Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    YukonRon said:
    Just finished yard work, cooking some ribs, and getting ready to do some work on the house.   i
    Your grass is beautiful. That's next summer's project for us. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Focker said:

Also some upholstery work.  

You know you can get that upholstery mend material in multiple colors now....you can even get it in your favorite college team colors / logos. Nice job by the way.
    Thanks, didn't know that.
    The duct tape was on hand from the kitchen refresh project.  That duct tape grey pops, works great with the tan interior.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Focker said:
    Focker said:

Also some upholstery work.  

You know you can get that upholstery mend material in multiple colors now....you can even get it in your favorite college team colors / logos. Nice job by the way.
    Thanks, didn't know that.
    The duct tape was on hand from the kitchen refresh project.  That duct tape grey pops, works great with the tan interior.  ;)
    Guys pay a lot extra for the two tone accent interiors.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    It's 110 here, just snuck over to my sister in laws house and used their pool. About to break into the case of beer at my house and reheat some left over ribs on the Weber. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,611
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    kl8ton said:
    YukonRon said:
    Shoveling more money in the pit.
    Have you tried a smaller shovel?Image result for a small shovel
    You can do that,  but it requires larger bills. 
    Or more reps...

Using this shovel to throw large bills in the money pit 24/7. impresses the bank tellers at the drive up window.
    I think I need a bigger one.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    SciAggie said:
    YukonRon said:
    Just finished yard work, cooking some ribs, and getting ready to do some work on the house.   i
    Your grass is beautiful. That's next summer's project for us. 
    Mostly crab grass but it covers the red dirt. Thank you for the kind words.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 Posts: 171
    I know I'll get s**t for this but just got done cutting grass now I'm drinking Busch Light and  cooking a beer can chicken. 
    BGE XL June 2017 Flameboss 300 February 2018 Mini max July 2018 Lima, Ohio 
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Potty training a two year old. Day one almost complete and only on accident...so far. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• pgprescott
    Jeremiah said:
    @Zeiger88 please remove that Busch light from the egg mate. You are tarnishing an otherwise good egg. 
    Should he replace with a lowenbrau?
  • Zeiger88
    Jeremiah said:
    @Zeiger88 please remove that Busch light from the egg mate. You are tarnishing an otherwise good egg. 
    I'm a hillbilly I grew up on Busch Light I just really like it.  I knew I would catch s**t for it that's why I like this forum. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Jeremiah said:
    To each his own, hell my wife still microwaves bacon. I don't judge...well I do, but...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • pgprescott
    Zeiger88 said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I'm a hillbilly I grew up on Busch Light I just really like it.  I knew I would catch s**t for it that's why I like this forum. 
    Working mans beer right there! As the late great Harry Carey said "the only beer that can say it's own name", Busch! As you pop the top! Cheers! 
  • Zeiger88
    Zeiger88 said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Working mans beer right there! As the late great Harry Carey said "the only beer that can say it's own name", Busch! As you pop the top! Cheers! 
    It is the working mans beer. I cut grass and work on stuff and always have a Busch Light within arms reach. 
  • Zeiger88
    By the way here is the done beer can chicken. It's injected with  Italian dressing and rubbed down with meadow creek  barbecue rub. 
  • Jeremiah
    Well at least you covered up that beer. Lol
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    YukonRon said:
    kl8ton said:
    YukonRon said:
    Shoveling more money in the pit.
    Have you tried a smaller shovel?Image result for a small shovel
    You can do that,  but it requires larger bills. 
    Or more reps...

Using this shovel to throw large bills in the money pit 24/7. impresses the bank tellers at the drive up window.
    I think I need a bigger one.
    The shovel was a truly ground breaking invention, wasn't it?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    I would be remiss if I didn't post "Life is too short for lite/light beer."  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Zeiger88
    Jeremiah said:
    Well at least you covered up that beer. Lol
    Lol it won't tarnish the egg mate
  • Focker
    edited August 2017
    Man, does all of that look good.
    The bacon to bush ratio is perfect.
    I need to hit up the farmer's market this weekend.  Thanks for the push.  B)

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited August 2017
    A little more paint for the plate, and dirt cheap Gander badges, matches the Hoyt Carbon Spyder.
    Recaulked the roof on the camper.  Removing the old was fun.  Local Jayco dealer was bought out recently by Camping World.  They wanted to charge me $27 to join the club? WTF?
    I need to find another dealer.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited August 2017
    Zeiger88 said:
    Zeiger88 said:
    Jeremiah said:
    It is the working mans beer. I cut grass and work on stuff and always have a Busch Light within arms reach. 
    Shake off the haters, there's nothing wrong with Busch.  My daily BOC is Bud.  Have a case of Revolution Fist City in the fridge, my most favorite.  Newcastle is up there too for store bought stuff.

Chicken looks good btw.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• YukonRon
    Busch Light?
    Did he use a real beer can for the chicken?
    Somebody needs a hug........
    Calling @tarheelmatt!!!!! Get your jumper!
    Hug is on the way....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jeremiah
    Moss water....
  • Zeiger88
    Focker said:
    Zeiger88 said:
    Zeiger88 said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Shake off the haters, there's nothing wrong with Busch.  My daily BOC is Bud.  Have a case of Revolution Fist City in the fridge, my most favorite.  Newcastle is up there too for store bought stuff.

Chicken looks good btw.
    Thanks for the compliment on the chicken. It was very good. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Enjoying an Abita Andygator while in Juno Beach, FL for work. The waves out here were killer today!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Just got done installing an exhaust fan in my crawl space with a humidistat to keep moisture levels down 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Focker
    Too sunburnt and worn down to cook, so I drove to the Arby's "Meat Mountain" slumm-it. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities