Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody not know what's going on in Paris?

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Legume said:
    No, you don't know what in going to say.  I'm not old.  I agree, get rid of them, find a way.

The "it wouldn't happen here, I have a gun" rhetoric bugs me.  Have some sympathy for the people of France.
    I'm just surprised I haven't seen any comments here calling the French "surrender monkeys" yet.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Durangler said:
    @HeavyG
    Your solution?
    Have one?
    Punt?
    I don't really know what the solution is.

I'm pretty sure though that the simplistic "well we just need to take the fight to them and really give em what for and show them we really mean bizness this time" likely isn't going to be any more successful in the long run than our efforts in the Middle East/Southwest Asia over the past 50 years.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Please stop with "gotta have a gun" talk. I own guns, we all own guns. There were more guns in NYC, DC, and in PA on 9-11 than terrorists. Didn't stop the terrorists that day. There were more guns than terrorists in Boston, it didn't stop them. I can go on.
    To stop this, just as the King of Jordan asked, just a few days ago, is for the people of the world unite against those who conduct terrorist activities and those that support terrorism. First, flatten Syria, comb through what is left for evidence, and track those involved down and slaughter them on a world stage. 
    We need the president to lead the world decisively today. No more symbolic drone attacks. Slaughter these psychopaths in the same manner as they are doing to our brothers and sisters globally.
    We need to show them, we are better equipped and prepared to do this than they are. This is no longer about religious extremism. This is a war on idealism. This is about strength. Negotiation BS is over.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I might troll this later.  I'm on 2 hours of sleep in the past 40 and I'm drinking so it won't be pretty.  People will declare a fatwa on my ass and others will cry and seek binky.  Or not.
    I might troll this later.  I'm on 2 hours of sleep in the past 40 and I'm drinking so it won't be pretty.  People will declare a fatwa on my ass and others will cry and seek binky.  Or not.
    Who is binky?  More importantly, are you bringing her to the Butt Blast?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    Options
    I, for one, certainly have a value for your insight. You deliver an opinion based on fact,  whether popular or not. Get your rest my friend. This is a global concern, not fixed with local action in my opinion.
    I will wait on yours.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I really don't like to speculate, actually.  Once we get this analyzed, then we can either get serious with the problem solving or resume the clown show and bravado.
    Options
    I am in DC tonight. It is a bit more quiet in the Capitol of The USA, after seeing the events in the Capitol of France.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Options
    5 minutes of your time...time to throw PC out the window.   A worthwhile watch. 

Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I reserve the right to troll this later...cracks me up. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    It's like being a teen and missing the party 
    Options
    We need gravitas when dealing with problems such as terrorist attacks.   "Nuke 'em" falls a bit short.
    It's kinda hard to "nuke 'em" when they're amount the collective "us."
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    We need gravitas when dealing with problems such as terrorist attacks.   "Nuke 'em" falls a bit short.
    Ok. Precise aerial drone attacks.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Not about nukes, just clean out Syria and I S, then work down from there.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    We're complicit in some way in the past history in just about every tyrannical regime in that region.   If we build the **** pipeline will all the hawks stop trying operation "Team America" in the middle east?

Of course there isn't much need for a pipeline to move crude that costs more to extract than the market price for an estimated...I think it's three years.  Then it will help increase supply and keep prices and energy company stock from rebounding as quickly as they could.  Oh, I but I get all my information from idiot politicians! 
    Options
    Allahu Akbar?  

Read this:

Options
    I might troll this later.  I'm on 2 hours of sleep in the past 40 and I'm drinking 
    I started to troll the heck out of this thread as well. But like yourself I'm running on almost no sleep in the past two days. Been keeping real long and split shifts at work. However if the buffalo doesn't strike, tomorrow is a new day ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    I might troll this later.  I'm on 2 hours of sleep in the past 40 and I'm drinking 
    I started to troll the heck out of this thread as well. But like yourself I'm running on almost no sleep in the past two days. Been keeping real long and split shifts at work. However if the buffalo doesn't strike, tomorrow is a new day ;)
    Concur. Looking forward to thought processes that will add different direction.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Brother Yukon, what's really hard to believe is that there are people out there who just go around doing crap like this all the time. I really don't understand the joy of killing innocent people. It sure is hard to figure my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YukonRon
    Options

Allahu Akbar?  

Read this:

He meant Aloha Akbar, the dreaded Hawaiian faction, I think. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    Brother Yukon, what's really hard to believe is that there are people out there who just go around doing crap like this all the time. I really don't understand the joy of killing innocent people. It sure is hard to figure my friend. 
    This is a defining moment in the history of mankind. This will not be stopped until the psychopaths are eliminated. NOLA makes a valid point on our involvement in the support of some regimes that would/had greatly benefit our interests. But we are not the only country that has done so. Western Asia has been on frappe by all the countries in the west. No doubt some hands are bloodier than others.
    Should this indeed be the result of our history with this region, then it is up to us to fix it. 
    To think we can negotiate peace at this point is laughable at best. The world needs to eliminate the I S. After they, and those like them, are neutralized, then we can make reparations.
    Is the Irony of the name of the band that was playing in the Paris concert hall was Eagles of Death? Crazy huh? 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ISIL claimed responsibility and a Syrian passport was found on one of the attackers.  Sounds like "refugees" to me. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ISIL claimed responsibility and a Syrian passport was found on one of the attackers.  Sounds like "refugees" to me. 
    Well that settles it then - let's definitely close the borders to anyone even sporting a beard!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Well that settles it then - let's definitely close the borders to anyone even sporting a beard!

And short Canadians

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• YukonRon
    Options
    They also identified one of the suicide bombers as a French national, that left France to train in the Middle East, and came back. Traveling in the EU, outside of The U.K. Is effortless going from country to country. You can take a small boat across the water and land in Spain or any other country which shares an Eastern coastline and travel effortlessly through Europe. Great Britain, has much more tighter security. Getting back in, is not a problem.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Syrian passports for terrorists is like Mexican pottery to tourists. Everybody gets them. You can too, for about $200.00. I would be more surprised had they not had one. Syria has long been known as a terrorist state, and has provide fertile fields for those organizations to grow and prosper.
    Start with Syria, the rest will fall soon thereafter.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kthacher
    kthacher Posts: 155
    Options
    I think that these types of threads inevitably lead to politics and the associated bad blood.  There are plenty of places on the web to discuss politics and current events.  If it was up to me, then I think we should stick to egging and cooking, and that this class of thread should be deleted.  
    Winnipeg, Canada
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    What????  @kthacher, this is a political thread.  It will get deleted eventually.  Open debate while egging is sticking to egging and cooking, right?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga