Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @YukonRon while my SWMBOJr didn't wreck her/my car, she did get a reckless 83 in a 55 zone ticket. Potential loss of license and she's in college 3 hours away.  SWMBOSr. is on the phone with attorney right now. 

Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @YukonRon .  Wine helps. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited October 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    blasting said:

Wondering if there are places where you can put a 15 year old up for adoption...

I think @YukonRon can assist. He's got a basement with a locked door. 
    Our daughter just wrecked her car. It never ends. I would lock her in the basement, but she would drink all of my wine in the cellar.
    Man I am sorry to hear about this as I know you have been struggling to keep cars on the road. Probably setting you back a little on the home rehab project.

What is the score card look like now? Is she gaining on your son's stellar driving record? Laughing with you my friend....not at you on this one.
    Son leads the pack, by far. It will be hard for anyone to catch his record for totals. She has had two wrecks involving 3 cars, none of which have been total loss. Hope it stays that way.

Finally finishing the bathroom upstairs this week. Starting downstairs bathroom next next. That has been another nightmare, to say the least.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    @YukonRon while my SWMBOJr didn't wreck her/my car, she did get a reckless 83 in a 55 zone ticket. Potential loss of license and she's in college 3 hours away.  SWMBOSr. is on the phone with attorney right now. 

Wow. I would say she is lucky she is 3 hours away. Our daughter would envy the protection of prison, after her mother got through with her, which she will never, ever, let go.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Sorry to hear this @YukonRon .  Wine helps. 
    lots of wine helps.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Leaving the oral surgeon after having a tooth extraction and bone graft.  Will be be having a pain consultation with a Dr. Evan Williams later this afternoon.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

Wow. I would say she is lucky she is 3 hours away. Our daughter would envy the protection of prison, after her mother got through with her, which she will never, ever, let go.
    It's 83... we've all been there. I got a warning doing 119 in a 55. Oh the good ol' days...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @DoubleEgger - I'm not gonna ask about the back story but that is an impressive maneuver right there.  Congrats, all my true high speed captures ended before the judge.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    4 inches of rain since Sunday.  Still raining.  I heard we had a record setting dry September and now a record setting wet October.

https://youtu.be/fpgiFh66swc
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    4 inches of rain since Sunday.  Still raining.  I heard we had a record setting dry September and now a record setting wet October.

25 ft waves on Superior. Grab a surfboard! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    kl8ton said:

No thanks.  That lake is consistently in the 50 degree range.  One buoy registred a 28.8 footer!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Sirloin tips about to come off the grill.. so it'll be time to masticate again!!~~
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Sirloin tips about to come off the grill.. so it'll be time to masticate again!!~~
    Masticating is a blast! Try going at it with the opposite hand. It's sloppy work, but a nice change of pace, nonetheless. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

It's 83... we've all been there. I got a warning doing 119 in a 55. Oh the good ol' days...
    That is exactly what I use.....throw no stones..

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Masticating is a blast! Try going at it with the opposite hand. It's sloppy work, but a nice change of pace, nonetheless. 
    Oh, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!!~~  8 - )
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    ColtsFan said:
    kl8ton said:

No thanks.  That lake is consistently in the 50 degree range.  One buoy registred a 28.8 footer!
    I’ve swam in that lake before. Severe shrinkage factor. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    edited October 2017
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    kl8ton said:
    ColtsFan said:
    kl8ton said:

I’ve swam in that lake before. Severe shrinkage factor. 
    Did that in Lake Huron on a July 4th in Tawas City, Mi. That was a shock. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Fuel loading for game one of the World Series, pacing myself.  Hoping for a seven game run to extend the series as long as possible.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited October 2017
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

I pulled something close to that in a Lexus that wasn't mine when I was in college.  Then I traded positions with the owner and he wrecked the car (with me in the passenger side) doing 85 on a back road in NH that was built for 35 at most.    Crash happened about 100 yards from my house.  All of the neighbors came out of their homes to see what all the racket was about.  

My father was neither pleased nor impressed with me, to say the least.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I pulled something close to that in a Lexus that wasn't mine when I was in college.  Then I traded positions with the owner and he wrecked the car (with me in the passenger side) doing 85 on a back road in NH that was built for 35 at most.    Crash happened about 100 yards from my house.  All of the neighbors came out of their homes to see what all the racket was about.  

My father was neither pleased nor impressed with me, to say the least.  

Sounds like my early driving years.  My parents still have not thanked me for all the boys in blue they had the opportunity to meet when they'd stop by the house looking for me.

Phoenix 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Watching Inside Combat Rescue "This Is A Nightmare" Afghanistan, on National Geographic.  PJs are attempting IVs, IO( into bone), then finally an IV into a 12 yr old boy with a gunshot wound to the head, for a hypertonic fluid bolus.  They got him to surgery....full recovery.  Ho, Lee, Fock.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

You guys speed? What's your hurry? Perhaps you should have left sooner.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

You guys speed? What's your hurry? Perhaps you should have left sooner.
    Heck I got two speeding tickets in the same day. One going to work and one going home. Lol. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Turkey Tuesday.  Best turkey I've made actually.  Squash casserole, garlic cream cheese sour cream mashed spuds.

Phoenix 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Lying on the ground wondering if I will ever get up again.  Wondering if being fat is really all that bad, because this exercising will kill me first.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

150 in a 60.  I'm still driving so i didn't get caught.  
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

I have never sped, rolled a stop sign, or made an illegal u-turn.  You folks should all be ashamed of yourselves putting others at risk for a rush.  You law breakers.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    JethroVA said:

I have never sped, rolled a stop sign, or made an illegal u-turn.  You folks should all be ashamed of yourselves putting others at risk for a rush.  You law breakers.
    Yeah, right. Unless you have done 110 in an AMC Pacer, you don't know danger.
    Ain't sayin', just sayin'.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky