Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Bracket Time

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    Yep. Great game. And I picked TX Tech. So... great game. 
    Me too.  Your turds go down to MI state.  Our bracket has opened up.  Exact opposite of every other year where Duke gets the free ride.  Go Cats.
    I love that you believe that about Duke. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @bgebrent - life is quite good in your household right now.  Congrats to Purdue!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    I just looked at my bracket.  I'm worried that I'm going to regret picking Xavier over Florida State.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    I am holding out til Monday AM to assess the carnage.  In addition to the one here I have a few others that are likely just as destroyed.  But all in good fun!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    What a crazy shot by Michigan State there to close the half.  Damn.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Yep.  Classic Michigan State.  Staying in the game through offensive rebounding.  They go after loose balls like eggheads after SRF meats.

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    The upsets keep rollin' along!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    It’s hard to win a game when you miss your final 13-14 shots 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Options
    True.

But it looks like none of the leaders in our bracket picked Syracuse.

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    If Texas A&M beats UNC it will REALLY mess up my bracket.

Still.

GO AGGIES!!!

San Antonio, TX

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Trouble in Charlotte!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    North Carolina. SMDH.
    SEC.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Good gracious Girdy!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YukonRon
    Options
    At least the trip home will not be a long one for UNC.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    Things aren’t looking good for the Tarheels. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    and there goes my NC pick.   :s
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    For the next two minutes I have all my elite eight intact.   Had the heels going to the final game.  Ouch. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Please just let Duke lose next time they play 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - life is quite good in your household right now.  Congrats to Purdue!
    True Cap!!  Crazy upsets today!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Another freak occurance /perfect storm...for another top seeded ACC team, which, in this case, had been given a lofty 2 seed, despite double digit losses during the season?

The evidence is right in front of your eyes.

Clearly, the ACC, or at least 2 teams from that conference, had been overly embellished, by both the media and selection committee.

ACC bias is real.

Feel bad for the kids of both programs. Being disrespected is just as wrong as being overated.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Dang @YukonRon - you sound like the "insert SEC football script" right now.  ;)
  • Foghorn
    Options
    And Nevada joins the upset parade. 

And yes @YukonRon, the computers that calculate RPI and KenPom and other ratings are clearly biased. 

San Antonio, TX

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    My bracket is toast. I only have 5 teams left in sweet 16. Now I just have to root for Duke!  Even tho I didn’t have them in final 4
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    If Texas A&M beats UNC it will REALLY mess up my bracket.

Still.

GO AGGIES!!!
    In fairness you said beats, not beat dat azz. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Another freak occurance /perfect storm...for another top seeded ACC team, which, in this case, had been given a lofty 2 seed, despite double digit losses during the season?

Clearly, the ACC, or at least 2 teams from that conference, had been overly embellished, by both the media and selection committee.

ACC bias is real.

Feel bad for the kids of both programs. Being disrespected is just as wrong as being overated.
    Can we have someone in here who can troll a little harder or smarter than this, please?  Thanks in advance.  
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Clemson doesn't seem to be subscribing to the "ACC is overrated" narrative.

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    What conference is Auburn in again?
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    What conference is Auburn in again?

Auburn is from the SEC. We have great visual arts schools though.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

ACC bias is real.

Can we have someone in here who can troll a little harder or smarter than this, please?  Thanks in advance.  
    Ouch. That hurt. Deeply. :rofl:

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Conference fandom make sense when your football team plays like, well, like Kentucky.