Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp IV (4, four, IIII) is October 21st, 2017 at Warren's Corner (full circle)

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Foghorn said:
    looks like an ace bandage, an ib every three hours, keep it elevated, send me a check for 5 grand should do it. after 3 days work thru the pain =)
    @fishlessman, you give great advice, but you'd never make it as an orthopod.  All the orthopods I know work in multiples of 6 weeks because that's how long it takes stuff to heal.
    i did not say how long it takes to work thru the pain ;) but then again ive been practicing this method since my last doctors visit almost 30 years ago.  i did alter his, the doctors orders, after 6 weeks of taking ib's every three hours, i now stop for a week, then resume taking them. seems i need to give my stomach a week off every once in a while =) as for my doctor, i think he is dead now, probably from those daily vitamin e tablets he was trying to push on me back then.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Legume said:
    Will meat glue help with bone?
    Only one way to find out!

No... My hand got stuck. 

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Looking forward to your limp at BC. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    Got an RV spot at Pontchatrain landing for Thursday through Sunday!! I have an event Saturday Night late but past that I'm all BBQ!! I figured I'd get there Thursday night so I could come help set-up on Friday.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    @20stone would you bring me a gob of Grim Goo or whatever you are working with that does well with bread flour over whole wheat? I let mine die.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    @20stone would you bring me a gob of Grim Goo or whatever you are working with that does well with bread flour over whole wheat? I let mine die.
    My Grim Goo didn't make it either, but I have a very frisky starter that I am happy to share.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    edited October 2017
    I'm so jealous. I have been off the forum for a while and I'm not gonna go back and read all 258 missed comments but I'm sure they are brilliant and I wish I could find a way to go to an unsanctioned egg event.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    gmac said:
    I'm so jealous. I have been off the forum for a while and I'm not gonna go back and read all 258 missed comments but I'm sure they are brilliant and I wish I could find a way to go to an unsanctioned egg event.
    You can, it's called an airplane. C'mon man!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • gmac
    DMW said:
    gmac said:
    I really want to try for ButtBlast next year. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    gmac said:
    DMW said:
    gmac said:
    Another worthy event. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Dis ain't no butt blast!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • gmac said:
    DMW said:
    gmac said:
    Either of these are really fun.  They're both like one long party with really great booze and food and booze.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    gmac said:
    DMW said:
    gmac said:
    Either of these are really fun.  They're both like one long party with really great booze and food and booze.
    And a lot of great friends. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    gmac said:
    DMW said:
    gmac said:
    And booze
  • gmac said:
    DMW said:
    gmac said:
    And booze
    And chocolate pots.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    gmac said:
    DMW said:
    gmac said:
    And booze
    And chocolate pots.
    If you're in the know. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    Brisket Camp will have chocolate pots?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn said:
    Are you coming, or just your boy?  I might feed Foghorn the younger.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    Unfortunately, just my offspring will be there. 

I have to be in San Diego for biggest national meeting. 

Feed him and any friends he brings well.  He doesn't eat a lot.  He has the rare knack of knowing how to stop eating when he's eaten as many calories as he has burned.  He didn't get it from me, I assure you.

He's a good worker, but he knows @caliking and @20stone and they have a long tradition of putting him to work, so if you want his help you'll need to grab him early.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Foghorn said:
    I will bring some.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • 20stone
    Foghorn said:

<snip>

He's a good worker, but he knows @caliking and @20stone and they have a long tradition of putting him to work, so if you want his help you'll need to grab him early.
    What @Foghorn meant was "Fogspawn will be helping @caliking, @20stone and @20stonespice with what will certainly be an overambitious and potentially hazardous cook."
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

<snip>

What @Foghorn meant was "Fogspawn will be helping @caliking, @20stone and @20stonespice with what will certainly be an overambitious and potentially hazardous cook."
    I'm excited about this.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • gmac
    Checking flights 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    DMW said:
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

<snip>

I'm excited about this.
    Don't forget to pack the Nomex suit.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 20stone
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

<snip>

I'm excited about this.
    Nothing says "I'm ready to party," like rolling up to BC4 in your fire jammies
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove

Austin, TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

<snip>

I'm excited about this.
    I actually have a Nomex suit if anyone wants to borrow it.  Probably anyone who decides they want to be on-site for the fire-watch, based on historical evidence, it would be prudent.
    edited October 2017
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

<snip>

I'm excited about this.
    I actually have a Nomex suit if anyone wants to borrow it.  
    Of course you do.  It's hanging up right next to the Evel Knievel uniform.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    20stone said:
    Foghorn said:

<snip>

I'm excited about this.
    I actually have a Nomex suit if anyone wants to borrow it.  
    Of course you do.  It's hanging up right next to the Evel Knievel uniform.
    And his assless chaps
  • Thatgrimguy
    I have a 24" or a 36" griddle I can bring that works on the 3 eye stove, crawfish burners, grill in the back and an epic **** ton of smoker real estate. I'll have her loaded down with enough wood to keep it hot for 48 hours straight if need be. Hopefully I'll be able to get the sink fixed by then too.