Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    da87 said:
    Thanks @Foghorn, São Paulo and Rio (only for a day). Here's yesterday's lunch in Rio - family style there with 4 different cuts of beef and a sausage starter....  one tiny bowl of steamed veggies and four platters of beef

That ratio seems perfectly appropriate.  We didn't make it to Sao Paulo or Rio.  We went to Manaus/Amazon, Salvador, and Morro de Sao Paulo (ironically nowhere near Sao Paulo), but had a great trip.  Enjoy your time there even though it is "work".

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Putting the Out of Office on my phone and email.  My boss is in town from SF and wants to meet with me before I leave for vacation……….

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,466
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Legume said:
    PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System, Covers up to 1/2 Acre, for Dogs over 8 lb., Waterproof Receiver with Tone / Static Correction https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001ZWZ8O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CV1GzbJ2BC7Y8

Not sure how large of an area you need to cover, but you can setup several of these in overlapping circles.  We used them for about 10 years and they worked great.

Looking at doing 4-7 acres.  4 now and then adding another 3 when the corn gets harvested.  I don't have power except in the barn and the house, which are pretty close to each other.  I know I can do it my self for =/- $400.  I just don't feel like it. 
    We have probably 2 ac fenced.  

We have the Stubborn Dog Fence, will go to 25ac - http://amzn.to/2vmvIz9

I highly recommend getting solid copper wire from the start and go with 16-18ga.  I used stranded for a while and kept getting breaks.  

Get a large spool of twisted pair, solid, for places you want to cancel out the RF so the collar will not pick up that RF.  

We live back off the road, have woods on sides and rear, and I just laid the line on top of the the leaves and let mother nature bury it.  

In the yard, I bought some metal stakes to stake the line down so the mower doesn't pick it up and cut it or tripping hazard.  After a while, the line sinks into the ground.  So I didn't bury anything.  If you needed to do that, you could rent a walkbehind edger or you may know someone that has one to make a trench for the places you might have.  
    Well this would be about 1/10 of the price of invisible fence.  Thanks for the recommendation Matt.  I may be going this route.  I used to have a walk behind edger.  I think my BIL might have it now.  I can borrow it.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    Legume said:
    PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment System, Covers up to 1/2 Acre, for Dogs over 8 lb., Waterproof Receiver with Tone / Static Correction https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001ZWZ8O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CV1GzbJ2BC7Y8

Not sure how large of an area you need to cover, but you can setup several of these in overlapping circles.  We used them for about 10 years and they worked great.

Looking at doing 4-7 acres.  4 now and then adding another 3 when the corn gets harvested.  I don't have power except in the barn and the house, which are pretty close to each other.  I know I can do it my self for =/- $400.  I just don't feel like it. 

I highly recommend getting solid copper wire from the start and go with 16-18ga.  I used stranded for a while and kept getting breaks.  

Get a large spool of twisted pair, solid, for places you want to cancel out the RF so the collar will not pick up that RF.  

We live back off the road, have woods on sides and rear, and I just laid the line on top of the the leaves and let mother nature bury it.  

In the yard, I bought some metal stakes to stake the line down so the mower doesn't pick it up and cut it or tripping hazard.  After a while, the line sinks into the ground.  So I didn't bury anything.  If you needed to do that, you could rent a walkbehind edger or you may know someone that has one to make a trench for the places you might have.  
    Well this would be about 1/10 of the price of invisible fence.  Thanks for the recommendation Matt.  I may be going this route.  I used to have a walk behind edger.  I think my BIL might have it now.  I can borrow it.
    EBay was the cheapest on wire for both single and twisted pair. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Requires no comment....picture says it all. Enjoy your evening.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Legume said:

There is nothing wrong with just laying it and letting mom nature bury it on the edge of woods, with one exception. If you ever  think you may airrate  sure you bury it deeper than a plug airrater. 
    My A$$hat neighbor did not do that and he took hours fixing it.  I laughed like crazy at him.  He is a total a$$h0le.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I am trying to break my broody hen.  Having a stand off preventing her from getting back to the nest box.  She is not happy.... 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Picked my boat up after servicing at the dealer.  Had some significant issues but all is well now.  Except my retirement horizon has been extended.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,853
    Options
    @bgebrent - I would guess by around a day or so or perhaps one more surgery.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - I would guess by around a day or so or perhaps one more surgery.  ;)
    Cap, could've bought a nice used car on this one.  You know boats better than me.  Everything is expensive, before the mark-up.  Labor is $125/hr.  Makes my 911 seem reasonable.  Oh well, we're back on top.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Cap, could've bought a nice used car on this one.  You know boats better than me.  Everything is expensive, before the mark-up.  Labor is $125/hr.  Makes my 911 seem reasonable.  Oh well, we're back on top.
    I've found this to be true.  The best two days of owning a boat, is the day you buy it and the day you sell it.   =)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    #firstworldproblems. #yourealreadydeaddontsweatit
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    I've found this to be true.  The best two days of owning a boat, is the day you buy it and the day you sell it.   =)
    You speak the truth.  However, I love my boat.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bgebrent - I doubt I know pleasure boats better than you.  Only owned three (1 outboard powered stateside, 1 inboard with the first V-8 I ever owned (cars included) (307 chevy-marine modified) in Italy, then a great sailboat also stateside) but you are definitely right.  Toss marine on the facilities/accessories and bend over for the deal.  The other ones I only was responsible for at the pleasure of the gubmint.  Definitely cheaper in the long run as long as I didn't do anything stupid.  ;)
    Gotta be outside the planning phase to deal with this at the height of the season as opposed to gearing up for the front-end.  BTW- plenty of water in the lake?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Snapped a picture of @bgebrent making his way home tonight in his newly serviced boat: new numbers and all.
    I've got a nice bottle of red wine in the green cooler for you miah.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - I doubt I know pleasure boats better than you.  Only owned three (1 outboard powered stateside, 1 inboard with the first V-8 I ever owned (cars included) (307 chevy-marine modified) in Italy, then a great sailboat also stateside) but you are definitely right.  Toss marine on the facilities/accessories and bend over for the deal.  The other ones I only was responsible for at the pleasure of the gubmint.  Definitely cheaper in the long run as long as I didn't do anything stupid.  ;)
    Gotta be outside the planning phase to deal with this at the height of the season as opposed to gearing up for the front-end.  BTW- plenty of water in the lake?  
    The lakes down 6.  Not too unusual.  And you can never afford to do anything stupid on a boat.  Seriously.   =)
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    The lakes down 6.  Not too unusual.  And you can never afford to do anything stupid on a boat.  Seriously.   =)
    Like not be legal?  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    lousubcap said:
    Like not be legal?  
    You didn't pitch in thunderdome.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just got done with calls and emails. Had a break for dinner, cooked for one tonight.

Great grub for one Dwayne.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @tarheelmatt- I appreciate that there are some shenanigans that may/or may not have occurred (in GA) recently and for that the guilty parties are definitely remorseful.  
    But there are orders of magnitude difference between legal and stupid (boats, cars or anything else driven/piloted) as I'm sure you are aware.  However, in this day and age the line between stupid and those who think they are responsible has closed to a point where I doubt most behind the wheel (tiller) of any moving craft to be responsible.
    Off the Friday-eve soap-box.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,647
    Options
    da87 said:
    Typical lunch today, business trip to Brazil

Details, please.  What cut of meat is that?  Whats in the sauce?  Looks yummy!  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @tarheelmatt- I appreciate that there are some shenanigans that may/or may not have occurred (in GA) recently and for that the guilty parties are definitely remorseful.  
    But there are orders of magnitude difference between legal and stupid (boats, cars or anything else driven/piloted) as I'm sure you are aware.  However, in this day and age the line between stupid and those who think they are responsible has closed to a point where I doubt most behind the wheel (tiller) of any moving craft to be responsible.
    Off the Friday-eve soap-box.
    So damned true Cap.  Helped me decide to leave cycling.  Sad but clearly true.  The waters are every bit as bad.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @bgebrent - never forget that to be the DSMF (dumb $hit Mother F---er) on a boat only requires $$.  That itself has given me pause for many decades but combine that with the continuous distractions ( and jet-ski heroes) presents the ever increasing challenges on any enclosed body of water.  Now off the second soap-box tonight but this topic really needs attention.  I will refrain from any more comments on this topic on Thursday eve.  Have a great night-and behave behind the wheel of that 911.  Loved mine for 29+ years.  
  • bgebrent
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - never forget that to be the DSMF (dumb $hit Mother F---er) on a boat only requires $$.  That itself has given me pause for many decades but combine that with the continuous distractions ( and jet-ski heroes) presents the ever increasing challenges on any enclosed body of water.  Now off the second soap-box tonight but this topic really needs attention.  I will refrain from any more comments on this topic on Thursday eve.  Have a great night-and behave behind the wheel of that 911.  Loved mine for 29+ years.  
    Love my 911 Cap!  We both could be joined on the soap box all night long.  Thankfully there are folks like you, who are educated in boating that I enjoy every time out.  I can't promise good behavior in the 911.  Can't.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Reliving some of the music of my youth.  I miss the '70'https://youtu.be/KRvYSZNyo8M

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Sometimes, I hate my job. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    @Dyal_SC
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    If we ever meet, I'll share with you the details of the Shock Trauma handshake. Misery loves company.