Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    bangor307 said:
    Thank you Sir!
    They are an awesome burner , I would gladly pay double than the asking price 
    I don’t really need one of these, but am lusting after one based on looks alone. The glowing reviews (no pun intended) are pushing me over the edge. I figure that, at a minimum, it would look nice in my living room. 

Make sure you buy the leg set otherwise it is a table-top rig.
    Have you experienced the coating flaking issue Nola? That’s my only hesitation. 
    Not at all
    Options
    Finally got caught up on this thread after several days of only checking in for short stints.  Glad to hear you're all still with us.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Watching the news.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Watching the news.
    I'm sure there nothing going on because we are way too smart to start a war or anything stupid like that.
    Uhhhh... yes.... for us Canucks.....

JFC, you poor bastards!  Does camelcamelcamel.com work for you ?
    Yeah, we tend to get royally screwed. Our prices go up when the USD gains, but conversely, never fall when the CAD makes some gains - even when they’re big. Oh well, at least we’re Trump-free, which is worth the price of admission. 😉
    But if you had a “Trump” you too could have a stock market (Dow-28868 today) at record levels, and the booming economy that accompanies it. We are really getting spoiled here in the US.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Yeah, we tend to get royally screwed. Our prices go up when the USD gains, but conversely, never fall when the CAD makes some gains - even when they’re big. Oh well, at least we’re Trump-free, which is worth the price of admission. 😉
    But if you had a “Trump” you too could have a stock market (Dow-28868 today) at record levels, and the booming economy that accompanies it. We are really getting spoiled here in the US.

Options
    @littlerascal56

Keep your politics off this thread.  

Options

Serious contender and possible champion of future WingDing event right there.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,610
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Serious contender and possible champion of future WingDing event right there.
    Mike where are the other "wingettes" 4 missing  =)..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,610
    Options

Thanks for the recipe, sounds super simple and looks great...(The shadow on the recipe was a bit off-putting) :o
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

Thanks for the recipe, sounds super simple and looks great...(The shadow on the recipe was a bit off-putting) :o
    LOL

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

I think he was trying to say that thighs would work better in this recipe...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

Wait until you see the picture of the spider he found in his toilet!
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Trying this nespresso coffee thing my wife had to have 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    We have one of those machines here in the office.  The coffee it makes is decent in my experience, not great.  But the machine gets a real workout around here.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Wife got me a pour over that makes awesome coffee, she likes the convenience of the single serve. We had a keurig and I hated it 

• GATraveller
    Options
    Wife got me a pour over that makes awesome coffee, she likes the convenience of the single serve. We had a keurig and I hated it 
    What did you hate about the Keurig?  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    The coffee was terrible, absolutely terrible, and we had a pretty expensive machine. 

Also, that's a lot of plastic waste. I'm not crazy about the nespresso pods, but they are all aluminum and they have a free recycling program. 

• GATraveller
    Options
    The coffee was terrible, absolutely terrible, and we had a pretty expensive machine. 

Also, that's a lot of plastic waste. I'm not crazy about the nespresso pods, but they are all aluminum and they have a free recycling program. 
    Agree with you about the plastic waste but I've never found the coffee to be bad.  I do want to try pour over.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,644
    Options

Agree with you about the plastic waste but I've never found the coffee to be bad.  I do want to try pour over.
    FWIW SF Bay coffee pods at Costco are 100% compostable and the coffee is better than the Keurig / Green Mtn stuff, at least to my taste.  Also support independent growers, etc.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    We have one. Wife loves it. A bit over priced if you ask me. Better than Keurig though
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Yeah, that shadow was a spider.
    Options

This is unfortunately misleading and is not comparing apples to apples. 

Regardless, key economic indicators continue to remain incredibly strong and the last 11 years in the stock market have been record setting (in the positive)!  Who cares about politics when we've got that👍
    NC - LBGE
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    The US postal service in Marion, IL is completely worthless. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    wardo said:

This is unfortunately misleading and is not comparing apples to apples. 

Regardless, key economic indicators continue to remain incredibly strong and the last 11 years in the stock market have been record setting (in the positive)!  Who cares about politics when we've got that👍

Really, how so?  It's growth.  If you put a dollar in the DOW that's what it's worth as a function of days.  I think you mean total market value where it that obviously grows with time, the total dollar increase is higher in subsequent administration, possibly with the exception of Bush, but that's not in this window.
    Options
    The US postal service in Marion, IL is completely worthless. 
    FTFY

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Looks great @Eoin !
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio