Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,633
    Options
    So not thinking earlier I grabbed a frozen turkey breast from Kroger to cook for dinner. I did not thaw it, seasoned it and threw it on the egg and it's been cooking since about 1pm. internal temp is about 120 now. Am I risking salmonella or something if we eat this? I know there is a window of time to get it out of the danger zone of 40-140 degrees. Dunno what I was thinking earlier and should have just tried to thaw it.

Edit: follow up, so the IT reached 165 in about 4hrs. So I'm thinking everything should be safe. Thoughts?
    I'm sure it's safe; the outer "shell" of meat may be quite dry, however.  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,371
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac it will eventually be a hemi-anechoic test chamber. 35x35x18. The whole structure will weigh about 290k lbs and will be floating 2” on about 130 springs. This one will be used by Techtronics. Their ultimate goal is to reduce the noise pollution of the Ryobi zero turn mowers. But this will see many other Ryobi R&D projects in the future. I’ll share some more pics as we progress with the build. 
    That is an amazing chamber.  I did not realize all the effort that went into isolating nthe floor too.  Very cool to see, thank you for sharing.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,418
    Options
    tcampbell said:
    Sealing outdoor counter tops.
    Very cool. I just started looking at ideas on Pinterest for mine when we move into our new house. It will be no where a grand as yours, but I’m excited. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,804
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @tcampbell - Pray that @TEXASBGE2018 does not view your pics including the lawn.  He may never recover. (Yes, there is a forum history there.)  B)
    If you somehow survive that, you have one he!! of a great outdoor living space.  Impressive across the board.
    Care to share in your sig line your ball-park location? 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    tcampbell said:
    Sealing outdoor counter tops.
    Very cool. I just started looking at ideas on Pinterest for mine when we move into our new house. It will be no where a grand as yours, but I’m excited. 
    Just start small and add when you can. That's what I had to do.
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Options
    @tcampbell- That is beautiful!  Enjoy!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Why am I not surprised?

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • ThermanMurch
    Options
    I’m unsure if this is the correct place for a question, but can anyone explain the off topic area?  I didn’t read much, but it’s fascinating and disturbing.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    I’m unsure if this is the correct place for a question, but can anyone explain the off topic area?  I didn’t read much, but it’s fascinating and disturbing.

It's oftentimes like a sandbox where the Hatfield's and McCoy's will play.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    “fascinating and disturbing” indeed:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    haha I’d forgotten this was you:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2667645/#Comment_2667645
  • ThermanMurch
    Options
    Hey!  That’s me!  And you!

I’m fascinated by the OT section.  I jumped in prematurely then decided to read up more.  I’d hate it if I was living rent free in your head this whole time.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,804
    Options
    At the risk of the obvious, when not pounding the keys, giving out full-sized candy bars to the door bell ringers.  Only once a year and all good with it as I was a recipient back when the treat didn't have to be dang near bullet proof to get to the insides.  And the beat goes on-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hey!  That’s me!  And you!

I’m fascinated by the OT section.  I jumped in prematurely then decided to read up more.  I’d hate it if I was living rent free in your head this whole time.

Something tells me there are many things in your life that have been … premature.

Welcome to the forum pal!
  • Battleborn
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    At the risk of the obvious, when not pounding the keys, giving out full-sized candy bars to the door bell ringers.  Only once a year and all good with it as I was a recipient back when the treat didn't have to be dang near bullet proof to get to the insides.  And the beat goes on-
    I’m guessing I won’t have to go past both hands to count the number of kids we get. Hopefully next year our area will be younger. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,705
    Options
    We’ve had 7 groups, probably 25-30 kids so far, not 7PM yet.
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,955
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I live on a black hole down a steep starecase on a dead end no light street. The full sized snicker bars are mine.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We probably handed out well over 100 pieces of candy tonight, despite the rain.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,955
    Options
    Snickers in the freezer, Reece's on the counter at work.  Nobody comes down this road
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Options
    The problem with our current neighborhood is the average age of the residents is approximately 750. Couple that with a large population of folks who don’t participate in secular holidays and there is no one. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,633
    Options
    It took 27 years of carefully cultivating my evil reputation, but I think I may have finally won.  7:50 pm, and NO doorbell rings!  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Haven't had a child in 3 years.  We always have candy just in case, but our area is secluded and density of homes is to low for kids to try.  Gated drives doesn't really help either.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Haven't had a child in 3 years.  We always have candy just in case, but our area is secluded and density of homes is to low for kids to try.  Gated drives doesn't really help either.
    You sure it’s not all the satanic rituals that are the turn off for the parents and kids?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    You sure it’s not all the satanic rituals that are the turn off for the parents and kids?
    Flaming heads on pikes for the last 1/4 mile might have been to much?
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,546
    Options
    Catching on to fast passes and lightening lanes and all that jazz. Trick or treating in magic kingdom was 100% worth the trip. A very memorable experience. Costumes, a parade, rides open and an unbelievable amount of top notch candy. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Catching on to fast passes and lightening lanes and all that jazz. Trick or treating in magic kingdom was 100% worth the trip. A very memorable experience. Costumes, a parade, rides open and an unbelievable amount of top notch candy. 
    Oh man, I hadn’t even thought about Halloween when you said you were headed down.  That must have been something.  Anyway, glad to hear you and the family are enjoying it.
  • Bellavista52
    Options
    No trick or treaters for the last 26 years here either. Just like Ozzie, low density of houses and long distance between them.

XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina