Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do You Hate Guy Fieri?

Options

Comments

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Don't hate him at all.  I love the exposure he gives to little known places with local flair on local fare.   Love that camaro too!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @DoubleEgger How can you tell the difference between a 67 and 68 Camaro? You can spot a 69 with the head lights but have always wondered the difference between 67-68. Just curious as some call Fieri Camaro a 67 and others say 68. Any styling difference I'm not picking up on?
    I think everyone is right to an extent. I just did a google search and it appears that he’s driving both a 67 and 68 Camaro. The easiest way to tell the difference between the two is the quarter windows. 67s have them and 68s don’t. 

Just goes to show you that there are a lot of ways to get to flavortown!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Love Guy and the Camaro 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Love Guy and the Camaros
    FTFY. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited December 2017
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    @DoubleEgger How can you tell the difference between a 67 and 68 Camaro? You can spot a 69 with the head lights but have always wondered the difference between 67-68. Just curious as some call Fieri Camaro a 67 and others say 68. Any styling difference I'm not picking up on?
    The easiest way to tell the difference between the two is the quarter windows. 67s have them and 68s don’t. 
    Thanks! @DoubleEgger Never knew that.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    I like him, especially when I want the TV on but have other things to do (football provides the same service for me).  I don't think I'd be his best buddy, he's an extreme extrovert and I'm the opposite.  Yeah, he praises just about everyone, but I'd hate for him to be Gordon Ramsey who screams his disapproval to restaurant owners, THAT guy is a jerk!  
    I could be best friends with Anthony Bourdain, and I definitely want his job!  I've read a couple of his books and enjoyed them immensely.  He does mix a little bit of politics into his shows, but he's talking (for the most part) to the working class, and most importantly for a political talking head, he asks questions, and listens to the answers.  I love (and miss) that.    

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Watching him right now and enjoy DDD. Some don’t like his style I guess. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    He's cool!  I bet we all have a buddy or two with his personality.  It's great that he gives exposure to some little hole in the wall joints with phenomenal food.  My mouth usually waters just watching his show.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    He's cool!  I bet we all have a buddy or two with his personality.  It's great that he gives exposure to some little hole in the wall joints with phenomenal food.  My mouth usually waters just watching his show.
    The buddy I have like him is @tarheelmatt.  He's working on hair.  Mckenzie is very accepting.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    The obligatory classic that never gets old

Little Rock, AR

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I only hate him because he stole the only job in the world I would LOVE.  Put that on my flipflop and I'd eat it!  Too late for the hula hoop and too early for DDD.  Oh well my lot in life

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    The obligatory classic that never gets old

It’s hard to decide which one is best. So many choices! 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    I've only watched him a couple times and that was enough for me. OTOH I used to never miss Rachael Ray's show $xx a Day (can't recall the exact name of the show) back when she was young, cute and sexy in her own way. Now I can't stand to watch what a cow she has become! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I think everyone is right to an extent. I just did a google search and it appears that he’s driving both a 67 and 68 Camaro. The easiest way to tell the difference between the two is the quarter windows. 67s have them and 68s don’t. 

@DoubleEgger even Matthew knows that. :sunglasses:
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    RRP said:
    I've only watched him a couple times and that was enough for me. OTOH I used to never miss Rachael Ray's show $xx a Day (can't recall the exact name of the show) back when she was young, cute and sexy in her own way. Now I can't stand to watch what a cow she has become! 
    Oh this thread is going to go a whole new direction in 3...2....1....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options

Little Rock, AR

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    RRP said:
    A Little too much crisco in the trunk for you @RRP ?  The only thing I don't like when I make one of her dishes, is the amount of garlic.  I LOVE garlic, but I cut in half or more.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I love triple d. He seems genuine and nice. In a business like he's in you kind of build a persona....his is just over the top bit and I can see where it rubs some the wrong way. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Eh.  I’m inclined to like Guy.  He’s a little bit of a clown, but doesn’t seem to take himself too seriously. 

On the other hand, I really can’t stand more talented chefs who peddle misinformation. “Sear the Meat to seal in the juices”, “smoke ring indicates good bbq”, etc.  They obviously know better, but keep dishing up fallacies. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Here’s a nice photoshop job taking away the spikesand frosted tips 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    WeberWho said:

@DoubleEgger even Matthew knows that. :sunglasses:
    He knows more than most including myself. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,347
    Options
    RRP said:
    Such a classy guy.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Eh.  I’m inclined to like Guy.  He’s a little bit of a clown, but doesn’t take seem to take himself too seriously. 

On the other hand, I really can’t stand more talented chefs who peddle misinformation. “Sear the Meat to seal in the juices”, “smoke ring indicates good bbq”, etc.  They obviously know better, but keep dishing up fallacies. 
    You are very jaded =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    It's not like he's out there stealing other folks pics off the interwebs. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I watch DDD all the time.  It’s fun to learn about a region strictly by its food. It makes me excited to travel when I retire!  Guy himself is an over the top character on the show.  The bleach blonde spiked hair, flame shirts, rings and bracelets...that is not my style at all.  I get the feeling that he’s a genuinely nice guy, and enjoys being around new people.

Andrew Zimmern’s new show Bizzare Foods: Delicious Destinations is basically an international version of DDD.  He has his own quirks that endear him to certain people. He also has some obnoxious stuff he does.  I like him too. He seems real. 

I would love to meet both of them. I’d love to hang out on Alton Brown’s tour bus, cook with Bobby Flay for a few weeks, and go through Anthony Bourdain’s list of places to eat before he dies.  (Not necessarily hang out with him).  I’d also love to spend a day in the pit with Aaron Franklin.  And if Giada wanted to tag along during all of that, well...that’d be cool too. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RRP said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike