Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,732
    Options
    Nick Swardson old people music, worth a listen!
    As a suburban youth, gangster rap was my #1 favorite and I had the subs rocking. Kind of funny but nothing wrong with that! I still listen time to time but my main tastes have for sure changed. Still hate country though!

I get it that they rap about situations they deal with in their communities, and I have no insight at all into that. But the beats and the rhyming are just so fun to listen to, even if it was in a language I don't speak.

But yes, it has been a long time since I had subs in the car. My wife thinks I'm nuts. I also have two car seats in the car. But the Rona' lockdown makes you think of creative hobbies and projects....

Car broken into 2x while in the driveway and I never had them again.
    I still have 2 12s under my back seat!! Leaves room for the car seats!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,551
    Options
    12# choice brisket for $2/#. It was too cheap to pass up 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,424
    Options
    I am in process of acquiring my first handgun.  Actually, I’ve been “processing” since July 25th.  Here, it’s hoop after hoop after hoop...  4 hours of classroom training, fingerprinting and background checking.  Once completed, you can now apply for an HQL (Handgun Qualifying License) - HQL application processing is 2-4 weeks (I’m 2 weeks in).  Once your HQL is processed and approved, it’s another 2 weeks for printing and delivery of your certificate.  Once you receive your certificate and identify the handgun you intend to acquire, you then submit an application to purchase a handgun to Maryland State Police, who will issue you an approval code within 3 days.  You then take the approval code to the gunshop to make your purchase.  Now begins a 7-day cooling off period (as if you’re not already cool enough), and on the 8th day you may possess your handgun. 

I’m settled on a 9mm - in fact, since ammo is scarce I’ve already begun making some purchases here and there.  I would welcome suggestions on make/model.  Personal at-home protection is primary purpose, and although this is my first handgun, I would like something that might fit in a shooting enthusiast’s collection (adding accessories, frequent use at shooting range).

Thanks in advance.
    My advice, take all the recommendations here, find a gun range that has a wide selection to rent from and try a bunch out before you choose what to buy. Figure out what feels right in your hand.
    I am a Glock guy. I carry a 17 for duty, a 45 for my home and a 43 for CCW. The HK VP9  is my favorite feeling gun. Sig makes a great firearm. 
    You will find the most accessories and part upgrades for Glock. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    @saluki2007 Will consider the pod.  Here in Maryland, unless you have a carry permit, which is very hard to get, legal transport is pretty much limited to between home and range, with gun and ammo separated.
    Sounds a lot like IL. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Options
    thinking about buying this

Interesting, does it control plunge and act kind of like of CNC by just slowly roaming around or do you have to control all the tracing?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,116
    Options
    I am in process of acquiring my first handgun.  Actually, I’ve been “processing” since July 25th.  Here, it’s hoop after hoop after hoop...  4 hours of classroom training, fingerprinting and background checking.  Once completed, you can now apply for an HQL (Handgun Qualifying License) - HQL application processing is 2-4 weeks (I’m 2 weeks in).  Once your HQL is processed and approved, it’s another 2 weeks for printing and delivery of your certificate.  Once you receive your certificate and identify the handgun you intend to acquire, you then submit an application to purchase a handgun to Maryland State Police, who will issue you an approval code within 3 days.  You then take the approval code to the gunshop to make your purchase.  Now begins a 7-day cooling off period (as if you’re not already cool enough), and on the 8th day you may possess your handgun. 

I’m settled on a 9mm - in fact, since ammo is scarce I’ve already begun making some purchases here and there.  I would welcome suggestions on make/model.  Personal at-home protection is primary purpose, and although this is my first handgun, I would like something that might fit in a shooting enthusiast’s collection (adding accessories, frequent use at shooting range).

Thanks in advance.
    Cool!

Come up with a list of guns you like and call around and see what your local range has for rentals. At minimum go and see how one feels in your hand. I had my head and heart sold on the Sig Sauer P320. Hell of a gun. (Every subcompact manufacturer is playing catch up to the P320) I really, really wanted to like it. After renting one at the range I found it to be very similar to my other subcompact. I also wasn't a fan how it fit and felt in my hand. It's different for everyone. 

Take your time and find one that fits you. Suggestions are good but will only get your so far. You'll be looking at all kinds of different guns once you dip your feet in the water. 

One of my favorites is my .22 for the range. Cheap and something that isn't a chore to shoot. I would have laughed at a .22 5-6 years ago when I first started getting into hand guns. You'll really get to know what you like as time goes on and the more you shoot. I also started with a 9mm.  

Most of all enjoy the experience! 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Cool!

Come up with a list of guns you like and call around and see what your local range has for rentals. At minimum go and see how one feels in your hand. I had my head and heart sold on the Sig Sauer P320. Hell of a gun. (Every subcompact manufacturer is playing catch up to the P320) I really, really wanted to like it. After renting one at the range I found it to be very similar to my other subcompact. I also wasn't a fan how it fit and felt in my hand. It's different for everyone. 

Take your time and find one that fits you. Suggestions are good but will only get your so far. You'll be looking at all kinds of different guns once you dip your feet in the water. 

One of my favorites is my .22 for the range. Cheap and something that isn't a chore to shoot. I would have laughed at a .22 5-6 years ago when I first started getting into hand guns. You'll really get to know what you like as time goes on and the more you shoot. I also started with a 9mm.  

I’ll second the .22 purchase is you are going to spend a lot of time at the range.  You still get to shoot and work on proper mechanics, just a lot cheaper.  Bought a ruger mkIV and shoot that more than my 9mm.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,116
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Cool!

I’ll second the .22 purchase is you are going to spend a lot of time at the range.  You still get to shoot and work on proper mechanics, just a lot cheaper.  Bought a ruger mkIV and shoot that more than my 9mm.

I just might know someone who also has a .22 Ruger MKIV for the range.  ;) 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Tactacam Reveal cellular game cam. Great reviews. Great data plans. Can’t wait to get it in the woods
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Love my Ruger 22s. I also have a Smith 617 in 6 shot that is extremely accurate when somebody that knows how shoots it. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,857
    Options
    Just took advantage of Heartbrand Beef free shipping for August and ordered one of their Akaushi briskets.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Returned Walmart Blackstone still in box when I saw this hinged lid version at Ace.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    nice cheese melting dome
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    new tailgate booted cables for the rover, that brings the maintenance cost on the rover in the last year to $1.44 cents per month. oh the horror
    fukahwee maine

• frazzdaddy
    Options

One of these, the dumpster not the girl. She leased it to me. Tired of hauling $#it to the dump every week. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,539
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Timing is everything-75 years ago today Japan surrendered to end WWII.  
    Woah ... and I posted that out of the blue ...
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,743
    Options

Thanks in advance.
    My 2 cents.....

Smith & Wesson M&P Sheild 9mm or 
    Sig Sauer P365 9mm

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    new tailgate booted cables for the rover, that brings the maintenance cost on the rover in the last year to $1.44 cents per month. oh the horror

Sil bought a brand new Discovery a few years ago. Granted she is a road warrior, regional manager.  Almost every time we would go her house she would have a different loaner car because hers was in the shop, different range rovers, discoverys etc.  Now that it is out of warranty they took pity on her and rented her a nissan sentra while they replace the turbo.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    edited August 2020
    Options

"Sil bought a brand new Discovery a few years ago. Granted she is a road warrior, regional manager.  Almost every time we would go her house she would have a different loaner car because hers was in the shop, different range rovers, discoverys etc.  Now that it is out of warranty they took pity on her and rented her a nissan sentra while they replace the turbo."

buying a 3 year aftermarket warranty is like knocking on wood

fukahwee maine

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    I wanted to come back and thank all who shared suggestions.  After more research, I know I’m looking for full size.  I have a list of 4 solid contenders that I will further research.  I like the .22 suggestions, as a second gun for range use - that’ll be purchase #2.  Did get the Vaultek VT20 - decided to forego the biometrics.

Cheers!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,399
    Options
    Picked up a couple thousand square feet of industrial mezzanine for a cool grand.  Paying some guys to move it to my shop tomorrow.
    Does the warehouse owner know their team is selling off hardware?
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yep
    Options
    @nolaegghead that’s a steal of a deal! 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,648
    Options
    Nola I hope you have bigger plans beyond changing the shocks in your 911...

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'm guessing it's 20 or 30k worth of materials.  Maybe more. Johnson Controls finished their 20 year lease and moved out.  A team comes in that clears out space for the next tenant.  They make a little extra money selling what they can.  I can't believe he sold this stuff so cheap.
    Options
    I'm guessing it's 20 or 30k worth of materials.  Maybe more. Johnson Controls finished their 20 year lease and moved out.  A team comes in that clears out space for the next tenant.  They make a little extra money selling what they can.  I can't believe he sold this stuff so cheap.
    That is an absolute steel.  (Pun intended)
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looking at these for some side hussle. 

https://www.twicetheice.com/
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options

This came yesterday.  It was on sale for packaging damage with free shipping.  I hope I live to cook on it, my wife and I are in our 16th day of uselessness with the covid virus.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    bucky925 said:

This came yesterday.  It was on sale for packaging damage with free shipping.  I hope I live to cook on it, my wife and I are in our 16th day of uselessness with the covid virus.
    Oh wow @bucky925, sorry to hear that. prayers for you guys.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.