Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT Bracket Time

As last years champ (somehow) I took it upon myself to create a new group for us to compete again.  I used Yahoo for the bracket because that is what was used last year.  Here is the link:  https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/133402/invitation?key=56266923d52992f0&soc_trk=lnk

The group name is Egghead Forum and the password is Egghead.  I will send some rub to the winner.  Good luck and let the trash talk begin.
Large and Small BGE
Morton, IL

Comments

• etherdomeetherdome Posts: 282
    Done
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,485
    This year should have plenty of upsets. Several of which put Kentucky in the final four.  B)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • jabamjabam Posts: 1,693
    I’m in
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,475
    Somehow the bracket I first picked did not end up in our group.  But Yahoo decided the name of my bracket is "My Impressive Bracket".  So I picked a second bracket.  It gave me a chance to tweak my first impulses and make some better selections.  I'm pretty convinced I'm going to win.  Unlike UK.

With that said, I'm doing this on a short layover in the Miami airport and someone just walked by me with a UK-colored shirt that says

"If you're not first, you're Louisville"

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,573
    bgebrent said:
    This year should have plenty of upsets. Several of which put Kentucky in the final four.  B)

"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• Lipscomb to beat N. Carolina in the first round? Anyone? Come on! Purple and Gold, baby! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,475
    Lipscomb to beat N. Carolina in the first round? Anyone? Come on! Purple and Gold, baby! 
    Nope. Carolina is losing to Duke in the championship game. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    Lipscomb to beat N. Carolina in the first round? Anyone? Come on! Purple and Gold, baby! 
    @Foghorn I am going with them losing to AZ in the quarters. 

But full disclosure baby #2 has really eaten into my pre-tournament basketball time.

I'm thinking about going and getting a vasectomy tomorrow. Anyone wanna join? 4 day weekend on the couch. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,790
    edited March 13
    Foghorn said:
    @Foghorn I am going with them losing to AZ in the quarters. 

But full disclosure baby #2 has really eaten into my pre-tournament basketball time.

I'm thinking about going and getting a vasectomy tomorrow. Anyone wanna join? 4 day weekend on the couch. 
    I feel ya brother.  Although I would say #2 has helped in that now I have a reason to stay up late watching Sportscenter as she is not a great night sleeper.  I'll pass on the V for now though.  I'll save that for a Masters weekend.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• blind99blind99 Posts: 4,211
    i'm in.  i plan to follow up last year's dismal loss with another one.  i'm all about consistency.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
    Wooty-Hoo
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,771
    Have had the first two play-in games on this evening.  Not paying much attention but setting the stage for binge B'ball Thurs-Sun.  Quite wide open this tournament.  I always lose as I won't take the favs.  This year however, there are quite a number of teams that could (key word) string together the six wins.  I doubt I will have any close to the Final Four but always fun to choose.
    @saluki2007  Thanks for setting this up.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • UNCHeels08UNCHeels08 Posts: 81
    Foghorn said:
    I wouldn’t be able to handle a Carolina/Duke NCAAT game. Let alone a title game. Definite heart failure. 
    Raleigh, NC

LBGE
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,784
    Done. Thanks
    Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • TbentTbent Posts: 196
    I'm in. Best time of year!
    L, S, MM, Mini
    Washington, IL
  • milesvdustinmilesvdustin Posts: 1,296
    I made one. I chose absolutely randomly as I have no idea about any of it.  

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Akorn Jr

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,771
    Game on!
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    Only about a hour left.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• JohnEggGioJohnEggGio Posts: 389
    I put one in - thanks @saluki2007 for putting it together.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Aaaaaaaaaand here we go!

South of Nashville, TN

• billt01billt01 Posts: 715
    just thought I would give my 2..

"When does football season start back?!"
     "Don't listen to her, Bob.Remember: those who can, do; those who can't, teach."
                                                                                                     -Jane
                                                                                                     "Man and Superman"
    Have:
    LBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3), Blackstone 36

Had:
    Lang 60D, Cookshack SM150, Stumps Stretch, Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

Hell of a way to start the tourny off.  1st game going to OT.
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 500
    yep.  I'm 0 for 2 after the first two games.

A BGE chiminea, a small and a 17" BS in Las Cruces, NM

Damn, I had oklahoma winning that one. 

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,485
    Damn, I had oklahoma winning that one. 
    Me too. 0-1. Go Cats. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
    Looks like about half of us made that same choice

• Whatever Miami’s coach said in that locker room at half time should be copyrighted and sold for a premium. 

South of Nashville, TN

SDST and OSU making it rain!
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,573
    Duke game seems close.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT