Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @WeberWho - Hi speed brisket cook for sure.  Enjoy the groceries.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho - Hi speed brisket cook for sure.  Enjoy the groceries.  
    Thanks Lou! The smoker was hanging around 275 degrees. It ended up being just shy of 40 minutes/lb 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Still blown away when I hear @lousubcap called Frank. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Watching UNC puke on themselves. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @jeffwit -  I agree but what can you do... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Watching Penn State take Ohio State to the woodshed.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,170
    Options
    That was pitiful 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    That was pitiful 
    Battle of attrition. No reason UM should be 8. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    First time cooking on the patio:

Here's the reason I haven't moved in fully:

Something went wrong between the stain in the concrete and the sealer. The contractor called me about it before I even knew it was a problem and assured me he'd make it right. He stopped by yesterday and presented a few options. One of the options is putting down pavers, for a very reasonable uplift (as in, I've spent more cooking for an eggfest)

Right now, I think that's the way we'll go, as we planned the patio low enough so pavers would be an option in the future.

For now, there's some potatoes on the KJ Jr.

And prime strip steaks on deck.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    @DMW I would be shocked if as the sealer wore off the concrete didn’t cure to a uniform color. It doesn’t appear as though the concrete has stain in it? It appears as though a sealer was applied prior to the concrete drying out. Hard to tell from pictures. I would sit on it for a while. Good luck. 
  • DMW
    Options
    @DMW I would be shocked if as the sealer wore off the concrete didn’t cure to a uniform color. It doesn’t appear as though the concrete has stain in it? It appears as though a sealer was applied prior to the concrete drying out. Hard to tell from pictures. I would sit on it for a while. Good luck. 
    Hmm...the color has changed since it was done, for sure. The concrete has a grey stain in it, so it isn't readily apparent, but it's more grey than the typical light brownish concrete color. And your theory of sealer being applied too soon would certainly make sense.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pgprescott
    Options
    DMW said:
    Hmm...the color has changed since it was done, for sure. The concrete has a grey stain in it, so it isn't readily apparent, but it's more grey than the typical light brownish concrete color. And your theory of sealer being applied too soon would certainly make sense.
    Especially if it is a high end product like tnemec. It will almost act like stain applied to wood. The nuances in the concrete will be accentuated. The concrete will naturally lighten as it cures. The sealer will retard this and make it look blotchy. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    The fat lady had not sung at that point.. wow what a game
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • pgprescott
    Options
    My nephews are dancing right now! Brother taught at PSU, but I think he’s a buckeye now. He said he knew the exact point at which he became a true Buckeye. It was in 2002 when they won the National championship and he was overcome with the desire to flip cars and light them on fire! LOL!
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Loaded potato soup on a cool rainy day. 

• DMW
    Options
    Dinner turned out decent. I didn't have any potatoes, carbs and all ya know...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Getting the fancy China out for soup?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    Options

Getting the fancy China out for soup?
    That's high brow for the garage 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Indeed it was pretty early when things looked one-sided.  I didn't have a dog in the fight, just wanted to see a good game, and boy did we get one.  
  • DMW
    Options
    Indeed it was pretty early when things looked one-sided.  I didn't have a dog in the fight, just wanted to see a good game, and boy did we get one.  
    That was a terrible, awful, no good, very bad outcome.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I left the basement door open tonight while cooking, drinking, watching football. My basement is now infested with flies. I am now on a mission with a flyswatter.

Why are there still flies around on October 28th? This ain't right.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    I left the basement door open tonight while cooking, drinking, watching football. My basement is now infested with flies. I am now on a mission with a flyswatter.

You should give the flyswatter to Dylan - he's a man!  
  • DMW
    Options
    DMW said:

You should give the flyswatter to Dylan - he's a man!  
    He's like a 90 minute drive from here. I wonder if I pay for his Uber ride if he'd show up and take care of things?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    You need a Bug A Salt @DMW
  • DMW
    Options
    You need a Bug A Salt @DMW
    Do those work inside? Not sure I want salt all over my basement.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• lousubcap
    Options
    @DMW - you also have to be able to reasonably focus on the target.  The kill ratio goes down as the adult beverages go up.  I would suggest an early morning purge.  ;)
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Mrs. Bucky treated me to this tonight.  http://ivansrestaurant.com   
    We only go there once or twice a year, but he comes the closest to grilling a steak as good as mine.  It was a treat for sure.  By the way I got the pan seared duck breast. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Enjoy the game Eggers. 
    Las Vegas, NV