Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Trying to pull some strings to gain private access into Assembly Hall for the NCAA games.
    Did you try calling Matt Painter?  I heard somewhere that he owned Ass. Hall.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Trying to pull some strings to gain private access into Assembly Hall for the NCAA games.
    Did you try calling Matt Painter?  I heard somewhere that he owned Ass. Hall.

Ouch...You aren't wrong
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• RealDonaldTrump
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Apparently the Buffalo hates NCAA basketball. Thread went poof...like a fart in a whirlwind

What's NCAA got to do with the Big Green Egg? Sounds like appropriate measures were done to stop a shortsided thread.
    I have a MiniMax on my golf cart
    Florida

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Apparently the Buffalo hates NCAA basketball. Thread went poof...like a fart in a whirlwind

What's NCAA got to do with the Big Green Egg? Sounds like appropriate measures were done to stop a shortsided thread.
    It's spelled shortsighted, genius.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    If you’ve ever taken a saws-all and cut a couch in half to make it easier to get it out of the house........ 

You might be a redneck!

i took the last one out with a splitting maul. i think they built the house around the couch
    I got a set of electric reclining theater seats for free once.  Craigslist ad said seller bought the house and wanted theater seats removed, they were left by previous owner.  Lady was real mad because she could not figure out how to get them out.  Real long description, but basically said they would need to be disassembled or cut up.

I figured someone got them down there, they should be able to come out.  They were about $4k new, and pictures looked barely used.

I showed up with all my tools, including and extension cord (key tool).  After looking at the situation, measuring a few things, and talking to the owner who swore up and down they tried and they would not fit up the stairs (they were in a basement), I clarified the deal.  Free if I can just remove them without damaging her house.  She said yes, absolutely she just wanted them gone.  Her husband showed up at this point and told me no way they fit.  He and his friends tried.

After clarifying the deal, I pulled out the extension cord, plugged in the chairs, and lowered the backs down.  At that point you could easily fit them up the stairs and out of the house.

The wife was really mad at her husband.  I felt bad and offered $50 for the chairs (all I had as a newly married kid).  Wife said, nope.  Deal was I remove them I get to keep them.

when i bought the house, the only extra that didnt have a price tag on it was the flea bitten couch. i soon learned why.  i think the brady bunch designed the house, sunken bath tub, 16x26 foot living room stepped 6 inches mid way, ten feet of glass wall with a 26 x 74 inch tall tiny door in the middle of it, 1 bedroom sunk 6 inches down from the main floor, all the rooms carpeted including bathroom. my thoughts were the glass was once easily removable. good score with the seats
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Watching plumber install a gas line for the new range. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options
    TTC said:

I hope you din’t pay for that install yet. Have them rotate it 90° clockwise or refuse to pay
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:
    TTC said:

I hope you din’t pay for that install yet. Have them rotate it 90° clockwise or refuse to pay
    No kidding. That Kucht is fucht. 
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Sitting in the ER in Seneca, SC (2hrs from home) waiting for a CT scan to see if the T-9 compression fracture I achieved this afternoon is stable.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Sitting in the ER in Seneca, SC (2hrs from home) waiting for a CT scan to see if the T-9 compression fracture I achieved this afternoon is stable.
    oh sh!t!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Hope everything can be mended.  This sounds bad.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • buzzvol
    Options
    CT done.  Now more waiting.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • buzzvol
    Options
    As I’m hanging in the ER hall I’m reading signs and thinking hmnnn.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    I am assessing the underlying reasons for why I have minimal interest in this year's NCAA round ball tournament.  Clearly the year of the Covid has driven me to be much more detached from getting involved than at any time I can recall.  I am sure the starts and stops over the season have a lot to do with it.  2020, the lost year!  Once the games get rolling I know I will be watching but the level of interest is not there right now.  Always can improve!
    Stay healthy and safe out there-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    As I’m hanging in the ER hall I’m reading signs and thinking hmnnn.
    Scary when your medical care professionals either cannot read or ignore safety protocols.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I am assessing the underlying reasons for why I have minimal interest in this year's NCAA round ball tournament.  Clearly the year of the Covid has driven me to be much more detached from getting involved than at any time I can recall.  I am sure the starts and stops over the season have a lot to do with it.  2020, the lost year!  Once the games get rolling I know I will be watching but the level of interest is not there right now.  Always can improve!
    Stay healthy and safe out there-

The year everyone gets to watch while they work from home!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Threw some chicken kofta on. Follow on post if it’s any good. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Best food name ever @SonVolt

Nice taper too!
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Sitting at the hospital. The boss is having her thyroid and parathyroid removed. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Sitting at the hospital. The boss is having her thyroid and parathyroid removed. 
    Wish her well. Hashimoto's or the C word? Fun times ahead.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Wish her well. Hashimoto's or the C word? Fun times ahead.
    Haven’t heard the word Hashimoto’s. So far the biopsies that they have been able to do are benign and not cancerous. They were not able to get biopsies of all the lumps, however, her ENT surgeon has said that he does not believe any of them to be cancer. So good news. Just awaiting everything to be done. 
    That's good news! Hashimoto's is one of those auto-immune diseases where your body attacks the thyroid. Treatment is usually synthetic hormones which also finish off the thyroid while taking it's place. Seems like in either case, she'll be 'back on the dragon' while figuring out the new normal.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Must be something in the water. I call it - "**** on a stick"

My mom used to make creamed chipped beef on toast as a kid and we called it sh!t on a shingle. Hadnt thought of that in years. Lol.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Looks like some serious weather is on the way to the south. Some may already be experiencing it. Batton down the hatches. Not much can be done about baseball sized hail though. Good luck and let us know what is going on and where.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"