend’s birthday. Couldn’t attend the party, but the friend is now coming over today, at which time he will receive his bottle!
    He'll enjoy it, it's good.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,467
    Options
    old one died
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    G17 Gen5
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    New knives of course, carbon steel this time with sheaths and a sharpener. It will take some time to arrive 12 to 20 days since they are coming from Europe.

https://coolinastore.com/collections/knives/products/3-in-1-promaja-altomino-fixed-blade-pro-sharpener
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,429
    Options
    So I guess technically I bought it Friday, but it came today, so I think that counts.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,116
    Options
    With winter around corner I'm wanting to be outside as much as possible. I finally broke down and purchased a used tv for the garage. I was able to snag it 3 minutes after it was posted. It should be good for a few months yet outside and a couple ball games. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,857
    Options
    @WeberWho- great score.  "Better to be lucky than good" is front and center right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    My wife carries that model. It's a great gun, easy to carry and conceal.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    New knives of course, carbon steel this time with sheaths and a sharpener. It will take some time to arrive 12 to 20 days since they are coming from Europe.

https://coolinastore.com/collections/knives/products/3-in-1-promaja-altomino-fixed-blade-pro-sharpener
    They'd save time if they just shipped them straight from China.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Found these used on craigslist for the kids. Need new batteries and one has a bent front wheel but would have been $1500 new and I’m in at $100 plus probably $200 for batteries and a new wheel.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options

Those are cool looking knives.  Have you used them before?  If so, you obviously like them if you are buying more.  Any thoughts? 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

Those are cool looking knives.  Have you used them before?  If so, you obviously like them if you are buying more.  Any thoughts? 
    Just a shot in the dark, first time buying them . I wanted something that I could sharpen. Originally wanted paring knife but as usual my search expanded.
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    Acn said:
    So I guess technically I bought it Friday, but it came today, so I think that counts.

Looking at picking one of those up for our duck boat this season!
    LBGE
    AL
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options

Just a shot in the dark, first time buying them . I wanted something that I could sharpen. Originally wanted paring knife but as usual my search expanded.
    If you remember, please post a review after you have a chance to use them.  Just curious.  Thanks 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options

Just a shot in the dark, first time buying them . I wanted something that I could sharpen. Originally wanted paring knife but as usual my search expanded.aid 
    If you remember, please post a review after you have a chance to use them.  Just curious.  Thanks 
    Okay but it said 12 to 20 days for delivery. That jibes with the last time I ordered anything directly from China. As usual that wasn’t made clear on the website.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,909
    Options

Attached to 1/2 inch SS threaded rod I had from the previous shade sail installation.
    Got tired of taking off the lawnmower deck to sharpen blades. I put the rod thru this tubing to protect the SS rod threads tho' probably didn't need to.

I can remove the three blades with my impact driver, sharpen, and put back on pretty quick with this rig.
    Just need to remember to put the shorter blade in the middle section and the longer blades on the outside left and right or there will be issues.  I use the choker setup for a vertical lift capacity 0f 1900 pounds.Probably over engineered this as the mower only weighs 498 pounds. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options

Nice welder!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Options
    Wife is out of town. I have purchased quite a few recorded Reel to Reel tapes lately. I may have a problem. Looking for a support group. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Support to help justify the spending or helping it stop? Because this group is really good at one of those and pretty lacking on the other. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Support to help justify the spending or helping it stop? Because this group is really good at one of those and pretty lacking on the other. 
    All of the above as well as new housing options.  ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,399
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    No truer words have ever been spoken.  I have hired an architect to help me figure out a new kitchen layout so I can have a Blue Star and a hood.   I was happy with my kitchen before.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,169
    edited September 2020
    Options

Getting close to dropping below my charcoal stock comfort zone, so decided to grab a few bags of RW while out picking up grass seed.
    The Ace Hardware supply chain issue has finally showed up in my area.  Hope that Wicked is as good as I remember it.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,399
    Options
    Paying my yearly insurance premium.  Between multiple vehicles, trailers, etc.  I could buy a Komodo Kamado 32.  Not sure what will happen when my 16 yearold gets his license. 😭