Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We drive on the left and health care is free.

Options

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,781
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lousubcap said:
    Hoovering was never a term associated with "vacuuming" on this side of the pond, even though Hoover made vacuum cleaners.  
    There were certain girls in school we named Hoover
    Because they could suck start a Harley?
    Basically, Yes =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Why do British people sound American when they sing?  
    Why does Madonna sound British when she talks?
    Well my ancestor on the paternal line left Scotland somewhere in the early 1700's. The next time any of his descendants were there was when my father was briefly stationed there in the early 1950's. Actually I probably have more French, Irish, and Native American in my ancestry so I don't know how much I would enjoy a holiday there.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,871
    Options
    Don't be fooled, she tried to catch the tail end of the Brit-Pop (mockney) culture and never quite made it stick.  
    However, Guy Ritchie's Lock, stock and two smoking barrels, and also, Snatch are outstanding films.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options

Well my ancestor on the paternal line left Scotland somewhere in the early 1700's. The next time any of his descendants were there was when my father was briefly stationed there in the early 1950's. Actually I probably have more French, Irish, and Native American in my ancestry so I don't know how much I would enjoy a holiday there.
    That qualifies you to vote in the next Scottish referendum.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,220
    Options
    Thoughts on this guy? 

• Spaightlabs
    Options
    Do you fancy a fag now and then?
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Last time the discussion went down that route, the thread disappeared pronto.
  • Eoin
    Options
    You have to go outside for a fag now, not allowed in pubs / bars / cafes etc.
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Last time the discussion went down that route, the thread disappeared pronto.
    I presume because boors will be boors?
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited September 2017
    Options

You guys eat 4 meals a day there? And it's like, legal and everything? That's it, I'm moving to Britain. No, wait, England. No, I mean the UK. Or is it the British Isles?

Never mind, I pretty much eat 4 meals a day here. I'll just start calling everybody "Gov'ner".

Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • ScarletFire
    Options
    Best thing that ever came from England? Benny Hill
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Odd being from MI and living mostly in NYC. One of eight siblings and she speaks with a Brit tongue. If everything is "free" including healthcare maybe she should go get her homeless brother that lives under a bridge and bring him over there. With a British accent I'm sure she could convince him there are better Bridges to live under in London. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Woodchunk said:
    Indeed - my apologies for that.
  • CPFC1905
    Options

Meh!  Goldmember was v.funny.  Myers was brought up on Monty Python,  says it all really...
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    Agreed.  None funnier than the Python gents, ever.
  • CPFC1905
    Options

jeffwit said:

You guys eat 4 meals a day there? And it's like, legal and everything? That's it, I'm moving to Britain. No, wait, England. No, I mean the UK. Or is it the British Isles?

Never mind, I pretty much eat 4 meals a day here. I'll just start calling everybody "Gov'ner".

You are more than welcome, sir!   "Geezer" is your next word to learn, then "mate" and finally "cheerio".   See you soon, perhaps when you have arrived by; aeroplane? 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    4 meals a day is a lot of food to put down one's oesophagus.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GATraveller
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Meh!  Goldmember was v.funny.  Myers was brought up on Monty Python,  says it all really...
    Billy Connolly is the best!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Thoughts.......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Thoughts.......

At the time - fantastic.  Perhaps didn't stand the test of time, though.  Sadly we lost Rik Mayall (2nd from the left) far too soon.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,851
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    Do your comments about Beckham reflect that you are not a Man U fan?
    No, although the appointment of Jose Mourinho is a desperate effort by them to lure me in - but I am standing firm.  
    I do live in the Man U heartland of Sussex, not far from the Surrey border.
    I am, in delusional fashion, hoping they lose handsomely on Saturday. 
    You're a Mourinho fan?  I can't say I've ever met one.

Although the season has started well.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    Options
    I do find him endearing.  
    It is also a well know fact that he is a Palace fan, too.   OK - so not actually true, but widely suspect by us Palace fans & that's sufficient for me.  
    Oh, and he's from Portugal which is my favourite holiday destination. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Eoin said:

Scones in the oven. Is that what you call a biscuit? Other varieties like bakestones are done on a griddle.
    Scones and biscuits are related. In my experience scones have sugar added. Scones also seem to incorporate items such as bits of dried fruit. There is the aesthetic difference of cutting scones into pie shaped wedges vs. rounds for biscuits. The procedure for mixing the dough and handling seem the same. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    henapple said:
    Nothing is free. 
    In fact handouts and welfare are reductions in your personal freedom and liberty. Especially if you are the recipient. 
  • Eoin
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Eoin said:

Scones in the oven. Is that what you call a biscuit? Other varieties like bakestones are done on a griddle.
    Scones and biscuits are related. In my experience scones have sugar added. Scones also seem to incorporate items such as bits of dried fruit. There is the aesthetic difference of cutting scones into pie shaped wedges vs. rounds for biscuits. The procedure for mixing the dough and handling seem the same. 
    Scones are normally round and they are normally sweet, but sometimes savoury (cheese scones are a winner). I assume biscuits are a non sweetened version?
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Eoin said:

Scones are essentially are a kind of cake, can be savoury (made with cheese), plain or with dried fruit.  the critical element is the service,  is it Cornish or Devon.   Cornish is jam then cream,  Devon the other way around.   And I think you call jam "jelly", and what we call jelly for you is "jello".  

This is all proving harder than I first thought....
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    SciAggie said:
    Eoin said:

Scones are essentially are a kind of cake, can be savoury (made with cheese), plain or with dried fruit.  the critical element is the service,  is it Cornish or Devon.   Cornish is jam then cream,  Devon the other way around.   And I think you call jam "jelly", and what we call jelly for you is "jello".  

This is all proving harder than I first thought....
    I hope you're not going to own up to Devonian tendencies here.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    Options

You remember this tandem?
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet