Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,195
    Options
    Getting some Houston BBQ

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Watching pre-season baseball. I don't care if it doesn't count, spring is on the way.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    Watching college baseball. It counts. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Looking at some pictures that were taken at my little girls second birthday party/get-together this past Saturday.  

Two racks of spares

Almost the entire spread.  Missing a few items.  Ribs, mac-n-cheese, BBQ, baked beans, and dip.  Oh, and Cheerwine!  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Looking at some pictures that were taken at my little girls second birthday party/get-together this past Saturday.  

Two racks of spares

Almost the entire spread.  Missing a few items.  Ribs, mac-n-cheese, BBQ, baked beans, and dip.  Oh, and Cheerwine!  

You win sir!!!! Wow. 
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    +1 on Cheerwine.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Got to give props and a shout-out to my local Home Depot.

At 9:40 I got in line to check out with 15 pressure treated 2x4s, 3 pressure treated 4x4s and some screws and stuff. The customer ahead of me was a royal PIA to the cashier.
    The cashier kept looking at me and giving me the "I am sorry look." I just gave him "It's all good, don't worry" look back and wave. 8 minutes later I push my cart up. We chat it up a bit. The last two of the 2x4s do not ring up.
    I jokingly say "oh - those are the free ones. ".
    He looks at me and says "that's cool - I hear you".
    Then he takes 2 more off the sale.  
    I tell him that is not right - I am taking product, so add them back to the sale.
    "Employee discretion" he says.
    I refuse.  
    His manager comes over and asks "What is all the banter going on over here?"
    George the cashier explains everything from the beginning.
    I insist to pay for it all.  
    The manager then proceeds to review that all the items were scanned, and verifies with me it is all correct. "Yep - all good"  I say. Total is $72 and change. I have my card in hand. 
    Manger Joe J then pushes some keys, and total is adjusted down 50% and Joe walks away saying "Have a good evening sir" and never looked back.
    $36 and some change later I walk out.

It does pay to be nice and honest.  Took 42 years for it to pay off, but it worked for me tonight.

Now for a nice letter for the store manager about George and Joe....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Finally got our hood up in the kitchen. Had never cut a hole in my house before but not bad for a nights work.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    First hole I cut in a house was for a French door. Wife came home mid cut and was skeptical to say the least. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Trying to get to 20,000 comments. Getting closer by the minute.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Looking forward to Batman vs Superman this weekend.  Hoping it doesn't suck.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Lit
    Options
    SGH said:
    Maybe a yeti song for 20k?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,138
    Options
    SGH said:
    Gotta stay at 20,000 for a few days to count .... buffalo can always take a few off ;)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    SGH said:
    Make it so my friend!!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    SGH said:
    I considered it. But I have been trying to be nicer as of late. I offended a few fellow forum members on a message thread that we are on so I have been really trying to tone it down a little. Also on that note, I recently purchased a Yeti 210 and 105. Thus, the Yeti songs will have to wait my friend. For the record, the Yeti 105 is bad a$$. The 210 is to big. Going to try to sell it. The 105 is the perfect cooler for my Bay Boat. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    Make it so my friend!!!
    SGH said:
    Gotta stay at 20,000 for a few days to count .... buffalo can always take a few off ;)
    This one is for y'all my friends. Number 20,000 right here. I feel that I should make a joke about the liberals ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    Bam!  Nice job Scottie.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    SGH said:
    I considered it. But I have been trying to be nicer as of late. I offended a few fellow forum members on a message thread that we are on so I have been really trying to tone it down a little. Also on that note, I recently purchased a Yeti 210 and 105. Thus, the Yeti songs will have to wait my friend. For the record, the Yeti 105 is bad a$$. The 210 is to big. Going to try to sell it. The 105 is the perfect cooler for my Bay Boat. 
    Keep the 210 and get a bigger boat to fit it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • bgebrent
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    Make it so my friend!!!
    SGH said:
    This one is for y'all my friends. Number 20,000 right here. I feel that I should make a joke about the liberals ;)
    Proud to be a part and you and your input make this forum worthy.  Kudos to you Scottie!  A libtard joke is in line brother!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    20k and I got a mention in it!!  B)
  • SGH
    Options
    Keep the 210 and get a bigger boat to fit it.
    I like how you think brother Ozzie. But the wife would kill me. She is about over my spending habits. She is getting cranky in her older years. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    edited March 2016
    Options
    20k and I got a mention in it!!  B)
    Scottie is one of the most honest, humble, experienced, and kindest guys on this whole site.  Always helpful, never egotistical despite his advanced skills.  Fireworks for you Scottie.  Deserved.  If I had a seal of approval, I'd give it my friend.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just put a new temp sensor in the Cayman.  $11 part from pelicanparts.com.  Had to hook up the computer and Durametric OBD to clear the annoying "Implausible temperature" error and a couple others that come with it.  PITA to get to the engine on this thing.  You have to be a contortionist to get the clip off and on.

Been driving the truck the past week because of the temp error.  Looks like I'll make it to work much faster tomorrow.
    Options
    Just put a new temp sensor in the Cayman.  $11 part from pelicanparts.com.  Had to hook up the computer and Durametric OBD to clear the annoying "Implausible temperature" error and a couple others that come with it.  PITA to get to the engine on this thing.  You have to be a contortionist to get the clip off and on.

Been driving the truck the past week because of the temp error.  Looks like I'll make it to work much faster tomorrow.
    Finely tuned machines, right!  Kudos for doing that solo.  Please see 110 tomorrow because the truck will appreciate that brother (on behalf of the car).  As will the exhaust on your beast.  "Carey's always early" =)
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Still smiling at this:

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Chilling at the MD office with my 2 kids who both have fevers. If been dealing with Influenza since Sunday so my fun is about to triple.
  • Lit
    Options
    Just got our daughter her first Yeti and a brisket from RD.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Waiting on a tow. :angry: 
  • Lit
    Options
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    FIL to the rescue. He's a good dude.