Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Just destroyed some crab legs( snow and king). Some lump blue, shrimp, ahi and oysters. Damn. Bit dropped a Bennie and a half for lunch. Damn. 
    Glad you are not waiting in a line again..I don't think I could take it.. :)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    I dislike your choice of the word "destroy".  I think you meant "ate".

J/K :giggle: 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Been on this site way to long..However great therapy..Drinking and laughing..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    finished hanging some curtains and a few pictures for the boss...
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Almost to our destination. It's been touch and go...
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Just destroyed some crab legs( snow and king). Some lump blue, shrimp, ahi and oysters. Damn. Bit dropped a Bennie and a half for lunch. Damn. 
    Glad you are not waiting in a line again..I don't think I could take it.. :)
    Me either brother, I'm all lined out. Chilling by the pool beverage in hand enjoying the final few hours of vacation drinking. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Sitting here amazed at how much the BGE has screwed up my life.

Yesterday we stopped for lunch at Rudy's BBQ in Chandler, AZ.  It's a franchise in the southwest - mostly Texas - but, they have reasonably good food.  Well, at least I've thought so before.  Had a pulled pork sandwich.  It was a big sandwich for a reasonable price.  Both of us like their BBQ sauce ... it's in the same neighborhood as Red Mud.  But, the bark was soft and the rest of the pork was a little mushy.  Was going to try their brisket, but saw it being cut and there was no "fold over the knife" meat on that brisket.

Guess stopping there is not such a treat anymore ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Dave in Florida
    Options
    Just got finished doing 40 mins on the treadmill, watching Bonanza and waiting to get ready to go to work in an hour.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sitting here mad as crap. Had my taxes done today. On top of the fortune I paid in all last year, I find out that I still owe another small fortune. Im about ready to say F it and get on welfare myself. A honest man just don't stand a chance anymore. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Trying to figure out how to cook rice in this with out blowing the house up!
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Left 81° weather for 61° weather... 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Preparing myself to leave this. 
  • hapster
    Options
    Getting ready to start prepping for tomorrows dinner, and cooking tonight's meal...

Emeril's Cilantro Potato salad made tonight for tomorrow, and wrapping the asparagus in bacon for tomorrow as well. Need to settle on how I'm going to do the ham...

Tonight's meal will likely be done inside... sauteing some zoodles and peppers in garlic & oil to go with some seared sea scallops
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Best time of day as a stay at home dad. My 3 yr old girl napping, son pickup in 2 hrs from k, thinking about my cold beer when I give em their snack.
    Seattle, WA
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    hapster said:
    Getting ready to start prepping for tomorrows dinner, and cooking tonight's meal...

Emeril's Cilantro Potato salad made tonight for tomorrow, and wrapping the asparagus in bacon for tomorrow as well. Need to settle on how I'm going to do the ham...

Tonight's meal will likely be done inside... sauteing some zoodles and peppers in garlic & oil to go with some seared sea scallops

I was just sitting here wondering what to have with my pork chops and BINGO Hapster  does it again.  Inspires me and zoodles will be on my plate tonight too!  Thanks.... :relaxed: 
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I have vac sealed pork butt, how have those pizzas tasted some of u posted? BBQ chicken style with pork instead right? 
    Seattle, WA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
     We ran into an old bull fighting arena yesterday when walking but Barcelona has since banned them.  I believe it's now being turned into a mosque.  Cool to see it's still around.  The second picture is a newer landmark for Barcelona.  I'm not sure what the correct name for the building but the locals refer to it as "the big dildo"!  If that's not strange enough we ran into a couple that performed acrobatics in the middle of the intersection for tips at red lights.  Our friend who hosted us invited us to her friend's potluck.  So we quickly made some ABT'S with chorizo.  American bacon isn't widely available so we went with the chorizo.  It was a tasty switch up.  I love how one of her friends made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for us Americans.  Peanut butter is almost nonexistent over there.  So they tracked some down for us and made them as a potluck appetizer.  What a cool gesture!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    SGH said:
    Sitting here mad as crap. Had my taxes done today. On top of the fortune I paid in all last year, I find out that I still owe another small fortune. Im about ready to say F it and get on welfare myself. A honest man just don't stand a chance anymore. 
    I know what you mean. I had to stroke a check for the first time in my life this year.  Tax day pisses me off to no end. 
  • SGH
    Options
    I know what you mean. I had to stroke a check for the first time in my life this year.  Tax day pisses me off to no end. 
    Brother they really hit me below the belt. I could easily build 4 clones of unit #6 with what they hit me for. I have never minded paying my fair share. But I'm starting to think that my share is not so fair. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Wife wants something from Ikea tomorrow. Not sure what it was all I can think when I hear Ikea is cinnamon buns. I am thinking about cinnamon buns and drinking larceny and ginger.
  • SGH
    Options
    Fixing to put fire to unit #6 and let idle online and at temp for a few hours. Getting it ready for the Easter ham. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @hapster - Show off...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @WeberWho?  That second phallic landmark is called SGH's Unit # 8 ;)
    Options

Like the CN Tower?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• DMW
    Options
    Just peeked in on this. Been rotting for 7 weeks, gets cooked tomorrow. I can't wait.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • hapster
    Options
    DMW said:
    Just peeked in on this. Been rotting for 7 weeks, gets cooked tomorrow. I can't wait.

Now whose showing off?

looks awesome! Enjoy!

all the pics i posted are Prep for tomorrow and Sunday. Never even got to make dinner tonight 
  • DMW
    Options
    Phillies just won with a walk off 2 run homer. Still preseason, but still fun to watch.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• hapster
    Options
    Now I'm doing this... Been a long and busy day, on the run since 0500

• hapster
    Options
    And now I'm doing this as I enjoy my nightcap...