Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Got home around 8:45. Dropped 2 corned points and 2 corned flats in a water bath to desalinate. Going to try my hand at pastrami on Saturday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Currently drinking heavily as I'm about to turn down a really great job offer because it doesn't fit my long term plan.  Hiccup. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Currently drinking heavily as I'm about to turn down a really great job offer because it doesn't fit my long term plan.  Hiccup. 
    Good to have a plan!  Wish I knew what I wanted to do when I grew up.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yep. Know that feeling well. Cheers my friend. 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yep. Know that feeling well. Cheers my friend. 

Glad I'm not the only one. 

Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • DMW
    Options
    Watching the MD vs KS game to see who is going to lose to Villanova in the next round.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    Nothing says fun like a two hour delayed flight followed up with sitting on the Tarmac in Atlanta waiting on a gate for the past 40 minutes. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Just got home from picking up a hive of honeybees. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @jeffwitPollinating crops or are you a hobbyist?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hobbyist at most. This is my first hive, so I've got a lot to learn. Should be fun, though. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Sourdough

Can you do this on your table :tongue: 
    500℉ dome with PS well over 750℉-800℉. Doesn't even phase it. 

Next up....steaks
    Blake, your Egg looks like it has stripper heels on. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Getting packed up for Ohio tomorrow morning.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    Options

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Confucious say he who eat sheetz at night wake up with sheetz in morning.
    Options
    Possibly dirty sheetz....
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    @DMW I say good call.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Skiddy marks at the very least
    Options
    Wondering if tonight is actually Friday night !!!!!!
    For me, it is.  I'm on a 5-4-9 schedule, and will be sleeping in tomorree!!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,194
    Options
    Skiddy marks at the very least
    Mud butt
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Confucious say he who eat sheetz at night wake up with sheetz in morning.
    Us Old Folk say he who sheetz in morning, is happy man.  Can't remember what/if I ate last night...

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Waiting at airport ticket counter .... flight leaves at 530 .... ticket counter closed till 445.  Glad I got here early.  SMH.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Waiting at airport ticket counter .... flight leaves at 530 .... ticket counter closed till 445.  Glad I got here early.  SMH.
    Unless they are flights bringing me home, I hate first flights of the day.
    Safe travels brother.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2016
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Safe travels brother.
    Thanks!  Headed to Tucson, which is home .... just not where I happen to live right now ....

So far, not looking like a fun travel day.  Plane here is broke, Mechanics don't get in till 7, was supposed to leave at 530, and not much layover in Chicago.  Oh well, what can ya do.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Safe travels brother.
    Thanks!  Headed to Tucson, which is home .... just not where I happen to live right now ....

So far, not looking like a fun travel day.  Plane here is broke, Mechanics don't get in till 7, was supposed to leave at 530, and not much layover in Chicago.  Oh well, what can ya do.
    Bummer. BLOODY MARY'S, while waiting. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    I hate getting on planes after maintenance. Hate it. You never know what was really wrong (or rarely do). I do know at work, if there is something broken, we always "test" the fix.  I know on planes, two independent mechanics have to "verify the repair procedures are followed, and done to specification." Torque/pressure/calibration settings correct and measured independently with two separate and independent calibrated devices and all... But when is the testing done?   Ugggg...  Sorry to hear that. 

But it is still the safest mode of transportation - I think.  Maybe rail - not sure. I know coming in 202 this morning people were flying on the roads.... Safer on that plane than the roads.  Nutzzz....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    I hate getting on planes after maintenance. Hate it. You never know what was really wrong (or rarely do). I do know at work, if there is something broken, we always "test" the fix.  I know on planes, two independent mechanics have to "verify the repair procedures are followed, and done to specification." Torque/pressure/calibration settings correct and measured independently with two separate and independent calibrated devices and all... But when is the testing done?   Ugggg...  Sorry to hear that. 

But it is still the safest mode of transportation - I think.  Maybe rail - not sure. I know coming in 202 this morning people were flying on the roads.... Safer on that plane than the roads.  Nutzzz....
    202 is evil.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Tarmac is covered in hydraulic fluid, mechanic has rags duct taped to a stick.  This is intetesting.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Tarmac is covered in hydraulic fluid, mechanic has rags duct taped to a stick.  This is intetesting.

I hate sitting at the airport you have no control over anything.  I was just stuck in Denver for 26 hours at DIA.  Not cool I was lucky to get out of there before Sunday with holiday travel for the long weekend most have.  This was my "bed" no hotels available and if there was most roads were closed until almost 10pm it was a mess.