Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Putting together another proposal to NSF.  These things are always a PITA to write, but my track record over the years is pretty good.  This one will look at the mechanics of crack nucleation during nano-pulse lithotripsy.  

Will this lead to breakthroughs in kidney stone treatment? 
    There's definitely a connection and that's the hope, that by better understanding some of the fundamental science we can hope to improve treatment protocols.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Snap, I was just making a joke. That's really cool though. Never had one, yet *knock on wood*
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Putting together another proposal to NSF.  These things are always a PITA to write, but my track record over the years is pretty good.  This one will look at the mechanics of crack nucleation during nano-pulse lithotripsy.  
    Maybe use a low energy frequency sweep to find specific resonance and up the energy at those harmonics to blast apart.  Or just throw patient into Eagles home game with opposing team colors and let the fans kick his guts until it fractures stones. 

Just spitballin' here.

Options
    FYI @Mark_B_Good, price probably higher in your affluent neighbourhood though  ;)

That's absurd .... wow. I thought I was getting a deal at $4.97 per lb last week when I bought 2 legs.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Sorry John, I figured that out last week. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Restoring a 14 TB ESXi datastore to a new virtual disk
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Are people waiting on you?  Restore as in data was lost or something went wonky?  I always hated restoring/repairing our old Microsoft Exchange databases.  Just watching the blinking cursor with no indication of progress for hours - thru the overnight. . . just hoping that services would be restored by 8am the following day.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Re-read this. Great read that changed my life years ago. Check it out. 

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Grand daddying our first, just built him a Traeger! Brilliant marketing, too young to do the colouring though.

canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Are people waiting on you?  Restore as in data was lost or something went wonky?  I always hated restoring/repairing our old Microsoft Exchange databases.  Just watching the blinking cursor with no indication of progress for hours - thru the overnight. . . just hoping that services would be restored by 8am the following day.

They're waiting on me/us. Power failure resulting in a failed RAID array where 3 physical disk went missing. ESXi host two Windows servers. Replaced the disk and restoring from backups. ETA 6.5 hours with 10 GB connections between their NAS and ESXi. Ancient hardware and slow disks are the bottleneck.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    My view is not near as good as yours   :s

What we looking at brother @SGH? I see fire retardant insulation for sure
    Reformer furnace catalyst tubes. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Gonna start a Lonesome Dove reread.  Might listen to some of the kid’s music while I do it.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sorry John, I figured that out last week. 
    Damn man, I knew I should have called you first!
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Heyyyy you guyyyysss!

“Chunk like Baby Ruth?”
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    Options
    Reading a well written newspaper article that I was quoted in in my epic battle against the city and short term rentals....except they got my name wrong. Wow
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

Got a take out Reuben for lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    april fools @nolaegghead ?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    Options

Ah hahahaha

Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options

Grand Rapids MI
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Went out for dinner tonight and ordered this 
    It was very good but I see no reason I can't replicate this at home at half the price and better wine.   Moquica Mista .   this will happen soon!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options

There’s something about the PL coming back this weekend that reminds of an ancient story.  Can’t remember the details but chocolate and rabbits are involved somewhere.  But less of that  - we’ve got mediocrity ahoy and diminishing returns to plough through.  Stirring stuff, right?  

Saturday; 

Chelsea v West Brom,  Tommy T hasn’t lost in 14 games and the Baggies look like they’re heading down the plug-hole.  I half expect Big Sam to ‘spend more time with his family’ i.e throw in the towel after this match to preserve his never-relegated CV.  2-0

Leeds v Sheff Utd,  a White Rose derby that is all but a pyrrhic entity.  The hosts will be certain of safety after a routine win against a ‘transitional’ Blades. 3-0

Leicester v Man City, One of the more lively encounters of this set. Pep Roulette means that predicting the Citeh XI is impossible but whoever turns out will have just enough to push past Big Bren’ and his sparkly gnashers.  In adjacent news Sergio Aguero says he’s on his bike at the end of the season.  I couldn’t give less of floaty one if I tried.

Arsenal v Liverpool, 43 points - thats was the gap between these two at the end of last season.  Currently it’s four and the Gunners aren’t exactly great. As to the travails of Liverpool, see my comment re; Mr Aguero. 1-2.

Sunday

Southampton v Burnley, more life-sapping bilge on display here as each team inch away from fiscal calamity and plan for more mid-table mediocrity next season.  Southampton were top of the league at one point,  they are far from that now.  If ever you needed a manifestation of ‘regression to the mean’ it’s that. 1-1

Newcastle v Spurs, hang on this promises to be even more of a spirit sponge than the  one I just described.  Toon really are flailing,  no that’s a verb - try recumbant. Any verb is misused on their performances. Relegation will be self-actualisation manifest for the Geordie doomsmiths.  0-1 and Jose will claim to have risen again.  Oh, isn’t that the chocolate bunny story?

Villa v Fulham, the hosts are stalling but safe so we really need Fulham to win this to heap pressure on Toon. 1-2

Man Utd v Brighton, looks like the filthy Seagulls will sustain due to the hapless Toon and/or Fulham. Walk in the park of Ole’s boys here. 3-0

Monday

Everton v Palace,  2-0 the Toffees. Standard.

Wolves v West Ham, the recently buoyant Hammers have come unstuck a bit recently and Wolves are rediscovering the obduracy necessary for PL credentials.  Could go either way but in my heart I don’t want The Irons anywhere near Europe next season. 2-1.

Potters Special - 2 x mid table time fillers this weekend. Today away at Bristol City & Monday home to Millwall.   All 3 teams are safe and so with just a few games left there’s little to be concerned with.  Even the prize money per place is not all that.  

Fun Fact : Denise Coates, the daughter of the owner of Stoke earned £469m last year,  that’s about $470m.  Zero of that from the profits at Stoke, because there are none, but she does run a £3bn a year business.  Nearly as much as some of our Egghead friends.   Oh and the scores 1-1 and 1-1.

Ok lads - I have stuff to do, well a SWMBO with a list actually,  so I can’t be hanging around here all day.  Tally Ho! 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yep.  I have a couple of colleagues here at Duke that study this kind of thing more broadly.  It's not my subfield but I appreciate it.