Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Top of the shop tonight is a right old ding-dong in the Championship. The consistency the Potters threatened in the last two years has emerged and their home match against West Brom is as good a test as it comes, with the Baggies currently top & undefeated.  Will it be reported amongst the Stoke loyal as just a free-hit or statement result?  Feels a bit drawish but let’s go for a nail biting 1-0 to freak out @Eoin

Great prediction, Stoke on fire at the moment.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    My daughter won student body President for her grade school and wanted McDonalds for her celebration dinner. High roller. Go to McDonalds to pick it up, to find out that I apparently live next to the only McDonalds that still has the inside totally closed. I could sit in the drive through for 40 minutes or use their stupid app and sit outside for 20 while they figure out how to fry some chicken nuggets. 
    Who the hell would plan to eat at McDonald’s 
    It’s not so much about planning as convenience.  You’re on the highway and the kids want Mickey D’s, so you pull the app out and place the order and it’s ready by the time you pull up.  Lots of places operate this way these days.  
    Hopefully the person behind the steering wheel is not the one doing the ordering.  Any driving distraction option is readily taken as a "yes I can do this" and it will only get worse.  Off mini soap-box.  
    That goes without saying, Frank.   Two parents in this car.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    My daughter won student body President for her grade school and wanted McDonalds for her celebration dinner. High roller. Go to McDonalds to pick it up, to find out that I apparently live next to the only McDonalds that still has the inside totally closed. I could sit in the drive through for 40 minutes or use their stupid app and sit outside for 20 while they figure out how to fry some chicken nuggets. 
    It’s not so much about planning as convenience.  You’re on the highway and the kids want Mickey D’s, so you pull the app out and place the order and it’s ready by the time you pull up.  Lots of places operate this way these days.  
    I suppose, I never understood it though. Does it take longer to yell into the box and drive to the next window? 
    Obviously you haven’t seen the complete Lethal Weapon series.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Where did that week go?  We’re off again and it’s a non-stop helter skelter whirlwind of football fun right now.   Euro matches every mid-week and teams finding their feet so the table will continue to shift.

Top of the shop tonight is a right old ding-dong in the Championship. The consistency the Potters threatened in the last two years has emerged and their home match against West Brom is as good a test as it comes, with the Baggies currently top & undefeated.  Will it be reported amongst the Stoke loyal as just a free-hit or statement result?  Feels a bit drawish but let’s go for a nail biting 1-0 to freak out @Eoin

Saturday 

Man Utd v Everton : nearly top 4 plays nearly top 6 contenders.  Utd probably have enough but the Toffees are playing with pep and vim. A close 2-1.

Burnley v Norwich : will they both go down, can either score, will the Canaries go all season without a point? 1-0

Chelsea v Southampton : tough start continues for Ralf’s Saints and the blues stay on message here with a comfy 2-0

Leeds v Watford : no signs of self-doubt (yet) at Elland Road but a defeat here would be classic 2nd season syndrome. The Hornets just aren’t all that. 2-0.

Wolves v Newcastle : no other word but flaccid for the Toon this season. Wolves are still struggling to find an identify. This has bore draw stamped all over it. 0-0

Brighton v Arsenal : chance to see how good these two actually are.  Polar opposite starts but the Gunners are now on a roll and you just sense the filthy Seagulls don’t have the cahunas.  I would not bet on Arsenal but goals will be scored. 2-2

Sunday 

Palace v Leicester : ‘nice to watch’ is always a back handed compliment but I’ll take it for the emergent new Palace.  The Foxes aren’t quite on song yet and stuttered mid-week in Europe. The atmosphere will be frenetic and then agin that only ever amplifies the screaming scrotum Vardy.  Could be 90 mins of hectic hurly burly and five goals shared. I mean I’ll take a drab 1-0 but somehow 3-2 feel closer the mark.  (Nailed on 0-2 now isn’t it?)

Spurs v Villa : North London’s new calamity club, stealing the crown from Arsenal, Spurs really are in the doldrums now. Will an easy win mid0week help them or flatter to deceive? Frankly they would take a nil all right now. Villa will have other ideas and showed their mineral last week winning at Old Trafford. 2-1

West Ham v Brentford : It’s Bees to the Bubbles as the West End Boys go east and this is too tight to call.  The new-boys need to nullify Antonio while finding a way to score. This result offers a good bell-weather for each team albeit only a home win will satisfy the Hammer faithful. 

2-1

Liverpool v Man City : here it is, the big one 1st v 2nd. Each has the fire power and experience to sink the other.  Lots and lots of talent on show but will they nullify each other or cause a virtuoso perforce? Should be City but I think Pep will over-think it an harpoon his team, leading to a 2-1 home win.

There you go, drink that lot up. Chin chin.

Thank you for that as always.

I did not hit the "disagree" button but just for fun I'll suggest alternative betting strategies for some of the games (since I know that multiple people bet good chunks of their incomes on our recommendations and some are getting rich as a result).

I'll lead with Leicester will be Palace 2-1.

Man City and Liverpool will draw at 1-1 (Your prediction seems at least as likely but this is what I predicted in a text exchange with a friend yesterday so I'm going to stick with it.  I also predicted that this game won't be nearly as exciting as we are all hoping it will be).

Also, as I read your predictions on the following matches I thought "Yeah, that's not right" - but when I tried to come up with something better I realized these games are impossible to predict.

Brighton v Arsenal

West Ham v Brentford

With that said, that's a chicken's way out - so I'll go on record with:

Brighton 2, Arsenal 1 (recognizing that you have blinders where the filthy seagulls are concerned)

West Ham 1, Brentford 1

Also, upon further review I think you might be onto something with this Norwich team.  They can challenge the 2007/08 Derby atrocity for futility - but with that said, I think this might be the week when they get 1 point in a 0-0 draw.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Options
    Botch said:
    Ermahgerd.  I learned tonight that you really can add too much fresh garlic to a piece of hot garlic toast.  Slightly upset stomach since supper, and then with a slight burp in my recliner, I dropped a housefly stone-cold dead, mid-flight, from I believe 15 feet away.
    I may be able to clean one or two toilet bowls tomorrow, we'll see.  

I wish there was a "I'd have to see a picture to understand what you mean" button.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    If I owned a fast food place, I would never build one with an inside again. Pandemic has made these places realize they don’t need indoor dining to still crush it. If it were a Chick Fil A, I’d slap as many drive thrus on that building as possible 

;) 

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I wish there was a "I'd have to see a picture to understand what you mean" button.
    Lethal Garlic Breath.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Lunch. Tried the maple chunks that Jonathan has preached for years here. Nice. Spatchcock yardbird and veggies. 

don't let the fancy plate setting fool you, this is easy peasant food anyone can cook   =)
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Parenting and cooking meatball stew for supper. Hoping the kiddos take a nap here soon so I can watch some football 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Wifey took daughter. Boy and I made a ramp. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just got a flu shot 💉 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    I didn’t know this. The pharmacist said the flu shots are only 40%-60% effective. Thought it would be much better than that. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @SGH: Hope you’re like @lousubcap and haven’t ever met a shot you didn’t like!
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    SGH said:
    I didn’t know this. The pharmacist said the flu shots are only 40%-60% effective. Thought it would be much better than that. 
    Going to wait until mid October for mine. They are also only effective for 3 or 4 months.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    The efficacy of any seasonal flu shot is challenged by the shot makers anticipating the shot cocktail they will develop based on their assessment of how to best work against the dominant strains.  Let's face it, mother nature is a B!tch and her off-spring of the same ilk.  Just juice up with the best that's out there and go again next round.  
    BTW- great move @SGH.  Got that one last Tuesday.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    Foghorn said:

I did not hit the "disagree" button but just for fun I'll suggest alternative betting strategies for some of the games (since I know that multiple people bet good chunks of their incomes on our recommendations and some are getting rich as a result).

Man City and Liverpool will draw at 1-1 (Your prediction seems at least as likely but this is what I predicted in a text exchange with a friend yesterday so I'm going to stick with it.  I also predicted that this game won't be nearly as exciting as we are all hoping it will be).

Also, as I read your predictions on the following matches I thought "Yeah, that's not right" - but when I tried to come up with something better I realized these games are impossible to predict.

Brighton v Arsenal

West Ham v Brentford

Brighton 2, Arsenal 1 (recognizing that you have blinders where the filthy seagulls are concerned)

West Ham 1, Brentford 1

Also, upon further review I think you might be onto something with this Norwich team.  They can challenge the 2007/08 Derby atrocity for futility - but with that said, I think this might be the week when they get 1 point in a 0-0 draw.
    Canaries get their first point and keep a clean sheet - the revolution has commenced. The Filthy Seagulls demonstrate their paucity of cahunas. Gunners were there for the taking.
    Looking ahead, I suspect Watford will gradually replace Burnley and that's your relegation contenders. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,095
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Hopefully the person behind the steering wheel is not the one doing the ordering.  Any driving distraction option is readily taken as a "yes I can do this" and it will only get worse.  Off mini soap-box.  
    I find this statement full of micro-aggressions.  The assumption laden comment is nauseating.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I find this statement full of micro-aggressions.  The assumption laden comment is nauseating.
    The only micro-aggression I see here is declaration of people clearly venting in a cathartic manor something more sinister than simply finding McDonalds, and rightly so, a low-class chain restaurant that dishes out inferior swill.

Options
    This is a food forum, not a swill forum!
    lousubcap said:
    LOLWUT
  • Foghorn
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

Brighton v Arsenal

West Ham v Brentford

West Ham 1, Brentford 1

Canaries get their first point and keep a clean sheet - the revolution has commenced. The Filthy Seagulls demonstrate their paucity of cahunas. Gunners were there for the taking.
    Looking ahead, I suspect Watford will gradually replace Burnley and that's your relegation contenders. 
    As usual, @CPFC1905, you and I are both "spot on".  (eye roll)

Congrats on Palace getting a point against Leicester.

Hopefully, my prediction on the MC v 'pool match are wrong and it proves to be a fun and interesting match.

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited October 2021
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    LOLWUT
    Dismissing Frank's statement by saying "it goes without saying", and then flaunting his "two parent family structure" and furthering the capitalist overtures by saying the all happened while in the "car".  The entire statement is incredibly insensitive and frankly off-putting.  I expected better from Nola.

(I have been recently trained in micro-aggressions.  I am beginning to recognize my blindspots.  I recommend you try to enroll in some training too.)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    LOLWUT
    Dismissing Frank's statement by saying "it goes without saying", and then flaunting his "two parent family structure" and furthering the capitalist overtures by saying the all happened while in the "car".  The entire statement is incredibly insensitive and frankly off-putting.  I expected better from Nola.

(I have been recently trained in micro-aggressions.  I am beginning to recognize my blindspots.  I recommend you try to enroll in some training too.)
    What a clown you are sometimes all of the time.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    LOLWUT

What a clown you are sometimes all of the time.  
    Oh, Johnathan.  I am merely trying to educate and enlighten.  As your friend, I do not want to see you cancelled.
  • SGH
    Options
    Fellows when you have 5 minutes to spare watch the following video. Disclaimer: I’m not trying to be anti vaccination as I have been fully vaccinated. Also took a flu shot yesterday. So no motive here. This is just absolutely hilarious and well worth watching if you want a good laugh.  

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Me and Anne are in small town France. We found a bar, Irish (themed), chatting with the local rugby team after their match, plenty of beer and it's epic. Proper pub, great vibe, no langauage barrier, plenty of bisou, locals buying us shots. This will end badly.
    You know why God invented alcohol?  To prevent the Irish from ruling the Earth…