Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Official Labor Day Pizza Throwdown Voting Page

DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,969
edited September 2017 in EGG Table Forum
Submissions and voting is OPEN. Most votes wins. Vote as often as you'd like. Polls close Wednesday at 8PM EDT.

I'm looking forward to seeing some great pies. 

Comments

• SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,564
    Were we supposed to post elsewhere? I haven't been on the forum much this weekend. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,256
    Not doing mine until tonight.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 4,940
    I'm basing my vote on who throws the closest to perfectly round pie.

Sorry @Hans61 - you were in contention till I saw you say it was a take and bake. :)

Camped out in the (757/804)
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,693
    HeavyG said:

Sorry @Hans61 - you were in contention till I saw you say it was a take and bake. :)

Perfect suggests factory pie...

HeavyG said:

I am using 3.14159265359. Only ingredient that matters.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    HeavyG said:

That does appear to be a contender. However, looking just a little janky to the right there:

• calikingcaliking Posts: 11,124
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

That does appear to be a contender. However, looking just a little janky to the right there:

So. Close.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    In my defense, and I agree not perfectly round, that's an orthogonal circle on a non-orthogonal view.

• FockerFocker Posts: 8,282
    edited September 2017
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

A Sharpie and frozen pizza cardboard template over the parchment would do wonders, for those chasing the perfect circle.  Maybe leave a little pull tab.

It is the best amoebzza throwdown offering thus far.

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 2,909
    In my defense, and I agree not perfectly round, that's an orthogonal circle on a non-orthogonal view.
    Lolololol 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
    I was going to correct for that but I thought I'd wait and see how things "shape up" over the next couple days of entries.
    Where does one raise the white flag? All these look killer.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,969
    Awesome pizzas everyone. Loving the participation. Keep 'em coming. Vote Early Vote Often 
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,589
    edited September 2017
    Some of y'all really do know how to cook some pizza on the Egg.  These look great all around.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

Some of y'all really do know how to cook some pizza on the Egg.  These look great all around.
    Your mom.

• @YukonRon after seeing these, I quietly ate my entry. White flag raised. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
    @YukonRon after seeing these, I quietly ate my entry. White flag raised. 
    @theyolksonyou
    We tried a new dough recipe, that we need to dial in. It was good, nothing was left, but the crust needs reworked. We tried adding some corn meal. Need to work with the ratios.
    However today..we did french baguettes. Got. It. Down.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky