Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    If you’ve ever taken a saws-all and cut a couch in half to make it easier to get it out of the house........ 

You might be a redneck!
    Haha - not a couch but a mattress box spring.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @bucky925 - you are now reaping the true benefits of that hill climbing new ride.  Congrats and best wishes to all.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited March 2021
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    If you’ve ever taken a saws-all and cut a couch in half to make it easier to get it out of the house........ 

You might be a redneck!
    RoR, sofa kind of funny, I had to do this to move an old oversized sofa down to the basement  :) 

canuckland
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Scrolling through posts during my morning "routine"
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Watching basketball. Tried bumping @gonepostal NCAA thread. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @Sea2Ski- nicely done with the wood and those burnt ends are quite a reward.  They look incredible.  Your wood piling completely justifie the calories inhaling the burnt ends.  
    BTW- there's no such thing as A beer!   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    @Sea2Ski  Those are some nice looking burnt ends.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Needed posts to hang some lights, was lazy and cheap and didn't want to go buy some t-posts.  Have a fence on the other side of my property I want to take down anyway, so removed part of that fence and used the t-posts to hang the lights.  Is a temporary deal, but worked out well.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    One of the wires going into my trucks trailer plug was stripped. I removed the hitch to get the best access to replace/solder in a 🆕 plug. Since I had the hitch off I figured it was time to take the angle grinder to it and remove the rust and cheap flaking paint off it. I hit it with some black primer and a couple top coats of bed liner. I'm hoping the rust stays away for a year or two. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    One of the wires going into my trucks trailer plug was stripped. I removed the hitch to get the best access to replace/solder in a 🆕 plug. Since I had the hitch off I figured it was time to take the angle grinder to it and remove the rust and cheap flaking paint off it. I hit it with some black primer and a couple top coats of bed liner. I'm hoping the rust stays away for a year or two. 

If you are going to do it, might as well over do it!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Split some wood yesterday about 50 feet from this pile.  While doing that, I had some pork belly burnt ends going.

So I was wheelbarrowing it over load by load this morning to stack. Truth told, about 1/3 of the rear row was there from 3 years ago.  Being in the shade slows drying down significantly. Oak takes long as it is. 

But I got this smaller stack of rounds done. The entire back and the front right row is all oak. The left side of the front row is maple. Will see it again the winter of 2022-2023 - maybe. I got a new stove and the burn time is now about 35-40% longer than the 40 year old model I was using for the last 20 years.  May not see it to 2023-2024.  @alaskanassasin

Time for a beer. 
    Just shakin my head. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    WeberWho said:

did you put the bolts back adjustable hitch?  Looks good!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Which woodstove brand did you go with @Sea2Ski. We have enjoyed our napoleon, though I buy baffles every few years.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    How cool is that!
    It’s Fonzie cool 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited March 2021
    Options
    WeberWho said:

did you put the bolts back adjustable hitch?  Looks good!
    Thanks! Bolts all back in. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Watching the Grammies.  I'm not into "award" shows, but since retiring from playing in a band on weekends, and getting SiriusXM, I don't follow "popular" music much anymore, but its good to hear what's going on in that world every once in awhile.
    And, while only 45 minutes in, its been nothing BUT pop; do they not present classical, jazz, Latin, country, opera, or Hungarian Acid Polka anymore?  I haven't heard anything, yet, that I'd like to look into a bit more (however, the night is but a pup).  We'll see.  
    I did see that, earlier, one of my favorite bands got a Contemporary Instrumental Grammy; congrats Snarky Puppy!  

EDIT:  Okay, will be checking into a duo called "SilkSonic", Bruno Mars and some other crooner; very nice!  And, they're now doing some country, so I just needed to be patient.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Great story, @WeberWho! Very cool -- and even better with the kids running with the theme.
    Stillwater, MN
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    Being amazed at how sore my body is after playing 18 holes of golf yesterday. Haven’t played in over 8 years, needless to say a little rusty. And sore, definitely sore
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Wow interesting story, weird how things work out sometimes. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    He sounds like a heck of a guy fwiw.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    Options
    Trying to pull some strings to gain private access into Assembly Hall for the NCAA games.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

You might be a redneck!

i took the last one out with a splitting maul. i think they built the house around the couch
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Split some wood yesterday about 50 feet from this pile.  While doing that, I had some pork belly burnt ends going.

So I was wheelbarrowing it over load by load this morning to stack. Truth told, about 1/3 of the rear row was there from 3 years ago.  Being in the shade slows drying down significantly. Oak takes long as it is. 

But I got this smaller stack of rounds done. The entire back and the front right row is all oak. The left side of the front row is maple. Will see it again the winter of 2022-2023 - maybe. I got a new stove and the burn time is now about 35-40% longer than the 40 year old model I was using for the last 20 years.  May not see it to 2023-2024.  @alaskanassasin

Time for a beer. 
    I have lots of black locust to split.  Do you just have them on 4x4 "rails" or something else?  I need to get to work!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,082
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

You might be a redneck!

That tool can also be used to settle property line disputes, at least temporarily... "Judge will settle boundary dispute that ended with a Maine man sawing his neighbor’s garage in half"

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Apparently the Buffalo hates NCAA basketball. Thread went poof...like a fart in a whirlwind

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,521
    Options

LOL ... people are mad nuts these days.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!