Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody not know what's going on in Paris?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Saw that @ YukonRon, solidarity!  F the cowardly killers!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2015
    Options
    blasting said:
    Been a while since I've been flagged! Wooooo! 

. . . 

The vast majority of these things are butt flagged.

Imagine the damage done . . .
    Image result for kim kardashian breaking the internet

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• bgebrent
    Options
    @Sardonicus, db post pal!  Maybe it's a game to you and you didn't lose a family member.  So not funny!  So clever! Pat yourself on the back db.
  • Sardonicus
    Options

Okay.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• bgebrent
    Options
    Your best post to date?
  • Sardonicus
    edited November 2015
    Options

Okay.

• bgebrent
    Options
    Yep
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Saw that @ YukonRon, solidarity!  F the cowardly killers!
    I was in the cemetery in Paris, and saw where they buried "Je Suis Charlie"
    The people of that country were stunned and hurt. We were there after the truck came bye his plot, to gather the flowers that were left. This was not a pick up truck. This was a very large dump truck, that could not get all the flowers, and had to make a second trip. The French people waited for the truck to leave the second time with the rest of the flowers.
    his grave was mounded 2 meters high from the people that mourned his loss. He was murdered in January by Islamic extremists. They did not like what he wrote or illustrated. We were there the first week of May. I can only imagine how they feel now.
    This image was captured between the first and second trip of the truck which hauled the flowers away. Some foreigners did not wait. They did not know the routine.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Thank you @YukonRon, appreciate the context brother!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
  • Sardonicus
    Options

Hmmm.  Not the same, somehow.

• bgebrent
    Options
    @JohninCarolina, thank you for keeping it all in context?  Our children will be fighting this fight after we fail again at the polls. Sickens me. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    edited November 2015
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @JohninCarolina, thank you for keeping it all in context?  Our children will be fighting this fight after we fail again at the polls. Sickens me. 
    The world is truly ending my friend.  I'm just hoping I can hold on long enough to make it to the Butt Blast.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Brother @JohninCarolina, as you know we are way past our historical position as super power.  Just sad to hand this mess off to our kids?  
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    In all seriousness, is there any hope at the polls? I haven't seen a candidate on either side step up and take a stand against terrorists. They all spout the same rhetoric, but I don't get the feeling that any of them have a clue what to do. Not saying that I have the answer. But when it comes time to vote I'm voting for whoever I feel will put the fight against terrorism at the forefront. Doesn't matter to me what side of the aisle they are. The economy, global warming, planned parenthood, emails, gun control, none of that matters if we can't keep our citizens of the world safe from the cowards that hide behind religion, and kill innocent people. 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    jabam said:
    In all seriousness, is there any hope at the polls? I haven't seen a candidate on either side step up and take a stand against terrorists. They all spout the same rhetoric, but I don't get the feeling that any of them have a clue what to do. Not saying that I have the answer. But when it comes time to vote I'm voting for whoever I feel will put the fight against terrorism at the forefront. Doesn't matter to me what side of the aisle they are. The economy, global warming, planned parenthood, emails, gun control, none of that matters if we can't keep our citizens of the world safe from the cowards that hide behind religion, and kill innocent people. 
    I would totally vote for you.
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    If any bodies interested in a good military counter insurgency book, "The accidental Guerilla."

We will never be done with terrorism. Only way we will be is if you exterminate everyone with opposing viewpoints.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    TERRORISM IS OUR NUMBER ONE PROBLEM IN AMERICA SOIL AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT!!!!!!!
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Terrorism is the leading cause of death for americans.  We spend the least amount of money fighting it. Our military is the most underfunded in the civilized world.  How can we with clear consciousness leave our children a world where terrorists are taking over our country as we all see on a daily basis in every part of our daily lives?!
    Stop it!
    They're gonna believe you.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Terrorism is the leading cause of death for americans.  We spend the least amount of money fighting it. Our military is the most underfunded in the civilized world.  How can we with clear consciousness leave our children a world where terrorists are taking over our country as we all see on a daily basis in every part of our daily lives?!
    Last I checked, I thought heart disease was the leading cause of death in the US?
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    DMW said:
    Last I checked, I thought heart disease was the leading cause of death in the US?
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

Humph, I thought it was stupidity. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    No that is a LIE and you know those government scientist LIE to get more money!!
    edited November 2015
    Options

Anybody notice how the arrival of NOLAEggHead brings life to a floundering thread?

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Most people I know who died died from terrorists.  I've never heard of anyone I no dying from  "heart disease".  
    Options
    No that is a LIE and you know those government scientist LIE to get more money!!
    At least your coming around.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    SGH said:
    bud812 said:
    With the lone exception of Jesus Christ, this is undeniably the greatest man to ever grace the planet with his presence. Remember him and the Glory Days that are now gone. 
    Another equally true statement is that the best movie ever made was "Bedtime For Bonzo".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @nolaegghead, my chest feels heavy, can I bequeath you my 911 before i drop a bunch of terrorists? ;)