Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,371
    Options
    @Battleborn I am sorry for the family of the fallen officer, both in his personal and professional life.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,732
    Options
    Botch said:

Wow, you go for max sear at the beginning!  
    I've had pork TL's cooked like that, that were perfection, but have not seen it on a beef briskie before.  

Oh no, I start off with a cold smoker and like to run about 225 and where I can clearly see blue smoke coming out of my stack i until about 5 hours in when I start running up temps.

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,633
    Options
    Legume said:
    I think that’s just a split of wood in the firebox @Botch
    Oh yeah; pretty sharp 60˚corners on that thing, d'Oh....

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,705
    Options
    Every once in a while Dusty gets that toothpick stuck vertically in his mouth. Watch for it.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Pena dang near dropped it.  That could have been the mistake everyone remembered from the series.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Legume
    Options
    Pena dang near dropped it.  That could have been the mistake everyone remembered from the series.
    I’ll bet he got an earful.  That was just lazy.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    Every once in a while Dusty gets that toothpick stuck vertically in his mouth. Watch for it.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Yeah buddy!!  That was a great game.
  • Legume
    Options
    Good call on the lean in.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Legume said:
    Good call on the lean in.
    Definitely, Aleydmiez didn't help his cause by leaning in on the prior pitch. Not a great showing by an ex-cardinal.  He is much better than that.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,546
    Options
    T minus 24 hours to Disney. Packing. Yay
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I bet you’ll enjoy it once you’re there. We took our girls six years ago when they were 10 and 7 and everyone had a blast.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Enjoy!  We did Disney for many years in a row when the kids were younger.  If you haven't done it before, my advice is to relax and enjoy it.  It isn't a race and you don't get a medal for seeing it all
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• Legume
    Options
    Lifelong Giants fan. I loved Dusty, old school  baseball man, trusts his gut, trusts his players, keeps a good clubhouse.  A lot of similarities between him and Bochy, the differences being Bochy isn’t inclined to overthink and Dusty just isn’t a closer.  Saw it in SF, in Washington and now in Houston.  That WS loss to the Angels is camped out in his head, probably forever.
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    Options
    I grew up in California going to OG Disney.  As an adult, never took the kids to DW, always DL.  It was a combination of old school stubborn and history/nostalgia and I found DW to be a little intimidating (not to mention the cost difference when I was on the west coast).  Maybe I’ll get there someday.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,633
    Options
    It's Oct 29, 8:10 pm.  THREE of the cities around me are having "fireworks finales" going on right now.  I'm familiar with the mormon holidays, this isn't one of them.  What's going on?
    Did traitortrump die?
    Did Biden?
    Did putin?

I'll click on the news once college FB is done, but what's going on??  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,418
    Options
    Botch said:
    It's Oct 29, 8:10 pm.  THREE of the cities around me are having "fireworks finales" going on right now.  I'm familiar with the mormon holidays, this isn't one of them.  What's going on?
    Did traitortrump die?
    Did Biden?
    Did putin?

Nevada Day celebration. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• littlerascal56
    Options
    Botch said:
    Did traitortrump die?
    Did Biden?
    Did putin?

Biden died.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,418
    Options
    1-1. On to Phily. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Some pics of a 12” floating spring floor 35’x35’ we are installing that will eventually be raised 2” after we build a chamber on top of it. Always amazing how well the Latinos work together. 

A bit out of order but you get the idea. 

Snellville, GA

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,804
    Options
    @Eggdicted_Dawgfan - I'm guessing another dead quiet room.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @lousubcap to our ears it will definitely be dead quiet. Using instruments to measure, we need to hit around 4db inside or lower. Time will tell. A lot of work between now and test day. 
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Some pics of a 12” floating spring floor 35’x35’ we are installing that will eventually be raised 2” after we build a chamber on top of it. Always amazing how well the Latinos work together. 

A bit out of order but you get the idea. 

That looks like an immense undertaking.  What will it ultimately be used for?
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited October 2022
    Options
    So not thinking earlier I grabbed a frozen turkey breast from Kroger to cook for dinner. I did not thaw it, seasoned it and threw it on the egg and it's been cooking since about 1pm. internal temp is about 120 now. Am I risking salmonella or something if we eat this? I know there is a window of time to get it out of the danger zone of 40-140 degrees. Dunno what I was thinking earlier and should have just tried to thaw it.

Edit: follow up, so the IT reached 165 in about 4hrs. So I'm thinking everything should be safe. Thoughts?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.