Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,644
    Options
    Beautiful sight there, I can almost smell it.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    woah....wait...what is picikle juice? haha
    Yeah, he's got to piss in a cup tomorrow so he's pulling all stops out. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Didn't know about the pickle juice. I thought they just pooped soft serve ice cream. Those unicorns are amazing. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Flourless pancakes, bacon, eggs over easy

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Jason Keep your eye on that grease trap, I see a lurker!!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    It has pepper in it. We'll see 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    The lone slice for the dog? Also, what's the handle thing on the shelf?

Flourless pancakes?  Use greek yogurt? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    The funny thing about the forum is that you can look at most pictures and tell immediately who posted them ... if there's a dark brown lab staring at the food like it's a rare treat ... will that's one of @theyolksonyou's cooks. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @tarheelmatt the lone slice was done. It was that thin slice that's always at the back of the package. Just up there staying safe and warm. The handle is on old spatula from a grill set that I use for leverage on smash burgers. Finally, pancakes are super easy. 1 banana and 2 eggs. I liquefy with an immersion blender. Simple as that!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    Getting close. 21 hours in. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Renegaderam
    Options
    Sitting on my butt Oz. To cold here to do anything but read up on my new egg. Have a great day.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,249
    Options
    Admiring the chunks I picked up yesterday from Joe's Smoking Woods yesterday. Hickory and Pecan (it's not pronounced Pee-Can either). Apple not shown. #supportsmallbusiness #noaffiliationwiththiscompany

• Jeepster47
    Options
    @SGH ... 21 hours at 200 degrees on a large ... I'm impressed my friend.  Have you needed to do any fire tending?  Can't smell it here, so will take your word for it ... but, it really does look good.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @DoubleEgger I wish he had a website.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Went to Fergusons meat market to grab some wings and they had fully trimmed points. They were expensive at $6.99 a lb but all the hard fat and the flat is gone and they were pretty. Gonna sit on my butt all day tomorrow drinking PBR and tending the fire.
  • SGH
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @SGH ... 21 hours at 200 degrees on a large ... I'm impressed my friend.  Have you needed to do any fire tending?  
    Brother, since I installed my Rutland gasket, (thanks @RRP) I have never had any issue locking the temp at 175 or higher.
     I lit the BGE at 10:00am yesterday with a full load of Rockwood and 4 fist size chunks of oak. Got it adjusted to 200 by 11:00am. At 12:00pm exactly I loaded the brisket and the temp fell to 186. I never touched the vents.
    At 1:00pm it had risen to 210. I made a slight adjustment on the daisy wheel and dropped it back to 200 degrees. In just shy of 24 hours, I never touched the vents again. The egg would fluctuate from 200-205 during the cook.
     I contribute this due to it getting down in the 30's last night and being windy. 5 degrees ain't bad though, and won't effect a thing. As a owner and user of several types of big units, I still say that the egg is a tough act to follow when it comes to setting and forgetting it.
    When loaded and adjusted properly, the BGE will easily hold within 5 degrees for 24+ hours. I have 3 large vertical cabinets that will more than give the egg a run for its money when it comes to holding temps. However for a single brisket, they are beyond overkill.
    As of late, I have been using the BGE far more than the big units. It's more practical and easier to use for small cooks in my opinion. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Lit said:
    Went to Fergusons meat market to grab some wings and they had fully trimmed points. They were expensive at $6.99 a lb but all the hard fat and the flat is gone and they were pretty. 
    I would be all over them in a minute. I prefer point 3 to 1 over flat. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Jeepster47
    Did you get that PM? If not, let me know. 

Status- Standing by.

• Jeepster47
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Jeepster47
    Yes I did, thank you!

• Jeepster47
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Jeepster47
    Yes I did, thank you!

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I'm not wearing pants
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,583
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - "What has been read cannot be unread!"  Hope it's your choice ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,555
    Options
    Noticing that Dish now has MTV Live in place of Palladia...  Don't know yet if that's a good thing or not.   :|

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• RMSmithJr
    Options
    Letting the steak rest on the counter, getting ready to fire up the egg. 
    SalemsLot, Maine
    BGE.L since December 2015
    Cabela's model 2007-November 2015
  • SGH
    Options
    RMSmithJr said:
    Letting the steak rest on the counter, getting ready to fire up the egg. 
    Steak is one of my very favorites. Will be standing by for the finale. 

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Got my brisket trimmed and rubbed awhile so I don't have to fool around with a knife later on when I might will be impaired.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,583
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Same deal here-but it was the most hard fat brisket I have had from Costco.  At the end of the day removed 3+ pounds of fat from an 11.5 # brisket.  Tomorrow will tell.  Enjoy the cook and eats.  
    Edit: The cook will be most excellent regardless.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Options
    @DMW @lousubcap
    Standing by for the finale fellows. 

Status- Standing by.