Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Epilogue: Ozark Oak

Options
123457»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @YukonRon I saw that, funny.  Reading about it, her son wrote that as a joke, figured mom's sense of humor would appreciate it.
    Options
    @YukonRon I saw that, funny.  Reading about it, her son wrote that as a joke, figured mom's sense of humor would appreciate it.
    I caught it on one of the video boards and found it to be spot on. Thought I would try to find it and post it on the Friday night Lump Wars, but it was too good to wait.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP
    Ron, I was sitting here watching the weather roll in off of the Gulf when I got a overwhelming smell of Pine. Looked around and a big tug was coming by with a huge barge of Pine chips. Reminded me of Christmas time. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    "Big John" blocking traffic. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Like I've been saying all along... RO is just as good as OO ever was. :rofl:
    Switching to RO.  I'll use my 200# of RW for clean burns.
    I hear RW won't crack your egg either. It's magical.
    Not true.  Ever since I have used it I have replaced my firebox twice and plate setter, but I don't think the lump has anything to do with it.  More like bad luck and the thing is made out of ceramic.  I have stopped cleaning it out as much though.  I think cleaning it out by removing the insides isn't good on it no mater how careful you are.

Now is RO going to sell lump under the OO name at some point or just use it as another RO plant?  at least you would think the wood would be more local.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,901
    Options

Now is RO going to sell lump under the OO name at some point or just use it as another RO plant?  at least you would think the wood would be more local.
    My bet is the OO name is gone forever or it would have continued from the beginning. If you recall OO was facing some serious EPA charges and would need to invest more money than the owner wanted to. A big operation like RO has deep pockets as they continue their expansion mode of buying up smaller operators. Just think what constant price increases we have seen over the past 10 years. Keep knocking out competition and get a solid grip and RO can keep raising their prices is my other prediction!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.