Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Bracket Time

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    I always heard that AUBURN stood for Alabama usually beats us Rednecks.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,366
    Options
    I started the day with all elite eight alive and kicking.  As of now I have 6 of the eight still alive and only two of my final four still in it.   That’s Duke and Villanova.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Legume said:
    Conference fandom make sense when your football team plays like, well, like Kentucky.
    We might be small, but we are slow. 
    Our coach said he would bring a national champion to Lexington, he was almost there, we did play Georgia at home.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I had no idea the NIT played their games in Quarters. Watching Louisville today, looking impressive against MTSU.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I started the day with all elite eight alive and kicking.  As of now I have 6 of the eight still alive and only two of my final four still in it.   That’s Duke and Villanova.  
    Thinking the '16 is where it gets real. If anything, this tournament has shown it could be anyone, left standing tall, at the end of this thing.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,534
    Options
    @YukonRon - NIT is playing the lab for the NCAA.  Quarters and the 3 point line is back where the international b'ball one resides.  I believe the deal with fouls and how that works with the bonus is also different in this year's NIT.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I had no idea the NIT played their games in Quarters. Watching Louisville today, looking impressive against MTSU.
    @YukonRon - NIT is playing the lab for the NCAA.  Quarters and the 3 point line is back where the international b'ball one resides.  I believe the deal with fouls and how that works with the bonus is also different in this year's NIT.  FWIW-  

Exactly right.  I don't like the 4 quarters, but I do like the expanded lane and longer 3 point line.  I would also like to see the 5 second closely gaurded foul be reinstated.  One other is the international rule when the ball hits the rim it's free to rebound or dunk, that would be fun!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon - NIT is playing the lab for the NCAA.  Quarters and the 3 point line is back where the international b'ball one resides.  I believe the deal with fouls and how that works with the bonus is also different in this year's NIT.  FWIW-
    Thank you @lousubcap. I had some fun watching the game and getting caught up on the changes. Years ago men's NCAA basketball was quarters, if memory serves me correctly, which it rarely does these days.

Anyway, My Beautiful Wife has forbid me to goof on the ACC anymore, since she is, ahem, a Louisville grad. (Obnoxious? Me?)

It was all meant in good fun. I know so little about college basketball, as my bracket at work has painfully reminded me. So anyone offended, consider the source.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    UMBC!!!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @YukonRon - I have accumulated so many laps of the sun that I remember "LISTENING" to the NCAA college B'ball finals on the radio.  Clearly I am old.  This year is about as filled with upsets as I can recall.  Going in we all knew it would be a crap-shoot but the survivors are exceeding even those predictions.  Game on!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    lousubcap said:
    Thank you @lousubcap. I had some fun watching the game and getting caught up on the changes. Years ago men's NCAA basketball was quarters, if memory serves me correctly, which it rarely does these days.

Anyway, My Beautiful Wife has forbid me to goof on the ACC anymore, since she is, ahem, a Louisville grad. (Obnoxious? Me?)

It was all meant in good fun. I know so little about college basketball, as my bracket at work has painfully reminded me. So anyone offended, consider the source.
    Taken in good fun....I can dish it out so I better be able to take it.  That's why I love this time of year!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• lousubcap
    Options
    And another # one bites the dust...
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Incredible.  Xavier well in control until disintegrating in the last 4 minutes.  Go Cats and go Boilers.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Can we all reset our brackets now?  Predictably crazy tournament.  
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I just looked at my bracket.  I'm worried that I'm going to regret picking Xavier over Florida State.
    ... and the regret sets in ...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Well it looks like I won't be getting to keep the rub for winning this year.  Good luck to those who someone managed to predict the chaos.

I only got 5 picks correct in the entire west region.  0 made it to the sweet 16.  OUCH!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Well it looks like I won't be getting to keep the rub for winning this year.  Good luck to those who someone managed to predict the chaos.

I only got 5 picks correct in the entire west region.  0 made it to the sweet 16.  OUCH!
    @saluki2007 times are tough this year. Friday night I was looking good. 

This morning I have 1 team left in my whole bracket.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    I’m in a big pool - 210 entries at $10
    each.  About 5:00 pm yesterday I was sitting pretty in 2nd place.  Then the carnage began...  ugh!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Foghorn
    Options
    What’s crazy about this tourney is that the biggest upsets have been blowouts. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    What’s crazy about this tourney is that the biggest upsets have been blowouts. 
    Totally agree, though the UNC game may have not been an upset in reality, but the margin was crazy. TAMU is a scary team when they are playing in sync. Those guys looked unbeatable.
    No matter who you have left in your bracket, Thursday and Friday could be the end, just seems to be the way it is going.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Options
    "TAMU is a scary team when they are playing in sync. Those guys looked unbeatable."

As the father of a TAMU grad I'm happy to agree with that statement... except one can say the same about Clemson...

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    "TAMU is a scary team when they are playing in sync. Those guys looked unbeatable."

As the father of a TAMU grad I'm happy to agree with that statement... except one can say the same about Clemson...
    Very true.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    My bracket got destroyed. Half of my final four is up in smoke. Duke better win this thing. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Foghorn
    Options
    Bump.

Cause the Sweet 16 games have started.

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Options
    Given the sphincter tightening going on now, I will give mine a look Sat AM.  I still have pulse in a few but given my track record I will flat line by the end of the weekend.  However, you can't beat the win or go home tournament.  Who can string six in the NCAA.  See UConn in 2014 for an out-lier.  FWIW-
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Wild first game.  Just hope whoever wins is gassed.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Wild first game.  Just hope whoever wins is gassed.
    They will be.  That's how this tournament is going for Kentucky.

Plus, the pace of this game is high.

San Antonio, TX

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I’m sorry to inform you but according to the snowflakes we can’t have this thread.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    But we just cruised into Spring in the Northern Hemisphere so snowflakes need to migrate south for the next several months.  
  • Foghorn
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    But we just cruised into Spring in the Northern Hemisphere so snowflakes need to migrate south for the next several months.  
    I don't think that's how it works.

San Antonio, TX