Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp IV (4, four, IIII) is October 21st, 2017 at Warren's Corner (full circle)

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

This place is friggin awesome.  I crashed prolly 5 times.  Leg is sprained but I'm in like flynn.  
    This place is friggin awesome.  I crashed prolly 5 times.  Leg is sprained but I'm in like flynn.  
    Counting on you dirty hippie  =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    bgebrent said:
    Counting on you dirty hippie  =)
    We all are  :)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    I am sofa king wasted.  Nola out.  

Ps.  F henapple's mom.
    The Adventures of the dirty hippie always keep me entertained. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • JRWhitee
    edited September 2017
    My VRBO just cancelled me. Reason was “city making us cancel we can only book 3 months out of the year now” I booked this 2 months ago. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    Image result for nola egghead brisket camp coast guard boarding
    The anus is where the fun begins. It must be seasoned juuuuuust right...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    That's a pisser Jim. I'm really sorry to hear that. 
  • Hi Carey, I believe Hendrik is with you. My Buds in SA mentioned he was going over for a visit mid to end of Oct.. Looks like a cool time you having.. Cheers John
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    JRWhitee said:
    My VRBO just cancelled me. Reason was “city making us cancel we can only book 3 months out of the year now” I booked this 2 months ago. 
    That's BS Jim.  Let us know if you need a college style backup.
  • nolaegghead
    Hi Carey, I believe Hendrik is with you. My Buds in SA mentioned he was going over for a visit mid to end of Oct.. Looks like a cool time you having.. Cheers John
    • Yes, he's on the track right now.  He high sided earlier and landed on his back.  I think i pulled my MCL and maybe cracked a couple ribs.  Ice on leg.   Hope to get back on the track tomorrow.  Fun as hell except for the pain.  Jack who did the margaritas at BC 1 is here too.  
    Hi Carey, I believe Hendrik is with you. My Buds in SA mentioned he was going over for a visit mid to end of Oct.. Looks like a cool time you having.. Cheers John
    • Yes, he's on the track right now.  He high sided earlier and landed on his back.  I think i pulled my MCL and maybe cracked a couple ribs.  Ice on leg.   Hope to get back on the track tomorrow.  Fun as hell except for the pain.  Jack who did the margaritas at BC 1 is here too.  
    No pain no gain.  Maybe be careful?
  • JRWhitee
    Thanks @bgebrent found another place a block away. A little more but we have a place, hope they don't cancel us....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    edited September 2017
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    If only we had the address of the house, we could gird our loins and demonstrate our dissatisfaction in a clear and, perhaps, provocative manner during BC. 

Burning the PIQ* to the ground would be too much, but I am sure there are measures that would both provide meaningful feedback to the homeowner and also leave a monument to the excesses of BC on their lawn. 

*Property in question

PS - If only our host had engineering and fabrication skills, a trebouchet (or its big brother, the tre trebouchet) could be assembled, hurling flaming goat carcasses through the Algiers night sky.  Perhaps there would be questioning.  Perhaps there would be charges.  If only...
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    20stone said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:
    If only we had the address of the house, we could gird our loins and demonstrate our dissatisfaction in a clear and, perhaps, provocative manner during BC. 

Burning the PIQ* to the ground would be too much, but I am sure there are measures that would both provide meaningful feedback to the homeowner and also leave a monument to the excesses of BC on their lawn. 

*Property in question

PS - If only our host had engineering and fabrication skills, a trebouchet (or its big brother, the tre trebouchet) could be assembled, hurling flaming goat carcasses through the Algiers night sky.  Perhaps there would be questioning.  Perhaps there would be charges.  If only...
    We have lawyers... 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JRWhitee
    20stone said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:

*Property in question

The house is 2 blocks from the venue, I did find another place within walking distance at a buck and a half more money. Just hope they don't cancel me too. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    Just put the word on the street that the "old house" is giving away free crack. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    If the bedding was more luxurious, I'd think the crazy hippie has figured out how to send us pics from heaven.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,850
    20stone said:
    bgebrent said:
    JRWhitee said:

*Property in question

The issue is with the NOLA city government, not the home owner.  If you would please direct your vitriol and warlike tendencies towards them, we would all appreciate it.  Kthanks.
    NOLA