Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,377
    Options
    bucky925 said:

This came yesterday.  It was on sale for packaging damage with free shipping.  I hope I live to cook on it, my wife and I are in our 16th day of uselessness with the covid virus.
    Like the pan, not the COVID.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,835
    Options
    @bucky925- Tough news but at least you are home.  Hopefully you are on the recovery side of this thing but that road is all over the place.  Try and stay as positive as you can.
    We will keep a seat open at the bar Friday night in case you attend.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,409
    Options
    bucky925 said:

This came yesterday.  It was on sale for packaging damage with free shipping.  I hope I live to cook on it, my wife and I are in our 16th day of uselessness with the covid virus.
    Well that sucks.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,647
    Options
    Keeping fingers crossed for you and yours, @bucky925.  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 729
    Options
    I'm guessing it's 20 or 30k worth of materials.  Maybe more. Johnson Controls finished their 20 year lease and moved out.  A team comes in that clears out space for the next tenant.  They make a little extra money selling what they can.  I can't believe he sold this stuff so cheap.
    We did something similar when moving into a new facility. The previous owner had left twice as much as what you're showing, though it was in worse shape. First waste company asked for some ridiculous amount to get rid of it. Changed our angle to someone wanting to scrap it and we ended up giving it away if they hauled it off. Win, win. They made some money and we had bigger fish to fry with a new facility. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    buying is the easy part, receiving is getting more difficult. tel tru orderded 2 weeks ago has a 4 week delivery. was just notified the hellfire burner i ordered 2 weeks back should ship end of september
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,548
    Options
    Generac GP6500 generator. 2 potential hurricanes aiming at Louisiana. Can’t risk losing all the protein in the freezer. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,377
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Generac GP6500 generator. 2 potential hurricanes aiming at Louisiana. Can’t risk losing all the protein in the freezer. 
    Good call, stay safe.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

"Sil bought a brand new Discovery a few years ago. Granted she is a road warrior, regional manager.  Almost every time we would go her house she would have a different loaner car because hers was in the shop, different range rovers, discoverys etc.  Now that it is out of warranty they took pity on her and rented her a nissan sentra while they replace the turbo."

buying a 3 year aftermarket warranty is like knocking on wood

Saw her this morning, and delicately asked how its going.  Apparently it has been 6 weeks and no news, the dealer is waiting on approval for a new turbo or engine from LR.  So I guess she called LR directly and they said they will get back to her in a few business days.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 384
    Options
    Just ordered 5 lbs of hatch green chilies from the hatch green chili store as I am tired if waiting for my local grocery store to have them in stock.  Looking forward to roasting them all.
  • Botch
    Options

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Botch said:

Looked at that style but couldn’t imagine keeping the glass clean. Went all stainless instead.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Botch said:

What is that?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    What is that?
    Range hood for my new Bluestar gas cooktop.  It didn't have quite the cfm suckability fan capacity recommended by Bluestar (600 cfm) but I found a formula online for determining recommended residential cfm requirements: (full BTU capacity of all burners set to high at once)/100 = recommended cfm.  I've almost never had even 3 burners going at once on my current cooktop, and when I'm wokking I'd never have any other burners going; ergo, 22,000 BTU/100 = 220 cfm air displacement, just over half of this unit's capacity.  I should be good.  

@Kayak, I thought long and hard about keeping the glass clean, and I find that easier than keeping SS clean (although less noticeable, too).    

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,715
    Options
    Pledge or some other furniture polish with orange oil (not lemon or pine or lavender or kombucha) works great on stainless.
    Not a felon
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Try Shelia Shine for stainless steel. 

The restaurant I worked In as a kid turned me on to it and it works better than anything else I have found. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,429
    Options
    Breakfast

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Bottled water and fuel for the generator. Marco and Laura on their way
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,409
    Options
    And Laura has been upgraded to a Cat 2 .
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,112
    Options
    Probably the most stupid/awesome impulse buy I've ever bought. Impulse would almost be an understatement. I moreorless stumbled across it on accident. 

It's an autographed Dave Matthews canvas. I was looking for a flag and it brought me to some small clothing flea market type website and ran into the canvas. I double checked the website for being legit and the canvas poster itself has its own PSA/DNA identification number. I ran the identification number on the PSA website and it comes up as an authentic signed Dave Matthews canvas poster. Who knows if it's really authentic. It's probably as close as you're going to get without seeing the signature happen in person.   

Probably one of my most random purchases ever. They had it listed for $250 and I eneded up buying it for $50. It says sold on their website now. I'll have to see if it actually shows up. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Something that I'll throw up on the basement wall at some point. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,835
    Options
    Life is not based on need alone.  You wanted it, got it for a steal (if it shows up).  Sounds like a great outcome to me.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    edited August 2020
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Life is not based on need alone.  You wanted it, got it for a steal (if it shows up).  Sounds like a great outcome to me.  Congrats.
    Thanks!

I'm only out a couple steaks if it doesn't show up. I also made sure that I could go through PayPal when purchasing it. Just a little wall art for the basement. A completely random purchase.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Probably the most stupid/awesome impulse buy I've ever bought. Impulse would almost be an understatement. I moreorless stumbled across it on accident. 

It's an autographed Dave Matthews canvas. I was looking for a flag and it brought me to some small clothing flea market type website and ran into the canvas. I double checked the website for being legit and the canvas poster itself has its own PSA/DNA identification number. I ran the identification number on the PSA website and it comes up as an authentic signed Dave Matthews canvas poster. Who knows if it's really authentic. It's probably as close as you're going to get without seeing the signature happen in person.   

Probably one of my most random purchases ever. They had it listed for $250 and I eneded up buying it for $50. It says sold on their website now. I'll have to see if it actually shows up. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Something that I'll throw up on the basement wall at some point. 

I remember my older sister coming back from her freshman year of college on her first summer break. She was smoking cigarettes and blasting Dave Matthews Band on our home stereo. I remember thinking who is this girl?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I remember my older sister coming back from her freshman year of college on her first summer break. She was smoking cigarettes and blasting Dave Matthews Band on our home stereo. I remember thinking who is this girl?
    That's funny! It sounds like some DMB concert tailgating stories I have that should probably be best left off the internet.  =) 

Minnesota
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,902
    Options
    WeberWho said:

That's really helpful to get the lead singer to write his name on it,  in case you ever get asked 'what was the name of the lead singer in the Dave Matthews band?' during a Zoom quiz.   =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Botch
    Options

:triumph:  And it works with my $99/year TracFone account!  

• Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    I know this has been discussed many times on this forum and I apologize in advance.  My wife and I are beginning handgun class this Thursday.  I am a lifetime hunter utilizing shotguns and rifles.  My wife has never shot a gun in her life.  My wife is a little thing!  5 feet tall and 90 pounds wet and hands that look my four year old granddaughter.  I am needing any suggestions for a handgun that you may know of that would fit her.  I am sure our instructor will have ideas, but of course, they are also selling handguns.  I know she will need to shoot several to get a feel, but some brands are better than others for various reasons.  I am thinking a 380 for her but others say they have more recoil due to a shorter barrel.  Just unsure. 

Thanks! 

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Scott805 said:
    I know this has been discussed many times on this forum and I apologize in advance.  My wife and I are beginning handgun class this Thursday.  I am a lifetime hunter utilizing shotguns and rifles.  My wife has never shot a gun in her life.  My wife is a little thing!  5 feet tall and 90 pounds wet and hands that look my four year old granddaughter.  I am needing any suggestions for a handgun that you may know of that would fit her.  I am sure our instructor will have ideas, but of course, they are also selling handguns.  I know she will need to shoot several to get a feel, but some brands are better than others for various reasons.  I am thinking a 380 for her but others say they have more recoil due to a shorter barrel.  Just unsure. 

Thanks! 
    Similar situation a while back with my wife. Solved with a hammer less 38. There are a few out there. We got her a 642 Smith and Wesson. Very light and easy to use.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Glock makes a single stack 380 as well. Ladies are a fan of it. Thin grip profile compared to the usual full sized ones.