Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Glock also makes single stack 9 mms. It might be that the grip size is the problem. See if you can rent both for her to try.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,771
    Options

Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven Air, Brushed Stainless Steel

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    New back up lights ..bought the cheaper amazon variety a year ago...but now they all shorted out and burned out...

Replaced with some high end rigid lights

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    loco_engr said:

Breville BOV900BSS Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven Air, Brushed Stainless Steel

Have you read this thread and checked out the new Anova?

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1225318/ot-anova-precision-oven-ot#latest

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,655
    Options
    loco_engr said:

I think you will enjoy this.  We have the non- air fry model and use it constantly- cooked this chicken in it tonight .. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Wow - not even 1pound!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    May be best to find a range that rents handguns, so the lady can choose for herself which type and caliber suits her.  Don't choose for her, remember all those gifts you have received that didn't fit, weren't the right color or design?
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,551
    Options
    rifrench said:
    May be best to find a range that rents handguns, so the lady can choose for herself which type and caliber suits her.  Don't choose for her, remember all those gifts you have received that didn't fit, weren't the right color or design?
    Had the same issue with my wife. I wanted her to get single stack Glock. Ended up leaving with a Kahr T9. Stainless with rosewood grips. A sweet little single stack 9mm. She shoots it very well
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Wow - not even 1pound!
    And you can run +p's through it. Twice the pressure of 9mm
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • rifrench
    Options
    SAAMI max chamber pressure for 9mm= 35,000 PSI, 9mm+P 38,500 PSI. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited August 2020
    Options
    rifrench said:
    SAAMI max chamber pressure for 9mm= 35,000 PSI, 9mm+P 38,500 PSI. 
    My mistake I had that backwards.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Wow - not even 1pound!
    And you can run +p's through it. Twice the pressure of 9mm
    It's double action only, but not having an exposed hammer let's you fire it in your jacket pocket or a purse (European man-purse, of course)...
    Options
    Also, there's a custom fit grip with the crimson trace laser built in.  That doesn't work in a purse or pocket.
    Options
    Also, there's a custom fit grip with the crimson trace laser built in.  That doesn't work in a purse or pocket.
    I ended up with a Glock 21 with that feature in a trade. Glad it was a free. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 384
    Options
    Shopping for a new remote freezer alarm after three false alarms (all between the hours of 1 and 3am of course) over the last month.  It woke me up last night at 3 saying the freezer was 63 degrees.  Run out to the garage and everything is frozen solid.  Ideally it would have two sensors, 1 for in the house and 2nd for garage freezer.  Any recommendations?
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,115
    Options
    You can actually buy 38 shorts for the revolver. Locals use them for training the ladies until they get used to trigger pull and recoil and noise.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Shopping for a new remote freezer alarm after three false alarms (all between the hours of 1 and 3am of course) over the last month.  It woke me up last night at 3 saying the freezer was 63 degrees.  Run out to the garage and everything is frozen solid.  Ideally it would have two sensors, 1 for in the house and 2nd for garage freezer.  Any recommendations?
    Is your freezer an auto defrost by chance?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 384
    Options
    Is your freezer an auto defrost by chance?
    Yes, which is why I have it set to alarm at 32 degrees.  The thermometer has been showing between 62-64 degrees for the last 12 hours.  It's messed up.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Had one too many people ring my bell last year shooting over my head..almost all my friends are 6' + and I'm 5'8..one of those guys is going with us on our annual teal hunting excursion this year....

So ordered these digital ear plugs..auto shutoff above 90 decibles..

• rifrench
    Options
    Kinda look like candy corn!   Have you tried them out yet?  I need something like that for shooting. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,551
    Options
    rifrench said:
    Kinda look like candy corn!   Have you tried them out yet?  I need something like that for shooting. 
    I use the same thing; but in earmuff form at the range. They work well. Price varies from about $50 all the way to $300. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Haven't gotten to try them out yet. Been raining today and supposed to tomorrow as well...
    Maybe next week..did test the fit though 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,467
    Options

Whatchadoin?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Solo stove. 

It better be as advertised and hyped. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Whatchadoin?
    Downspout pop ups, replacing fence posts that got snapped by the derecho, and prep for landscape rock.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,648
    Options
    This is discontinued, so I'm not buying it.  Which is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEvJn65LJv8

The on-board camera footage really blew me away; that hobby has come so far since my 1975 Heathkit....   :o  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,655
    Options
    Botch said:
    This is discontinued, so I'm not buying it.  Which is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEvJn65LJv8

The on-board camera footage really blew me away; that hobby has come so far since my 1975 Heathkit....   :o  
    Thanks for the link - when I was a child, I had one of those Cox planes that you flew in circles holding a string line. I thought it was amazing at the time, but nothing like that technology.  I also had a cox powered dune buggy.  That thing was crazy.  You started the motor and let it loose with no idea where it would go.  We would just chase after it.  Good memories. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,648
    Options
    mEGG_My_Day said:
    ...when I was a child, I had one of those Cox planes that you flew in circles holding a string line. I thought it was amazing at the time, but nothing like that technology.  I also had a cox powered dune buggy.  That thing was crazy.  You started the motor and let it loose with no idea where it would go.  We would just chase after it.  Good memories. 
    Heh, I was well-steeped in the Cox .049 world, and "control line"!  I built sort of a "dune buggy" in Jr. High shop class, built out of spot-welded sheet metal and wood parts; it was a trike with a single steerable front wheel, propelled by the rear-mounted .049 with a prop.  
    It went straight pretty good.  As soon as I tried to turn it, via R/C, it would immediately roll and break the prop!  (I learned a bit more about "center of gravity" in high school)  
    Good Times!  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance