Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Finally decent pizza on the MM. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Loin backs tonight!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Lit said:
    Way to go my man @Lit !
    looks awesome!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Lit said:
    Way to go my man @Lit !
    looks awesome!
    Thanks. Looks like I just needed a couple changes.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Watching this A&M v Northern Iowa disaster
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Went to Costco today and bought another prime brisket. While there, the Traeger guy was there, hammering the BGE the audience standing around. He stated Traeger could do anything a BGE could do. I asked about searing. 
    Then he changed subjects and said with BGE you have to do a ton of work to cook with it each time you cook. I asked if having to rework the feeder each time you cook, if at al,l could be used as a comparison.
    Traeger makes a fine product I am sure, I just hate it when they imply people that use the BGE are not real BBQ cookers.
    effem.

Let's see a pizza cooked on a chicken feed smoker....
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options
    Lit said:
    YukonRon said:
    Lit said:
    Way to go my man @Lit !
    looks awesome!
    Thanks. Looks like I just needed a couple changes.
    Hard to argue with success. Looking forward to what else ends up on your piece of engineering there.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Went to Costco today and bought another prime brisket. While there, the Traeger guy was there, hammering the BGE the audience standing around. He stated Traeger could do anything a BGE could do. I asked about searing. 
    Then he changed subjects and said with BGE you have to do a ton of work to cook with it each time you cook. I asked if having to rework the feeder each time you cook, if at al,l could be used as a comparison.
    Traeger makes a fine product I am sure, I just hate it when they imply people that use the BGE are not real BBQ cookers.
    effem.

Let's see a pizza cooked on a chicken feed smoker....
    Great point.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @YukonRon,
    Touching story brother.  Way to go helping your friends with their tragic loss and by sharing the love through food.  Sounds like it was a special day and I can only imagine how much your friends appreciated it.  Your a good man Ron.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    @YukonRon I echo Brent's comments. He summed it up perfectly. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @YukonRon
    A very touching story my friend. So sorry to hear of the loss of your friends son. This is one of those things that I always hate to hear. Glad that y'all was able to get together and have a good of time as possible under the circumstances. You are a great friend and a great person. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,410
    Options
    Way to be there for your friends.  That has got to be the most difficult thing for a parent to deal with.  Sounds like you achieved your objective and I'm sure it was very much appreciated by all.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    This is a mashup of what are you doing now and what are you drinking now along with where are you now.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Just replace the alternator on Powerstroke Excursion.  it was broke down on the side of the road. Hopefully this takes care of it this  issue.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Just replace the alternator on Powerstroke Excursion.  it was broke down on the side of the road. Hopefully this takes care of it this  issue.
    Was it yours or did you just replace a random powerstrokes alternaror?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Sitting here trolling and lookup to realize my boys are playing in the 22nd round of the silver bracket against @northGAcock game chickens. 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    What's up with all the "show previous quotes b.s. and plural responses?  I'll probably get buffaloed but wtf?  Great job Vanilla, make the forum even better!  @nolaegghead, I might need your help ;)
  • YukonRon
    Options
    FYI Mr. Buffalo; WTF = Why The Frown....c'mon Brent, running out of room on my Yakima to post more stickers to protest dismissals!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    edited March 2016
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    FYI Mr. Buffalo; WTF = Why The Frown....c'mon Brent, running out of room on my Yakima to post more stickers to protest dismissals!
    You keep me in line my friend.  You've protected me brother.  I appreciate that.  Hopefully we need no more stickers!  LMAO.  Our boys were weak against IN.  Pathetic.  BTW (not WTF), did you notice our #1 recruiting class coming in.  Tough always being expected to be the best and meeting expectations.  I hope you and yours are well my brother.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    You keep me in line my friend.  You've protected me brother.  I appreciate that.  Hopefully we need no more stickers!  LMAO.  Our boys were weak against IN.  Pathetic.  BTW (not WTF), did you notice our #1 recruiting class coming in.  Tough always being expected to be the best and meeting expectations.  I hope you and yours are well my brother.
    Yeah #9 is next year. This will be a better class than the Anthony Davis class that won it all. I have to go to Indiana tomorrow and pay up on a gambling debt, dropping off a effing 2007 Cab. Of all the teams to lose to, effen IU. Bright side, it was not Duke or Louisville.
    The team that beat UK will destroy UNC. Duke has won their last game this year, beating such a massive powerhouse like "Yale," I mean, really? How can you not laugh?

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Yeah #9 is next year. This will be a better class than the Anthony Davis class that won it all. I have to go to Indiana tomorrow and pay up on a gambling debt, dropping off a effing 2007 Cab. Of all the teams to lose to, effen IU. Bright side, it was not Duke or Louisville.
    The team that beat UK will destroy UNC. Duke has won their last game this year, beating such a massive powerhouse like "Yale," I mean, really? How can you not laugh?
    Agree 100%.  Kansas this year.  Next year, it's ours to loose.  40-0.  It sucks having to set all the records doesn't it?  GO CATS!
  • YukonRon
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:
    Agree 100%.  Kansas this year.  Next year, it's ours to loose.  40-0.  It sucks having to set all the records doesn't it?  GO CATS!
    Yeah, the only records we break are ours. That is what it is like at the very top.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Was it yours or did you just replace a random powerstrokes alternaror?
    Mine.
    Wife was on her way to an appointment with all 6 kids and it shut down.  She was able to get off to the side of the road.  I recently replaced the batteries with Optima Red tops, and after she described what it was doing, I stopped at Napa, grabbed an alternator and replaced it.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    @YukonRon There is nothing like doing something special for someone special. That's what this hobby is really all about!  Being there for someone right when they need you with a simple gift of food and fellowship. There is nothing better.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Considering starting a 'what hot sauce do you hate and what won't you put it on' thread.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Finally my wife and I came back with a car! 3rd trip to Chicago in the last month and a half. My wife has always wanted a Saturn Vue (don't ask me why) so much of my time has been looking for the last current model 2008-2009 Saturn Vue. (She has owned 3 previous Saturn's) After two failed trips to Chicago she goes, "Vues are cute, but I guess I can look at something else". Thank you!!! So I came across a few different smaller suvs. Showed her some options than came across one particular suv that was of course in Chicago once again. She was game for another road trip. Low and behold we made the trip and came home with it. Nothing super fancy but a vehicle that we don't have to make payments on. It's a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. Little 4 banger that gets between 26 and 31 mpg. We got it in manual transmission. It should make it a little more fun to drive. I think it looks a little more aggresive than the "cute Vue" she has wanted. Any vehicle beats her banged up Buick Regal with a rusted out sway bar that leaks oil like a pig. Happy to see her happy and a car that makes her proud.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sitting here trolling and lookup to realize my boys are playing in the 22nd round of the silver bracket against @northGAcock game chickens. 
    We had no answer for your boys. Glad that train wreck of a season is over. We be moving on to baseball now. Usually something we can play.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow