Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• wbradking
    Options
    Wow @sgh that looks way good!
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,800
    Options
    wbradking said:
    Wow @sgh that looks way good!
    Sometimes the Gods are cruel, sometimes they show mercy. Last night, they showed mercy my friend. And thank you for the kind words my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,552
    Options
    @SGH- Never a doubt and I will have to be quite on the side of sober to grab a finish pic like that.  And that may be a tall order on 6/7/16 aka Super Bowl.  Nothing like skin in the game...Again-most excellent.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just fired the XL for my brisket cook. A bit early, but again, planning ahead...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @ozzie_isaac  your thermo reminds me of

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @DMW- I'm going early AM Sunday-Aiming for around 6-7 PM (EST) finish Sunday.  Enjoy the cook.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @dmw it's never too early to fire up for the brisket. 
    beautiful hunk of briskey @sgh
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • DMW
    Options
    @lousubcap - I'm starting around 11 or 12 tonight, aiming to finish around 2PM or so. My goal is to have everything finished early and holding to serve around 5:30 or so.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    Options
    Bringing the XL up to temp from my bar-stool in my basement

Got a new 39" TV for my bar today. Got the biggest that would fit between the fridge and the ceiling.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• lousubcap
    Options
    Even if I cover my investment on Sunday I will never be in a position to have a sanctuary like that.  Most excellent-but "life is too short for light/lite beer"  ;)
  • DMW
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Even if I cover my investment on Sunday I will never be in a position to have a sanctuary like that.  Most excellent-but "life is too short for light/lite beer"  ;)
    That is water in a blue can. Real beer was consumed earlier, and I have a new bottle of Glenmorangie standing at the ready for later.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Wishing I was driving the Zamboni.......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,800
    Options
    @Legume
    Show off ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Legume excellent. I've been craving seared tuna for the last couple of days. Was thinking it would be good tonight, but had some errands to run and went out for Thai. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,640
    Options
    Thanks @theyolksonyou

@SGH I would gladly trade you the three leftover slices of ahi for that beautiful meteorite you've been posting. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Wishing I was driving the Zamboni.......

Nice. Best sport to watch live.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Really drunk and babies gonna be up in 2 hours. Gonna be a rough day tomorrow.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    Prepping for pulled chicken sliders, blue cheese cake, brisket. Au gratins using Käise and sharp cheddar, and a broccoli casserole. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    Lit said:
    Dang... Feel for you.. Nothing like getting yourself into showroom condition with a looming deadline of the responsibility of the babies..
    Maybe a 30oz Yeti filled with a fully loaded Bloody might smooth out the rough edges.. Good luck and have a great day.. B)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Figure everyone else is doing brisket.  I've got a 4.75 lb flat about to go on.  We'll probably have a few slices for dinner, but its real future will be chili.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lit said:
    @LitWhat is really funny is that when posted that tomorrow was really today unless you really meant Monday which is tomorrow, because of today.

Man you confused me..... :wink: 

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Prepped pork loin and wings. Cut a fresh pineapple. Made some homemade mayo. Will be making frog eyes later.  

Brother is making ribs in his elec. Pressure cooker and will find on the Egg. 

Only picture so far is the pork loin. One seasoned with competition pork rub from Oakridge.  Other is marinade concoction with apple cider, orange juice,  dijon mustard,  honey,  salt, pepper,  and canola oil. Some brown sugar too. 

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @SGH I've been thinking about your In The Style of Dixie threads.  I seriously believe you should start a YouTube channel "In The Style of Dixie" and have narrated how-to videos.  But having said that, I would be afraid that you'd become richer and mo' famous and not have time for us! 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,640
    Options
    How to drink JD, lose your pants and end a party early...in the style of Dixie.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    Dang... Feel for you.. Nothing like getting yourself into showroom condition with a looming deadline of the responsibility of the babies..
    Maybe a 30oz Yeti filled with a fully loaded Bloody might smooth out the rough edges.. Good luck and have a great day.. B)
    Man I got lucky wife got up with her I slept till 10. Got a point in the backwoods and gonna throw some wings on the kettle soon. What a good day.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Saw these this am and was disappointed in the rust. Do you guys store your cast iron in doors? My KAB in the MM was also rusted. 
    Hoping some high heat and scrubs will restore them. 

Seattle, WA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    All my cast iron stays in the house.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio