Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Lunch

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Kayak said:
    Kayak said:
    Sitting at the hospital. The boss is having her thyroid and parathyroid removed. 
    Wish her well. Hashimoto's or the C word? Fun times ahead.
    Haven’t heard the word Hashimoto’s. So far the biopsies that they have been able to do are benign and not cancerous. They were not able to get biopsies of all the lumps, however, her ENT surgeon has said that he does not believe any of them to be cancer. So good news. Just awaiting everything to be done. 
    That's good news! Hashimoto's is one of those auto-immune diseases where your body attacks the thyroid. Treatment is usually synthetic hormones which also finish off the thyroid while taking it's place. Seems like in either case, she'll be 'back on the dragon' while figuring out the new normal.
    So far it is nothing more than some abnormality. Through all the tests and biopsies nothing has been said about it being more. Hopefully we will be able to get into an Endocrinologist soon and get everything else figured out. Just taking it step by step right now. 

Surgery was scheduled for next week, but the doctor called on Monday and said they had a cancellation and could get her in today. Hopefully she will be recovered enough by next week and I can take her to the Oregon coast to recover. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    Looks like some serious weather is on the way to the south. Some may already be experiencing it. Batton down the hatches. Not much can be done about baseball sized hail though. Good luck and let us know what is going on and where.
    We would park our cars in a parking garage when we knew we'd get really bad, apocalyptic weather.   This was before my big shop where I have enough covered space.

Options
    I stopped by my big shop yesterday on the way to the store.  Opened the door and was hit by a very strong smell of gasoline.

I started checking all the vehicles, gas tanks....anything that held gasoline that could have leaked. 

Found the problem finally.

My boat was out a few weeks ago and my buddy filled it up all the way when it was cold.  No head space.

The temp is maybe 15F warmer.  Gas expanded and pushed out the cap onto the deck.

I mopped up the gas and used a turkey baster to remove a quart from the tank to give me enough head space where this won't happen if it warms up even more.  Turned on a shop fan directed to the boat to make sure everything dried up. 

That could have ended badly....a 25 gallon fire averted.
    Options
    I stopped by my big shop yesterday on the way to the store.  Opened the door and was hit by a very strong smell of gasoline.

I started checking all the vehicles, gas tanks....anything that held gasoline that could have leaked. 

My boat was out a few weeks ago and my buddy filled it up all the way when it was cold.  No head space.

The temp is maybe 15F warmer.  Gas expanded and pushed out the cap onto the deck.

I mopped up the gas and used a turkey baster to remove a quart from the tank to give me enough head space where this won't happen if it warms up even more.  Turned on a shop fan directed to the boat to make sure everything dried up. 

hope you have good coverage there, take lots of pics
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    stimulus direct deposited today, they should make this a weekly thing
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @nolaegghead - that is definitely "better to be lucky than good" right there.  It woulda been a lot more than a 25 gallon gas fire in no time.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I picked these up on a whim this afternoon. They have my tongue dancing. I'm impressed by the heat and the reaper flavor is good. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    Looks like some serious weather is on the way to the south. Some may already be experiencing it. Batton down the hatches. Not much can be done about baseball sized hail though. Good luck and let us know what is going on and where.
    Yea, watches and warnings already going off here. SWMBO got sent home at 1pm. I hope everyone stays safe this afternoon and tonight.

LBGE
    AL
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Was unemployed for almost 10 months.  Started new job last month.  Apparently I don't qualify for this round.  Even though I haven't filed my 2020 taxes yet.  (which is going to be a nightmare with all this unemployment I claimed)
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • RealDonaldTrump
    Options

You're welcome
    I have a MiniMax on my golf cart
    Florida

• fishlessman
    Options
    Was unemployed for almost 10 months.  Started new job last month.  Apparently I don't qualify for this round.  Even though I haven't filed my 2020 taxes yet.  (which is going to be a nightmare with all this unemployment I claimed)
    get a good accountant and wait as long as possible, the irs doesnt know what to do with this yet. the new stimulus package changed alot of rules

fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options

I don't have any insurance on the shop other than full coverage on the Porsche parked in it.  I need to look into it.

Sitting at the hospital. The boss is having her thyroid and parathyroid removed. 
    Really sorry to hear of this. Wishing you and “the boss” all the best!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

I don't have any insurance on the shop other than full coverage on the Porsche parked in it.  I need to look into it.

Wow. Better get on that. I’ve seen the toys you keep in there, and a loss would not be pretty. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    get a good accountant and wait as long as possible, the irs doesnt know what to do with this yet. the new stimulus package changed alot of rules

Yeah I am going to wait a while.  Went online and tried to do my own and it said I owe a whole lot more than I would care to pay.  Going to have to go talk to someone about this.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    Options
    dont know the specifics but that package that passed thursday has something about unemployment credits, something like 10k for single, 20 for married and im sure theres other things no one knows about yet or how to address.
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options

look into what to do if a friends car is in there as well. not sure if they can put a small policy in place if they are leaving it in there for some time or you just adding it to the policy.
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    In regards to weather, it drizzled for about 15 minutes here. (Lafayette, LA)

They closed all the schools at 11-11:30 CST.

weather man must be getting kick backs from the babysitters that all are making bank today.

radar appears much worse elsewhere to my NE.
  • nolaegghead
    edited March 2021
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

weather man must be getting kick backs from the babysitters that all are making bank today.

Looks like we're going to get hammered for an hour or so around 7PM.  Messages from Entergy and the city on expected power outages. 

My generator took a direct hit from my neighbor's tree (a big branch) this morning (high winds).  Fortunately the roof I built over it took all the damage.

Options
    Been a minute since I’ve posted a cook, debrined the packaged corn beef and running the egg around 275 with some hickory chunks. Gonna pull and steam to finish it out, final pics to come. 

Happy St Paddy’s day eggheads! 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options

Along these lines I just saw the news that the IRS is planning to delay the tax-filing deadline until mid-May this year.  Basically a one month extension.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Looks like we're going to get hammered for an hour or so around 7PM.  Messages from Entergy and the city on expected power outages. 

My generator took a direct hit from my neighbor's tree (a big branch) this morning (high winds).  Fortunately the roof I built over it took all the damage.

Thank God you put a roof over it. Weather N and S of us, Lafayette getting a little rain. I want a whole home natural gas generator bad. Saving up my acorns for it as of Hurricane Delta. 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Just saw May 17.  Surprised not later.  

Meanwhile, enjoying a few days in Ft Lauderdale.   Spent a few hours on the fancy shopping blvd, Los Olas.  Girls lightly shopped, i car watched.  Count was:
    Rolls Royce - 3
    Bentley - 3
    Lambo - 3
    Ferrari- 4
    Porsche - 3
    upper MB - 5
    Alpha Romeo - 2
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Phone shopping 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Just got round one of the Moderna vaccine
    Me too.  Same version first dose yesterday.  Arm is sore but feeling otherwise normal. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options

Reminds me somewhat of the time I put the gas nozzle into a rod holder opening that is way to close to the fuel opening. Only about 3 gallons in the bilge. But boy was I sweating it because my bilge pump is hot wired all the time.  Went thru a case of paper towels rolls followed by a massive fresh water flush. Whew. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius.