Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Epilogue: Ozark Oak

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    Thanks Scottie! BTW I started to defend your honor today by addressing the use of "pigs" in pipelines. I think some here assume you were hired to butcher those "pigs"...oh never mind! I'm glad you are back employed!
    Thanks Ron. When we start pigging Thunder Horse I will post some pics of the pigging process. As far as working, if Hillary wins I'm retiring. Why? That kunt is just going to take my money like the thieving libtard that she is. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    For the record, I just realized that this was a Ozark Oak thread. Sorry for hijacking. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Good lump manufacturer:  Makes charcoal from wood.
    Bad lump manufacturer: Makes charcoal from wood (and depleted uranium oxide pellets, infectious hospital waste, and especially, ordinary rocks).
    edited May 2016
    Options

@RRP
    Here is another big Cat Ron. Thought about you when I saw it. 

Those tires are 6 foot 8 inches in height.

Status- Standing by.

• bigalsworth
    bigalsworth Posts: 685
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Snapped this pic of 3 Cats today. 
    hmmm pipelines, wish we could get some of these built in Canada
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada
  • SGH
    Options
    hmmm pipelines, wish we could get some of these built in Canada
    I sure wish that Exxon would run one right through the middle of Canada. I would love to work up there. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @RRP
    Ron, here is a Cat just about to flip over. Wish I could have got a better pic but I was worried about getting to close in case it flipped over forward. Tap the pic to enlarge it and you will get a good idea how forward it is leaning. 

Status- Standing by.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    logchief said:
    Amazing, it's phenomenal what the private sector can produce, especially if the gov't would let them the f*** alone.  That's cool stuff Scottie, better than lump. Except CA F****rs won't let RW in. 
    "...what the Private sector can produce, with the benefit of billions in tax breaks", is what you probably meant to say. 
    By tax break you mean letting them keep more of their own money? 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Ron, here is a Cat just about to flip over. Wish I could have got a better pic but I was worried about getting to close in case it flipped over forward. Tap the pic to enlarge it and you will get a good idea how forward it is leaning. 

@SGH ... Pipeline operators are fearless ... crazy, but fearless.  I've seen sideboom pipelayers standing on their back sprockets while the operator is calmly talking to the laborers.  An excavator is an inherently stable machine ... on level ground like that, it would have had to be tipped at a much larger angle before it was in danger of going over center.  Plus, you simply have to catch it with the boom/stick and push it back over center ... might rattle the operators teeth when it comes back down, but it won't flip. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SGH
    Options
    @Jeepster47
    I agree about the machine. What I was worried about is if it flipped the stalk coming out of the roller box. That stalk is 1 mile long and under tension. If it pops out of the roller box it will wipe out whatever is around it. I have saw stalks that jumped out of the roller box take out F-350 trucks before. It's the stalk that worries me. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I have totally derailed Rons Ozark Oak thread. 

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    SGH said:
    That's ok. He's blown up the Costco thread with hookers, blow and bums. 
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    That's ok. He's blown up the Costco thread with hookers, blow and bums. 
    Brother Yolk, if I had Rons money I would be surrounded by hookers and blow =)

Status- Standing by.

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    It's alright to hijack....  That's some cool stuff right there. 

Im thinking of trying to road trip over when I've got the family on vacation in Panama City next month. 

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Ron's been into the hookers lately.  Keeps checking the yellville thing, expert on the offerings in Peoria, strikes up conversations with the police chief...about hookers.  Lots of hobbies.
  • SGH
    Options
    It's alright to hijack....  
    Hijacking is one of my favorites. I'm notorious for it =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Legume said:
    Ron's been into the hookers lately.  
    Ron has to much time and money on his hands. He has to do something with it ;)

Status- Standing by.

• LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    This thread reminds me of our family Thanksgiving Dinner Table conversations after multiple bottles of Cabernet.  ;) 
    IL 
  • SGH
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @RRP
    Here is something that may be of interest to you if you are a Yeti or rotomolded cooler fan. We coat our welds with the same thing that rotomolded coolers are made of. Here is a bare joint and one coated with IMPP (injection molded polypropylene). I have actually been considering making a red or green Yeti when time allows. 

Before IMPP. 

After IMPP:

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,899
    Options
    Just curious, Scottie...why are those guys wearing those "suits"? Protection from WHAT? Are those silver strips reflective at night? Looks like they have common work boots on. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just curious, Scottie...why are those guys wearing those "suits"? Protection from WHAT? Are those silver strips reflective at night? Looks like they have common work boots on. 
    Ron, they are wearing those suits because before the IMPP is applied there is a coat of FBE (Fusion Bonded Epoxy) applied. The FBE is applied by flocking it on by hand instead of with a machine. As such, the suits protects them from hot epoxy spatter. 
    And yes, those are highly reflective stripes. Due to the long hours that we work each day, it's dark when we start and sometimes it's after dark when we finish. As such, reflective clothing is required. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation! 
  • SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    Thanks for the explanation! 
    My pleasure brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    Options
    Legume said:
    Ron's been into the hookers lately.  Keeps checking the yellville thing, expert on the offerings in Peoria, strikes up conversations with the police chief...about hookers.  Lots of hobbies.
    LMAO - us old retired farts need to keep connected however we can. Shopping at Kroger's can be so boring, don'tchaknow?
  • SGH
    Options
    blasting said:
    Ron, any chance you could find out what's going on at Area 51?

With the money that Ron has, I wouldn't be suprised if he owned Area 51 :D

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

With the money that Ron has, I wouldn't be suprised if he owned Area 51 :D
    Sorry Ron, I could not resist ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Status- Standing by.

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    RRP said:
    blasting said:

Interesting.  

Sorry - they told me, but I had to swear to keep it to myself. Now, the local police, sheriff, FBI, CIA, NSA, Homeland Security, Secret Service and other agencies are all watching my house 24/7.
    Just wear aluminum foil hats so "they" can't hear your thoughts.....
  • RRP
    Options
    Thanks! Actually I have found half of emptied watermelon works better than foil, but hey whatever floats your boat! 
  • SGH
    Options
    ;) Bump......so I can aggravate Ron when time allows

Status- Standing by.