Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 2nd Annual Briscket Camp Roll Call - WHOOP! WHOOP!

Options
Let me know if you're attending, where you're staying (our fine team of lawyers want to keep on top of future customers).

I was thinking about starting an SMS group text of attendees, let me know if you're interested in that..probably start that this weekend because the volume of text will wear out your phone.  PM me your phone number (cell) and when I start it, I'll send vCards of everyone on so you'll know who they are (.vcf files).

Oct 17th is the day.

Anyone can cook, I'll need some help with food prep.  We're getting hammered on a boat on Thurday, setting up Friday, probably do some breakfast Sunday with bloody marys if anyone is still sober or not hung over too much to function.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Also, depending on changing conditions, I may be able to pick people up from the airport or arrange for a pickup.  I will need to know how many and if it's just one person, how big your luggage is (if it will fit in the 2-seater).
    Options
    The new place has a commercial kitchen.   (can you tell I'm trying to bump my post count up?)
    Options

I was thinking about starting an SMS group text of attendees, let me know if you're interested in that..probably start that this weekend because the volume of text will wear out your phone.
    You're starting a new forum for brisket camp?
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a forum.  It's a cell phone group text.
    Options
    I'm driving down.  Bringing 2 buddies with me. It wasn't hard. I told them everyone there could cook as good as me if not better. We're staying at the airport comfort suites. Add me to your text list.  

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Flying in Sat and out Sun.  Looking forward to some good wreckage
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    On the road Friday through Thursday afternoon. Unlikely I'll make it, game time decision.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Nola.....I'm not coming, but did consider it for a few when I learned they moved our game with LSU to Baton Rouge. We appreciate the flexability of your state breathern. not sure I could hang around NO for that long a time. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    Damn I'll miss it again, but would love to see some of the texts!!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Flying in Friday lunch time. @henapple is already trying to get me to make his breakfast on Sat, so I'm bringing my wife for defense. 

Staying in a house on Bouny. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'll be there, staying in whichever gutter is closest at the end of the night. Arrive Thursday early afternoon. Add me to the SMS, you got my digits.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'll be there Thursday morning, ready to represent Baltimore by doing my best Poe impression when spooning DMW in the nearest gutter.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I'll be there! Staying at Pontchatrain Landing RV Park. Getting in Thursday.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I'm in and will help with taxi service. Add me to text
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    I will be there you've got my cell I believe. 
    New Orleans LA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Thanks y'all.  We're gonna have some fun.  Like I said, I'm one block away from the location, which is 900 Elmira.  I'm right around the corner on the 500 block of Belleville - only house with a boat in the driveway.
    Options
    In Friday , out Sunday.  Want to share a ride @theyolksonyou ? I have to check my flight times. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I think I can get these guys to play.  Maybe we could put the band across the street at Dave's place facing the cooking area....hmmm...

http://video.wgno.com/Legacy-Brass-Band-Plays-All-of-Me-on-the-Twist-Stage-26253080

edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm in the middle of a career change, staring a job with a new company next week. I'm non-stop busy, so no boat ride for me. It's possible I can help set-up Friday, out Sunday. I'll plan on being there Saturday, I'll help anyway needed.
    I'm making a run to Bourgeois in Thibodaux to pick up some of the "worlds greatest boudin" for all to try. If ya need anything else lemee know.
    www.bourgeoismeatmarket.com
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @caliking we arrive Friday @11:27. It'll be my wife and I and we are staying on bouny st near the ferry. Be glad to ride share. Just let me know. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    fusionhq said:
    Damn I'll miss it again, but would love to see some of the texts!!
    I've been stuck in bed most of this week and at several Drs offices. I too could use some awe inspiring entertainment. Have fun everybody.  You've got my phonetic digits Carey :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @TigerTony I can't wait for dat boudin!
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    TigerTony said:

I'm making a run to Bourgeois in Thibodaux to pick up some of the "worlds greatest boudin" for all to try. If ya need anything else lemee know.
    www.bourgeoismeatmarket.com
    @TigerTony - cracklin?  :)
    New Orleans LA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    It's killing me that I can't make it. I envisioned it as a father-son thing but with my son away at college and us having an empty nest there was no way this was going down without my wife.... and then my daughter says "you can't go to New Orleans without me" so I started looking at airfare months ago but flights weren't cheap and it was going to be over $2500 just for airfare for about 36 hours there and I just couldn't justify it.  Sorry.  I would have loved to see the expressions on my wife's face as the debauchery devolved...  My kids would have embraced it.

Anyway, please post a bunch of pics and keep the rest of us in the loop.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Foghorn - we'll sorely miss you.  Hopefully there will be plenty of social media posted so you can enjoy it (or be thankful you're not there) vicariously. ;)
    I'll be there.  Getting in on Thursday around 5, leaving Sunday morning, hopefully with an intact liver.  Staying at the B&B on the Point.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I'll be there.  Getting in on Thursday around 5, leaving Sunday morning, hopefully with an intact liver.  Staying at the B&B on the Point.  

Are driving or flying? We are staying at the same B&B will pick you up at airport if needed
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @Foghorn - we'll sorely miss you.  Hopefully there will be plenty of social media posted so you can enjoy it (or be thankful you're not there) vicariously. ;)
    We could have had 2 Duke fans! I am very disappointed.