Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Watching the Buckeyes put a beat down on the Tarheels
    Yes, that was just plain fuggley.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    alaskanassasin said:
    Very good question my friend, and we always wondered about that. He was banded and pretty far along when we got him. It is possible they missed one. 
     That said he never smelled like a billy, I won’t get into describing what a billy does when he is in the rut but I never saw any of that behavior. 
      He was always testing swmbo to the point I had to get her a prod, and he really had it out for my Nigerian dwarf nanny. 
    There's a Reality TV show in there, somewheres....

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Looking for oddball haribo candy online. 

Wanting a couple bags of one called "smiling balla" for my brother for christmas. We had them on a layover in Germany on a couple of our deployments. Want to give him a couple bags for Christmas.  

Any European members ever see them? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My damn Samsung S8+ cell phone died a couple hours ago.  I didn't drop it or let it run out of charge, just turned off and won't turn back on.

I have dropped it in the past, about 1000 times, and I've replaced the screen earlier this year.  I think this is just the product of a thousand small cuts.

So I'm charging up an old iPhone.  Easy to switch phones with Verizon.  Just the worst. possible. time.  Going on a road trip in the morning and I need to work while in the car.
    Options
    My damn Samsung S8+ cell phone died a couple hours ago.  I didn't drop it or let it run out of charge, just turned off and won't turn back on.

I have dropped it in the past, about 1000 times, and I've replaced the screen earlier this year.  I think this is just the product of a thousand small cuts.

So I'm charging up an old iPhone.  Easy to switch phones with Verizon.  Just the worst. possible. time.  Going on a road trip in the morning and I need to work while in the car.
    Is Samsung French?  Could be it’s just on strike.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Update:  Tried switching phones, Verizon tells me the phone is "too old and doesn't meet the minimum technological standards to be on it's network". 

This has to be a load of crap because it was on their network 2 years ago as SWMBO's phone.  It's a iPhone 6, I think, 4 years old.

So I'm charging up a phone from 2 phones back, need to find my last phone with a cracked screen, it probably has the best chance of switching over.

However, upon looking at our plan online, we're eligible for new phones, and I think this is a few months earlier than the 2 year deal so I might just get a new one tomorrow.  They are obviously having retention problems with all these cheap alternative carriers.

When can I just get the chip embedded in my skull so I don't have to worry about this binkie we all carry around?
    Options

We had a vision of the future this mid-week when Amazon hired the Premier League. All the games were streamed and it was a further step towards redundancy for fans.  

PL clubs no longer need ticket sales for revenue, they are now just a captive audience for advertising.  ‘Good’ fans don’t wear a ten year old scarf and sing throughout the match - they buy leisure wear at the club shop, visit the artisan pop-up cheese and craft beer stall, then book a holiday through the team’s preferred travel partner. And gamble online a lot.

As crowds dwindle AI will paint in ‘fans’ over a homogenous ‘atmosphere’ soundtrack, next matches will be played in a sports hall - then just virtually.   

Anyway, onwards and upwards - here’s the skinny on this weekend’s proto-dysopian melodrama;

Saturday

Lunchtime -  Managerless and turmoil beset Everton welcome Chelsea. Terrifying Duncan Ferguson is in temporary charge for the Toffees, but that won’t be enough. 2-0 Chelseas.

Proper o’clock

The wheels have stopped turning for Bournemouth and they are being exposed for the lower half Russian billionaire funded cloggers that they are.  Liverpool in town this week so  2-0 the Reds for an away win to keep the good times rolling for Jurgen.

The Jose bounce came and went - some good wins than a weak performance up at Utd.  Tricky tie with Burnley but they squeak home 1-0, but don’t rule out a low score draw.

Watford are having a shocker and looking for yet another manager. They are burning them quicker than lump on a 500 degree Egg.  They also have a big grudge against Palace, for reasons unknown, so what better time than whilst they are floundering at the foot of the table to welcome the hot-streak Eagles.  But Palace could easily do a ‘typical Palace’ here.  It depends how hard Zaha gets kicked up in the air and whether he gets sent off for retaliation. Probably an away win 1-0. 

Teatime

Manchester derby - Utd continue to stutter and beat Spurs by default in the week.  Cant see City slipping up here.  3-1 the blues.   Ole shuffling closer the exit door. 

Stoke have shown signs of fight under new man O’Neill.   Tricky trip up to Hull this week.  A draw would be a good results all things considered.  1-1.

Sunday, three lunchtime matches;

Villa cant get the results and if Everton do recover, they might slide towards the relegation zone. No let up this week as the flying Foxes are in town.   There will be goals. 3-1 Leicester 

Newcastle have stabilised and welcome Southampton - who have also rediscovered stability.  Tough to call as neither team is reliable.  1-1.

Norwich don’t have the depth to navigate out of the bottom end of the table, whereas Sheff Utd have built a cushion and confidence.  Away win here 2-0 with the Blades taking all the points.

Those filthy Seagulls only went and beat lame Arsenal - honestly, you cant trust anyone nowadays.  To be fair thy have been resilient at home but face a different challenge form Wolves - who continue to defy logic and gravity.   2-1 away win for Wolves.

Monday night - a joyless encounter between West Hame and  Arsenal awaits.  Could be apocalyptically awful to watch.  1-1 - because no one can keep a clean sheet this season. 

Happy Friday & still 2 full weeks until Christmas. No need to even think about buying gifts yet!

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options

Wanting a couple bags of one called "smiling balla" for my brother for christmas. We had them on a layover in Germany on a couple of our deployments. Want to give him a couple bags for Christmas.  

@milesvdustin Never seen these and they are not available here. The only places that come up on a search are Eastern Europe (CZ/PL). 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Update:  Tried switching phones, Verizon tells me the phone is "too old and doesn't meet the minimum technological standards to be on it's network". 

This has to be a load of crap because it was on their network 2 years ago as SWMBO's phone.  It's a iPhone 6, I think, 4 years old.

So I'm charging up a phone from 2 phones back, need to find my last phone with a cracked screen, it probably has the best chance of switching over.

However, upon looking at our plan online, we're eligible for new phones, and I think this is a few months earlier than the 2 year deal so I might just get a new one tomorrow.  They are obviously having retention problems with all these cheap alternative carriers.

When can I just get the chip embedded in my skull so I don't have to worry about this binkie we all carry around?
    We just switched to Verizon.  It is a business account with 10 or 11 phone numbers.  Some iPhone 7s could not come over due to a compatibility issue but Grandma's iPhone 6 works!   She's 98. I did not want to put a different phone in her hands. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,205
    Options

https://www.germanshop24.com/sweets/gummy-candies/
  • milesvdustin
    Options

https://www.germanshop24.com/sweets/gummy-candies/
    I couldn't find them on that site 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Gotta love a man in overalls isn’t that right @SGH
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,868
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Eoin said:

@milesvdustin Never seen these and they are not available here. The only places that come up on a search are Eastern Europe (CZ/PL). 
    Strictly Tangfastics for me. 

Or sugar dusted cola-bottles, oh and sour Pastels and sour skittles as well.   And especially the super sharp old fashioned sherbet. 

See what you made me do .... https://www.oldestsweetshop.co.uk/buy-sweets/sherbet-space-dust 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Hope the phone saga is progressing well, @nolaegghead
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    It’s the annual Tuba Christmas in the ATL. 150 or so tubas of all shapes and sizes from all around come together and practice for an hour, then put on a concert.  My sons third yr participating.   

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    At the dog doc.   Dog has the $hits. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    thetrim said:
    still no phone.  I'm riding shotgun in an Audi Q5 about an hour into Texas right now.  Putting out a work fire using SWMBO's hotspot.  I forwarded my office phone to the hotspot phone.  Feel neeked without my damn phone!
    Options
    thetrim said:
    At the dog doc.   Dog has the $hits. 
    @thetrim this stuff works wonders, over the counter as well. No idea if you can buy this in the US, or something similar.

https://www.protexinvet.com/pro-kolin-advanced-for-dogs/p6223
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    thetrim said:
    still no phone.  I'm riding shotgun in an Audi Q5 about an hour into Texas right now.  Putting out a work fire using SWMBO's hotspot.  I forwarded my office phone to the hotspot phone.  Feel neeked without my damn phone!
    .....and yet you find a way to post.....with cloths on I hope. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Been day drinking and cleaning/reorganizing my garage. 

Not much progress so far 
    On the drinking or the cleaning? 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,496
    Options
    Happiness is arriving at the DMV ten minutes early, getting the photo taken, and having your number called before your butt even hits the chair; In and Out in 7 minutes!  B) 

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    Options
    thetrim said:
    dream on, hippy!
    thetrim said:
    dream on, hippy!
    This has a whole pot/kettle vibe. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Driving through the lovely Houston traffic right now.  

Playing Led Zepplin and logged into some work servers putting out a fire.
    Options
    @Foghorn I'll be in SA until Wed.  I'd say call me but my phone is kaput.  Hopefully I'll be sporting a new one tomorrow.