Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac reading some of your earlier stuff. Things to consider...if an aircraft doesn't leak oil, hydraulic fluid etc on the ground it's probably empty (in flight they pucker up). 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac , you could always get a rental and drive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ClzA_nZxo
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    Watched a guy show in full sprint swinging his carry-on all around clearing a path.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6z_VpVaPLWs
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,140
    Options
    Yay!  Boarding soon.  I have a ticket, triple checked, plane isn't leaking.  Things are looking up.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    We doggy .... I better put on my responsibility hat!

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,196
    Options
    We doggy .... I better put on my responsibility hat!

Poor man's first class. I love getting those seats. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @DoubleEgger nailed it!  Always try for these.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Flight delayed.  Watching a bird eat random sh!t off the floor at Dulles International.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options

Options
    In the old days the airline clerk would automatically give me an Exit seat as I walked up to the counter (I'm 6'5").

I miss those days.   :s

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Thinking of new restaurants in Austin to try.. From another dang Austin list. 

Bullfight (tapas, from the same crew that keeps trying)

Emmer & rye (chef was at from NOMA Copenhagen  and French laundry, not as a chef, but wtf)

Wu  chow (shanghai noodles)

Juniper

Gardner

Launderette 

Italic

Juliet

Vox table

Of all these, bullfight and emmer&rye seem to stand out. 
    Launderette. 

Awesome. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'd like to take a pre 8pm pledge to not do anything to incite the buffalo on this thread. Tonight.  You're welcome @Ozzie_Isaac
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    At sons Taekwondo Completion training.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,628
    Options
    @sumoconnell it's out if town, on Hamilton Pool Road, but Proof & Cooper is a nice place to waste some time - really great cocktails.  Limited selection of food, but the chicken biscuit is stupid good.  Looks like they're putting a stage out back too, so I expect they'll have music over the summer.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Botch said:
    In the old days the airline clerk would automatically give me an Exit seat as I walked up to the counter (I'm 6'5").

I miss those days.   :s
    I definitely don't miss the old days.  Flying into Peoria via Chicago on a Friday night in the late 70's was like a cattle drive.  Ozark Airlines handled those flights with their leftover Fairchild-Hiller FH-227B aircraft ... I've flown in crop dusters that were smoother and quieter.  Don't think we ever cleared 5000 ft ... pilot couldn't see the highway above that elevation.

Ozark (should have been spelled backwards - Krazo Airlines) had three flights into Peoria.  If you were booked on the first flight and it wasn't full, the plane would come down with maintenance problems.  As soon as the cattle pen (gate area) would fill up with enough passengers for a full flight, then the problems would be deemed solved and boarding would commence.

I'm nowhere close to 6'5", but I think the plane was built for midgets 'cuz there certainly wasn't room to be comfortable.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Enjoying the front yard fragrance #beelivesmatter

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Just got these little guys.  Well, they are not mine yet. Best friends got some for their daughters, and in 2 or 3 weeks, they are coming out to the farm.  I am the farm.  And these are the first animals on it on 4 years.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    Jeepster47 said:
    I definitely don't miss the old days.  Flying into Peoria via Chicago on a Friday night in the late 70's was like a cattle drive.  Ozark Airlines handled those flights with their leftover Fairchild-Hiller FH-227B aircraft ... I've flown in crop dusters that were smoother and quieter.  Don't think we ever cleared 5000 ft ... pilot couldn't see the highway above that elevation.

I'm nowhere close to 6'5", but I think the plane was built for midgets 'cuz there certainly wasn't room to be comfortable.
    I didn't start actively flying as part of my job until '84, but Friday afternoons/nights are and have always been cattlecars; likewise the bug-basher/puddle-jumper aircraft have never been roomy; fortunately they're only used for shorter flights.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    On the ground!  Yay!  Decided to never leave again.  Sending wife back for Eggs and Blackstone.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Acn said:
    Flight delayed.  Watching a bird eat random sh!t off the floor at Dulles International.

Sweet!  I had no birds to watch.  Just angry people on overbooked flights.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Every flight into Texas was over booked by about 50.  One family was missing their sons wedding.

Oops, just realized Dulles is in Virginia.  Was thinking Dallas.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    I'd like to take a pre 8pm pledge to not do anything to incite the buffalo on this thread. Tonight.  You're welcome @Ozzie_Isaac
    Thank you!
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Had a fish fry with the family, parents, brother, sister, and all the nieces and nephews! Happy Good Friday everyone!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Watching college basketball, of course.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Drunk watching animal house
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,495
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I never watch it, but happened to notice one of my alma maters, ISU, was poised to enter the top 4.  
    I shoulda known better; every time I watch a game "my" favorite loses.  Sorry, Ames!   :s

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Botch said:
    bgebrent said:
    I never watch it, but happened to notice one of my alma maters, ISU, was poised to enter the top 4.  
    I shoulda known better; every time I watch a game "my" favorite loses.  Sorry, Ames!   :s
    ISU went deep and played well. Tough match up with Virginia.  You can be proud.  All my alma maters are out.  Looking forward brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    Our car salesman recommend we go try out Portillo's for lunch while we were still in Illinois. He said we had to go try the chocolate cake. So we grabbed a hot dog, roast beef sandwich, and their famous chocolate cake. Our salesman wouldn't tell us what the secret ingredient was until we got back to the dealership and tried the cake. (I have to admit the chocolate cake was super good) He goes, "you still want to know what that secret ingredient is? - It's mayonnaise" Crazy. I'm far from a baker but never heard of such a thing. Mayonnaise and cake. I like it. (Not my picture but found a picture of their chocolate cake) Going to have to find a recipe that's based around their chocolate cake

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    This has potential. ...

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site